#1 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm desperate for someone to draw this for me; you see, I'm not an artist. I can draw straight lines and that's about it; granted, that opens up lots of things, but I can't use digital tools well at all, I can't color very well, and I'm not good at drawing people or large landscapes. I'm pretty amateur.

I'm hoping that someone who needs some practice drawing humans, could re-draw (hopefully better than I did) my character for me, that I have a picture of; this is so I can use him in a fan-fiction (or a dozen) I'm going to write with him in it. He's a character I made up, and I know what he's supposed to look like, and drew him once, but with some details missing, and it wasn't even a very good drawing.

If anyone would please help me that'd be greatly appreciated, I will give you credit and add a link to your profile saying you drew the character; you can even autograph the picture if you want, I just need the thing finished ^^

Post here or PM me please!

#2 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to try

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7275 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: If you describe the character visually best you can, maybe add descriptions of his costume, clothing, powers, that helps a lot. Odds are more than one artist may be willing and able to help you.

#4 Posted by WillPayton (9301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@minigunman123: If you describe the character visually best you can, maybe add descriptions of his costume, clothing, powers, that helps a lot. Odds are more than one artist may be willing and able to help you.

Yeah, this. Put on the thread anything you have, and then possibly someone will see it and be motivated to draw something.

#5 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

@Decept-O said:

Yeah, this. Put on the thread anything you have, and then possibly someone will see it and be motivated to draw something.

Alright; I wasn't describing him publically because I didn't want to give him away :P but I already have a pic of him I made, that I was going to send in a PM to anyone willing to help.

Basically he's a muscular human, with a tight costume (like Batman's; thick like kevlar, but very form-fitting), comprised of all red and black; his costume is a bit similar to Deadpool's, though there are definitely differences. His helmet is a solid helmet, unlike his fabric costume, and as such the eye-slits in his costume are actually sealed with a transparent material like goggles. His eyes glow blue due to the powered nature of his suit.

He has no powers initially, he's simply an extremely highly trained killing machine; he carries two large pistols and one katana on his person at all times, as well as a dis-assembled assault rifle and various other devices such as grenades, tazers or grappling hooks.

Though he sounds similar to Deadpool and Deathstroke (because they inspired him), his personality is somewhat seperate from the two of them, as well as there being other subtle differences between them; he's not exactly a rip-off, just heavily inspired by them.

Here's a pic of him so any artists interested in helping can see what he looks like (without any equipment on him) (Also, ignore the nose I drew on him, I tried to erase it):

His name is Dead Arc. The katana would be on his back, the rifle disassembled and on his belt possible (or assembled and on his back, artist's choice (hell, the entire rifle is optional)), and pistols on his sides (pistols are his main and preferred weapons). Add any little cool details, gadgets or nicknacks that you feel would supplement his character; an extremely tech-savvy, vicious, mercenary assassin.

Also, don't make fun of my drawing D:< it's my first time drawing a non-stick-figure human.

#6 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Nobody interested in redrawing him? :/

#7 Posted by Dbennett6684 (193 posts) - - Show Bio

i am working on something

#8 Posted by ProofPudding (309 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Disicded to take a quick crack at it. Did this sketch on my lunch. Took some liberties on the design I hope you don't mind.

#9 Edited by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@ProofPudding said:

@minigunman123: Disicded to take a quick crack at it. Did this sketch on my lunch. Took some liberties on the design I hope you don't mind.

It's not bad, but I really think the eyes should be blue; the legs also look a bit overly massive, but otherwise that's quite good. Thank you for the drawing ^^

@Dbennett6684 said:

i am working on something

Awesome! I look forward to your work! Thanks in advance ^^

#10 Posted by payno (967 posts) - - Show Bio

@minigunman123: Thought I'd have a quick go at this...

#11 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

@payno: That's pretty great! Thanks! I think that might be the pic I use if/when I post my fanfic (either here or on fanfiction.com, haven't decided yet).. I'll give you credit for the picture and include a link to your profile if possible ^^ thanks!

#12 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/batman-the-lost-arc/698883/#1 The fan fiction has gone out to the public! Artist has been chosen! Thank you all for your effort and help! ^_^

#13 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20116 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow! Payno's is awesome!

#14 Posted by FrischDVH (603 posts) - - Show Bio

Did this when you originally posted. Didn't scan at the time, but I thought you'd still like to see it.