Outcasts of Jupiter (My Very Own Comic) is Finally Done! *pics*

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By korghano

So for the better part of a year, my brother and I have been working on fulfilling our dream, making the kind of comic we'd always fantasized of as kids. Finally, issue 1 is done and dusted. I've shared a bunch of behind the scenes stuff with you folks, so here's a sneak peek at the finished project (we're launching digitally this week, so if you're interested, you can get a free copy (or pay for it if you want!), just sign up here and I'll send an email when the digital PDF is live - http://www.cokercoop.com/amazemail/ Okay, so onto the pics, these prints were done as part of our Kickstarter campaign. We'll be making physical books available for sale in the future, but we're not quite ready yet. If anyone's got any questions about how we went about making this stuff, printing, behind the scenes, Kickstarter stuff, please feel free to ask!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#1 BumpyBoo  Moderator

OH MY GOSH! Wow, hehe, I am so happy for you, man. This is fantastic news, congratulations. Am definitely going to be checking this out :D

JJ_Was_Here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This looks fantastic! The colors are super beautiful. Great job. I can't wait to read it.

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo, @jj_was_here, Thanks guys, it was definitely a labor of love working on it in our spare time, but we're so excited that we get to share it with folks now. Definitely worth it :)

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@korghano: That is pretty amazing and congrats.

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By korghano
knotty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wonderful work, Korghano! Love the sculpts!

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knotty, thanks! We're going to be serializing it on Tapastic, we've already put the first 6 pages up and we'll be adding new ones each week. I'd do it here too, but I'm not sure yet if the blog format would work, and frankly, it might be considered spam. Here's the Tapastic link - http://tapastic.com/series/Outcasts-of-Jupiter

kcjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks really good. Congrats!

Cutter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

This looks fantastic! The colors are super beautiful. Great job. I can't wait to read it.

Delaroja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was waiting for a comic like this.

HopeOnFire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reading it right now. It's gorgeous! Great world building with the writing and fantastic art! You guys are really talented!

Hearsay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dang, this is impressive work!

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks guys, really pleased you're liking what you're seeing :) We just published the next couple of pages on Tapastic and plan to serialize the whole thing for free there over the next few weeks :)

Avatar image for beaconofstrength
BeaconofStrength

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Nice job! Extremely nice art. Hope the best for you and your project!

TheLurker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WOAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Grigoris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just checked it out and it is fantastic.Congrats on completing such a masterpiece! I know making comics is like climbing a mountain with giants throwing boulders at you with each step. Besides having a top-notch comic, what were the key things you did that made your kickstarter become so successful? And how did you get CBR and Bleeding Cool to pay attention to you? Did they pick up on it after it got some publicity?

korghano

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grigoris: Sorry for the late response, but thanks! Actually, I'd say making the comic was fairly easy, the hard part has been getting folks to take notice! We're going to be sending review copies out next week, hopefully it turns some heads.

CBR and Bleeding Cool were difficult to get a hold of, I think we got lucky really, especially since we didn't have a finished book, we just emailed them with the story behind the Kickstarter and thankfully they liked the look of it enough to run a story.

As far as running a Kickstarter campaign goes, I think the key was that we planned everything out well in advance, we started work on the KS about 6 months before we launched, set up a website, a facebook, Twitter, Google+ page, got in touch with friends and family and begged them for early support (which led to a HUGE $1,500 first day on Kickstarter that helped get us noticed a bit).

It's hard in comic book circles if absolutely no one knows you, and no one knew us, so it was slow going. We tweeted random strangers and friends of friends, and luckily a few important folks, like Jake Wyatt, Joel Priddy and LeSean Thomas among a few others took note and helped spread the word for us, that's what really got us over the line.

My 2c on running a Kickstarter campaign: Prepare.

Grigoris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks @korghano. That's really informative. Its hard to stand out but you've done a great job of it. Keep us updated.

CurlyInsaneGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Congratulations!

I'm looking forward to reading it whenever I get a chance.

patzello

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@korghano: Looks great, and thank you for your info as well.

I am currently working on a graphic novel in my "spare time" as well. It is very encouraging to see that you can get it done if you are the type of person to get stuff done. Everything you just described is what I planned on doing for publicity, along with taking out add space on some podcasts. I still anticipate a tough road to tread, but to see that it did work for someone helps.

The book looks phenomenal. I will definitely be picking it up!