Pencils, Inks and Colors, an artists portfolio.

JRemy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By JRemy

I thought I'd share some of my work with the comic book community. I'd appreciate some feed back on my work as it's one of the ways I'll get better.

No Caption Provided

Batman Superman #1 Sketch Cover Art. I only did the cover on this particular one and used pencil, ink pens and some marker to fill the black. My signature was done with a white ink ball point pen. I'm thinking about picking up some white ink and a quill for finer lines.

No Caption Provided

Hellboy and the Dark Cross was traditionally drawn in pencil and ink. I used a brush and ink to fill in the black on the tree in the background. I then scanned it and digitally colored it. I haven't found a printer that does full bleed but I'm still looking. I think the gun going off the print would look great printed as such and not with a 1/4" border. I'm still learning to color but I'm collecting a series of brushes that I like to use. I'm hoping to get some work soon as an artist for a publisher. Fingers crossed.

No Caption Provided

This Zatanna is part of my Women of DC Comics Series. Each of these started as marker on comic back boards so there's less detail. Then scanned, resized and digitally colored. The magic orb effects came out pretty good. It's a technique I picked up about 10 years ago. I toned down the colors compared to the other women in the series as Zatanna has always been more of a loner to me.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my work and please feel free to leave some comments.