need a little advice

jaredmoses2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Im writing a teen superhero, who is a juvenile delinquent who after screwing around one too many times ends up in an accident involving the creation of his arch nemesis, death of an innocent and giving himself solar manipulation. This will be web series, but im thinking maybe the first season should be an origin season... my problem with that is, A. I dont know if thats a good idea or not. B. how exactly do you stretch out a origin season over the course of 20 eps. considering he gets his powers in the pilot, and will probably where some kind of suit. So ultimately my question is how do we stretch it out, (details please if possible). and is it a good idea to do it that way or should i take a different approach (open to other suggestions)

Anbu_B_Team

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Anbu_B_Team

@jaredmoses2: So as of right now your pilot is the origin story?

jaredmoses2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By JonSmith

He's a juvenile delinquent. THAT'S how you stretch it out: He's naturally inclined to use his powers for personal gain, and the audience would assume this is the origin story for a villain. It's up to you to introduce elements and plot points that instead lead to him being a hero. Have him walk the line: Is he a hero, or a villain? The archnemesis you could give him some kind of personal connection to, maybe have them team up and work together on multiple occasions, but have the nemesis a little more extreme. Maybe even make the nemesis more liked by the public for being a bit more extreme in their methods, and a bit more powerful than the protagonist.

That way, you've got character conflict, you've got drama, you've got an interesting interaction between both of them as one of them falls into darkness, one becomes a hero... But which will become which?

Avatar image for explodingpineapple
explodingpineapple

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

bennyq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By bennyq

You could show him during later adventures, and occasionally flash back to the origin, only showing bits at a time

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For the first couple of ep.s have him explore his power, but ultimately he feels responsible for the accident and death so he turns himself in. He is arrested and sent to prison. There his powers could still be kept hush because he isn't in the sun all that much. Also in prison you can lay the groundwork for eventual bad guys he will face and maybe an ally. As you prepare to take him to trial in the finale, have his arch nemesis drop all charges so that he can exact revenge on him later.