#1 Posted by SarahPerryman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

In an effort to always improve my art I have been taking a hard look at my coloring style. My hubby pointed out the use of too much darkness in a lot of my coloring and it has been something that has bothered me for quite a while. So I am slowing down and really getting back into putting an effort into my tones and shades. When I first started coloring I was mainly focused on learning the shapes, lighting, and speed. Now that I have a pretty good understanding of those, through years of practice, I can get back to the basics and take my coloring where I want it to go.

This beautiful Neverland cover was drawn by Pasquale Qualano for Zenescpe. I borrowed it as a practice piece.

#2 Posted by BumpyBoo (9292 posts) - - Show Bio

@SarahPerryman: Well I would say you have achieved your objective here - you mentioned that your other work has too much darkness in it? I haven't seen that so I couldn't comment but if anything, this piece glows, your use of light here is quite stunning. Again, thank you for sharing this. Excellent stuff ^_^

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (8532 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent work! That practice is definitely going places.

#4 Posted by JesterretseJ (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking good mam! :)

#5 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm. That's clean

#6 Posted by SarahPerryman (7 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you all a lot. I have been getting a lot more positive feedback in the past couple of weeks since I focused on a lighter style. I really appreciate it!

#7 Posted by Joygirl (19974 posts) - - Show Bio

Once again, excellent. Very vibrant.