Prepared Red Robin VS (non-Juggernaut) Colossus?

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Prepared Red Robin VS (non-Juggernaut) Colossus? (7 votes)

Red Robin with preparation and surprise, hands down 29%
Even so, Colossus would squash him 29%
Not sure... if he's lucky, Red Robin 29%
Just because he's a real powerhouse, Colossus by a little margin 14%
Completely even 0%

So, here's the deal. I have a serious fanart moment right now, so I decided that I will do the following thing: I ask for a random character on the Marvel wiki and another one on the DC wiki, then I pit them one against the other. They are in character and have standard equipment on themselves (no vehicles or similar stuff).

Still, since this is an obious mismatch I decided to make it fun: let's say that...
- Red Robin has knowledge about Colossus and has the element of surprise (as shown in the picture).
- Colossus knows he is in a battle but has no sights on Robin.
- They are on a 20 story building's roof, with plenty of cover and hiding spots.

I would love to feel you arguments.

• 
bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm counting this as pre New 52 Red Robin, when he was actually a good character. If he's got knowledge of Colossus and is prepared, he'd take him down.

Also I like your colouring on Colossus. He looks very shiny!

blancosombra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

First off, nice picture... Colossus particularly looks great.

I have to go with Colossus on this one. What knowledge could Red Robin have on him going into this that would help, especially if all he has is his standard gear. The element of surprise is a good advantage to have but I see it as both short-lived and ineffective in the long run. Being on a building gives Red Robin the option of knocking his opponent off to the street below, but that wouldn't phase Colossus all that much. Hiding spots wouldn't last long if Colossus knew he was being assaulted by an unseen combatant; he'd simply level the roof. And then what? Yeah, Colossus all day long here...

MatteoPG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redscare: @bennyq: thanks to you both. I focus more on a couple of tasks in each piece I do, since I'm still training hard. Here I focuse on lighting and shadowing. ^ ^

I can see people lean towards Red Robin in the poll, but here we have arguments for both. I actually voted Colossus, because I see him as a real powerhouse who is generally very difficult to stop even to supepowered people. But I do admit that I could be misinterpreting Red Robin's real capabilities.

People are preferring Red Robin so far? Is that the final verdict.