#1 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey people, thought of sharing my Top Cow Talent hunt submission here. Only did this three pages. Didn´t have much time, and at the time I thought it would be better to color the three penciled pages I had, than rush the rest of the script. Now I´m thinking that I should have done more penciled pages instead haha. Would love to read your thoughts on it. Thanks.

You can check the pencils on my blog:

[url]http://miguelmendoncacomics.blogspot.pt/[/url]

Thanks

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19402 posts) - - Show Bio

This is pretty terrific... hmmm... I'll get back to you on this. ^_^

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6256 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk: Wow. That looks like a proper quality comic book. I'm impressed. :)

#4 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like what I'm seeing here. If not Top Cow today, there's no doubt it will be another publisher tomorrow. great stuff!

#5 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd read any book you worked on. This is utterly gorgeous.

#6 Posted by akbogert (3217 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed. This is fantastic. You've got some pretty stellar stuff on your blog there, too.

*goes back to drawing stick figures*

#7 Posted by Ironhawk22 (320 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectacular!
#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (8434 posts) - - Show Bio

Mm-hmmm, your work is somethin' fantastic. The lines are clear, the details are very well put together, and I just really dig how you do faces.

#9 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@V_Scarlotte_Rose said:

@mikemaluk: Wow. That looks like a proper quality comic book. I'm impressed. :)

Thanks you so much. Glad you think that :)

#10 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

I really like what I'm seeing here. If not Top Cow today, there's no doubt it will be another publisher tomorrow. great stuff!

Hey thanks a lot. I hope so hahaha Thanks for the support :)

#11 Posted by longbowhunter (7047 posts) - - Show Bio

I like!

#12 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

I really wouldn't take not winning the contest too hard, the sheer number of entries had the odds stacked against you already regardless of your work. Not to mention who knows what the internal criteria was to judge the winner.

Based off of these 3 pages, I would be very surprised if you did not find professional work in the future. I would have to nitpick to bring up faults as your overall style is pretty solid, but some panels are better than others. As you said you were rushed I do not want to comment further unless I was able to see more of your work and feel qualified to offer anything of worth.

#13 Posted by Onemoreposter (4022 posts) - - Show Bio

dude awesomeness

#14 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ellie_Knightfall said:

I'd read any book you worked on. This is utterly gorgeous.

Thank you so much thant is really awesome to read! Thanks for the support!

@akbogert said:

Indeed. This is fantastic. You've got some pretty stellar stuff on your blog there, too.

*goes back to drawing stick figures*

Thanks mate!

@Ironhawk22 said:

Spectacular!

Thanks! Appreciate it!

@ARMIV2 said:

Mm-hmmm, your work is somethin' fantastic. The lines are clear, the details are very well put together, and I just really dig how you do faces.

What more could I ask, hahah, thanks.

@longbowhunter said:

I like!

Glad you do! Thanks!

@Brazen_Intellect said:

I really wouldn't take not winning the contest too hard, the sheer number of entries had the odds stacked against you already regardless of your work. Not to mention who knows what the internal criteria was to judge the winner.

Based off of these 3 pages, I would be very surprised if you did not find professional work in the future. I would have to nitpick to bring up faults as your overall style is pretty solid, but some panels are better than others. As you said you were rushed I do not want to comment further unless I was able to see more of your work and feel qualified to offer anything of worth.

Awesome, thanks a lot! I would still would like to know witch panels you liked more :D

@Onemoreposter said:

dude awesomeness

Thank you so much!

#15 Posted by JesterretseJ (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty solid stuff right here...and really love your colors :)

Next time around you'll get ehm :)

#16 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@JesterretseJ said:

Pretty solid stuff right here...and really love your colors :)

Next time around you'll get ehm :)

Hahah, thanks man! Appreciate it ;)

#17 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk:

The Top 3 IMO

1 - First panel

2 - Last panel

3 - Winged moon panel

#18 Posted by mikemaluk (62 posts) - - Show Bio

@Brazen_Intellect said:

@mikemaluk:

The Top 3 IMO

1 - First panel

2 - Last panel

3 - Winged moon panel

Thanks for the answer friend ;)

#20 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (180 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikemaluk hey great work man! Def keep it up and youll be published for sure. If you dont mind me asking how long have you been working on the comic format and drawing? Just curious because ive drawn my whole life and have finally decided to tackle writing and drawing my own graphic novel. Its tough.. was just curious about your thoughts and process.