New artist - inviting criticism/feedback.

Avatar image for deactivated-65f02065eae36
deactivated-65f02065eae36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey folks,

Alright, so I'm an India-based artist/writer and though I don't draw nearly as much I'd like, I really want to improve and am working on it.

So I'm starting this thread and I plan to upload images to here as I'm able to scan them in the days ahead of stuff I have worked on and will work on, will also try and contribute to the challenge threads here but probably better to keep everything else in one space and not invade anyone else's.

Anyway, these first few are part of a self-challenge, drawing images to accompany short stories I've written/am writing/just wrote since I write a lot more and this gives me topics.

So feel free to see and give me feedback - good or bad - as you see fit. I draw all things with pencil on paper and then scan and do the cleaning, inking and colouring on photoshop. Except the most recent like the last one here which was inked with a micron pen on paper and only cleaned a little on photoshop.

No Caption Provided

<---- 1. This first one is from a sort of melancholy-ish story about perspective on life told through a conversation a sad woman has with a little kid feeding pigeons together.

No Caption Provided

2.----->

This second one is for a character/concept I've created around which I'm building a series of stories - it's a singular character called "Janus" who is a sort of super-human master criminal and is reminiscent of the old pulp stories like The Shadow and Doc Savage with loose connections but a strong central character.

No Caption Provided

<------3. The last one for today is one I JUST finished which is a quick little adventure story starring a pair of nuns with knives on a mission to find strange artifacts that could be used for evil. The one in this inaugural version is the stylus of Calliope, the wisest of all the ancient Greek Muses and mother to the children of Ares (amongst other things).

This one is inked and ready but have not started colouring it yet.