Mystery of the Runes. Discussion And Contest.

Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 15

Edited By Trodorne

edit: oh and i forgot to mention this is very loosely based on a Final Fantasy type of universe.

Hey guys, its your friendly neighborhood jerk. bringing you a simple and yet complicated puzzle. This is from my personal story/world. so the contest will be 2 months long. that should give you time to work on this as well to work with others or yourselves. the winner or winners will get a free comic book which I will send them, as well as personal glorification on my comicvine profile, and possibly have them involved in a future comic review. so not much of a prize but still something none the less. This contest will end June, 22nd of 2011.
And here it is...

No Caption Provided
What you see here was exactly what was drawn on the sheet. now for some back up information.

In Story Info:

On a recent expedition to the interior of the Halvijnor Continent, a group of Hume archeologists searched for any remains of ancient text or civilization prior to the demonic wars that lasted 387 years. during those wars, most of texts of their history had been lost. leaving most to live with a "now" philosophy, bits of steam technology and magic intertwined. Deep in the Vacneer Forest was found remanents of what used to be a crude lookout tower. upon many months of excavation found ruins of Orchani (orcs) and Hume architecture.

The largest building in which was excavated found catacombs and underground crypts of what were priests, and shamans. Upon one such crypt was the finding of a runed tablet. the tablet itself seemed to be in ancient Hume runic system which was derived of the Northlander tribes of the Wyvern Mountains in the deep northern regions of the continent.

Taken with care and under the scholastics of scientists and magi of the 3 major nations, the tablet's language has yet to be deciphered as all key texts were destroyed during those ancient wars. but from some close observation, there is reason to suggest that the tablets speak of either of a magical weapon, a recount of an important point in history. or possible ancient calendars based on astronomical constellations.

The tablet itself was tested and found to be close to 4,200 years old, it also seemed to have been enchanted by a time spell to slow down natural degradation, the ruins itself seem to suggest that it was built around 1,850 years ago. so the origin of the tablet may not be from that area. all attempts of scrying the history of the tablet have failed. Now the tablet sits in a Museum with new attempts every so often to study and solve the mystery of the runes.

Rules:

1.You may work by yourself or with a single partner.
   2. You can ask up to 3 questions regarding the tablet in terms of details of the research done on it. or ask about the world to get more of grasp of it or any other related finds. (no asking what the runes say...)
   3. All discussions about the tablet are open, all answers that are submitted will be with a H2 titled Answer:.
   4. All answers submitted are final. (so try to be serious when submitting them.)
   5. Please leave credit in your answer if you are basing it on someone else's idea. give credit where credit is due.(but take the prize for yourself ;P )
   6. Have fun with this.
   7. All entries must be submitted before June 22nd, 2011.
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Trodorne

and so you guys know, the last 3 runes was a joke i put in as a filler. so ignore them. Ill tell you guys later what it means.

Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Ferro Vida

Those six ruins in the image look like they could represent certain elements. (two mountains for earth, a flame, a whirlpool, the sun, lightning, and wind).

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By tonis
@Ferro Vida said:
Those six ruins in the image look like they could represent certain elements. (two mountains for earth, a flame, a whirlpool, the sun, lightning, and wind).
yea I agree, the image appears to me as Earth, Fire, Water, Sun, Weather, Wind (What some would call the first 6 trumpets)
With the seventh going splat into the planet. If I was to guess, it'd be the dwarf star Nibiru.
Ferro Vida

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Ferro Vida
@tonis: So perhaps the tablet is some kind of prophecy for the end of the world?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By tonis
@Ferro Vida said:
@tonis: So perhaps the tablet is some kind of prophecy for the end of the world?
Certainly a theme found in many ancient civilizations.
It could also mean the opposite, and be representing the ingredients of the world to form creation. The three round things being a part of a trinity to it.

Beginning or end, I think it all ends up relative ;)
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Trodorne
@Ferro Vida said:
So perhaps the tablet is some kind of prophecy for the end of the world?
From the possible rythem of the runes, scholars seem to think that these represent syllabels and ideas. the 6th symbol from the bottom of the left column seems to depict a person but with a crude aura. from what the scholars seem to think it could have very well to do with creation or something relative to it.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By tonis
@Trodorne said:
@Ferro Vida said:
So perhaps the tablet is some kind of prophecy for the end of the world?
From the possible rythem of the runes, scholars seem to think that these represent syllabels and ideas. the 6th symbol from the bottom of the left column seems to depict a person but with a crude aura. from what the scholars seem to think it could have very well to do with creation or something relative to it.
if you were to flip the whole thing 1/4 degree clockwise, the same symbol could be a symbol of a 'rocket ship'.
It occurs again the second down on the second column from the end with what appears to be flames coming out of its ass :)
If the symbols represent 'ideas' that would appear to be a point when the ship is moving or taking off.
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Trodorne

Lol i blame the scanner for that.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By tonis
@Trodorne said:
Lol i blame the scanner for that.
damn scanners, trying to rewrite history :)
Trodorne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Trodorne

who knows, maybe it might give people an eye opener on their own world.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#11  Edited By Decept-O
@Trodorne
Not to be an ass, but I think Contests really are limited to be a month or less in duration.  I believe its in the Forum Rules, unless a Mod would like to jump in. 

I don't quite get this one but good luck with it.  

OK, thanks for sending the info and the changes made.  I DO like this, don't get me wrong.  Unique idea and unique is usually good to me!