#1  Edited By MuadDiab
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By sora_thekey

Awesome job! Your work on this is amazing!

I think that the only thing you would need to work on is a bit on the proportions. GL's head is a bit small and X23's head is a bit big. I love your colors though and you have an excellent sense of color shadowing. That's something hard to work on since as amateurs we are sometimes stuck with shading as a dark area. You managed to darken those specific areas with colors not just shades, kudos on that and keep up the good work!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#3  Edited By xerox_kitty

Laura looks older, like this is an interpretation of X-23 in 4 or 5 years time.  A strong woman... but with nasty claws ;)  These are great!  I like the way that Hal looks like he's descending & there's a sense of perspective with his trailing foot... and Laura is wearing a funky bright pink lipstick (not far off one of my own favourite shades :)

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MuadDiab

thanks guys. A thumb's up from this week's community starlet is all I needed :D 

Colouring comes easy enough to me tbh. Of course I could have put in more effort with it but at the moment I'm focusing alot more on the drawing side of things. If you thought these proportions were off you should see my older work. Awful anatomy. 

Probably the last of these kind of pics I'll do for a while, Practicing Panels for the foreseeable while. My monday life drawing classes are helping loads though

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#5  Edited By sora_thekey

Classes are always good! Keep it up!

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MuadDiab
@sora_thekey:classes are brilliant. really pushes you to draw things you wouldn't think of normally. started 4 weeks ago and hadn't taken a class before that in 6 years. happy with how it's going though
MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By MuadDiab

just realized both are community starlet award-ees. apologies

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tonis
@MuadDiab said:

" @sora_thekey:classes are brilliant. really pushes you to draw things you wouldn't think of normally. started 4 weeks ago and hadn't taken a class before that in 6 years. happy with how it's going though "

missed these when they first came out, very nice job with the pencils and coloring. 
Glad to hear you've got a class going on, always a good thing for growing. 
What are you taking, just life drawing or any other art ones in there?
MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MuadDiab

It's just been life drawing but I'm fearful she's going to spring painting on us soon, which I'm not a fan of. I always felt it ruined my sketches as a kid and sure nowadays there's the big daddy that is photoshop for colouring. 

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

#10  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Good work

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By tonis
@MuadDiab said:
" It's just been life drawing but I'm fearful she's going to spring painting on us soon, which I'm not a fan of. I always felt it ruined my sketches as a kid and sure nowadays there's the big daddy that is photoshop for colouring.  "
photoshop is definitely a power house tool when it comes to coloring, no doubt. But I wouldn't poo poo any painting tricks she gives you, they'll apply in one way, shape, or form, to other things you do even if you never do any paintings. Plus with life drawings learning the subtle differences in mediums like pencils to brushes will be useful in applying shadows and lights differently to any photoshop coloring you might do later. 

If you do it, don't think of it as ruining a sketch, think of it as extending a skill. This will feed the future sketches well ;) 
Keep up the learning, it shows in your progress.
FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#12  Edited By FunnyStuff707

To be honest, I think they're really bad. Hal's head is small, his arms come out really low and they're in front of his body, which is weird. Right arm is longer than the left, too, with the hand too small at that. His legs are in a really weird position and proportionally off. X-23 is proportionally better, but looks pretty masculine. The angle of her belly doesn't seem to match the angle of her chest. The hair on both of them is okay, and the colors on X-23 are well done. Helpful critique, so keep trying.

MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By MuadDiab
@tonis: oh I will definitely do the painting, just not my favorite thing to be doing. thanks too 
@FunnyStuff707: 'Really Bad'? not just bad, but really bad? Well,  you're entitled to your opinion and I'm under no elusions as to where the problems in my drawing lie. but I'm working on it whenever I can so this time next month I'll have stuff 10 times better hopefully, and the same the month after that. thanks though, I need to hear exactly what people think when they see my stuff. Appreciate it
FunnyStuff707

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#14  Edited By FunnyStuff707
@MuadDiab: 
I'm really not trying to sound rude, but I believe you'd appreciate more honest opinions than just "good."
MuadDiab

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MuadDiab
@FunnyStuff707: no you're completely right. that's what I want and need. Again, appreciate it