#1 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

This was my warmup last week, over a couple of days. Spent a few minutes doing the quick outline of the figure last Wednesday before I started back on the project I am currently working on and then I added the colors the following day.

Have a new set of brushes on Sketchbook pro and wanted to experiment a bit before using them.

#2 Posted by Shatterstar (4441 posts) - - Show Bio

Nicely done

Moderator Online
#3 Posted by AweSam (7121 posts) - - Show Bio

Shoulders look a bit weird, but great all around.

#4 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@awesam:

Wasn't a precise piece, just a quick warmup.

I don't use references for the most part on anatomy anymore, depending on what I am drawing and what it's for I may still do so. When it's quick, my quirky way of drawing shows up more as it seems to have in your eyes. For the most part you seem to approve, thanks... :P

@shatterstar: Thanks Shatterstar!

#5 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramsillustrations:

Speedo aside, this is an awesome drawing!

Especially considering its just a warm-up.

Great colors too.

#6 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

Thanks man!

Just wanted to share, a somewhat care free figure. When I sat down for the day I decided to just flesh out a figure not knowing what it would be, as I drew it. I just gave it the pointy ears and voila Subby was there. I could criticize it to death but knowing it wasn't to impress I kinda liked it and posted it.

Speedos where pretty common back in the day in the 70's. Kinda cool to go back in time but the new threads are great in the present.

#7 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramsillustrations:

I do the same thing! I just start sketching then I'll decide: "Hey, I'll make this guy Ghost Rider", or something like that.

Except it doesn't come out as good... :P

#8 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie:

I agree, mine looks like chicken scratch when I'm not motivated but I have practiced long enough to get decent results most of the time.

I still have to keep pushing to get better, that in itself is a never ending battle to reach the next level... I try not to post the stinkers that can happen to me...hehehe

#9 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a warm up?!! 8D

Mad skills, buddy. MAD SKILLS :)

#10 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (7258 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramsillustrations:

Yeah, usually when I get an idea for a drawing that I want to post I'll spend two-three pages of sketching before I decide do the final drawing.

I am showing it off to the entire forum. Want to make it look good. :)

#11 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3775 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this Namor better than the current.

#12 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo:

Thank you Miss Boo, always the flattering supportive comments, greatly appreciated on my end as I blush...ok maybe not blush but it did bring a smile of appreciation to my face! Seee, like this... (8 D

@battle_forum_junkie:

You are right but at times I am not in the mood and crap seeps out of my fingers, that's what I hide from the world! ;P

@themanintheshoe:

Thanks man, that's great!

#13 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio

@ramsillustrations: Awww, it is all well deserved praise though :) You have oodles of talent, I'm just making sure you know it is all ^__^

#15 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo: Aaaw, thanks! I think I'm getting a crimson tan coming over my face as I write this! :P

#16 Posted by Farkam (3229 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. No really.

#17 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo:

You are still the coolest member, hehehe... :)

#19 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1010 posts) - - Show Bio

@bumpyboo:

;D

Decided to lower the saturation on the colors and try this from a slightly different color perspective. :P

#21 Posted by BumpyBoo (7215 posts) - - Show Bio