Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio
#1 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet!!!!!

#2 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

OH, MY, HOLY, GOD!

That`s great!

His left leg though...It looks freakishly out of proportion. I understand where you were going, and I fail at drawing the leg and/or legs scretched out like that, too (though, I don`t know if this is just a rare mistake for you, not having seen but only this drawing from you), alot of times. Or was it every time?

#3 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

I CANNOT BELIEVE IT!!!

On the real, though. Good job!

#4 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies: @Twentyfive: Thanks a lot!

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I particularly don't see an error in the proportions of the legs. On the other hand it was very difficult for me to solve the arm holding the trident. I'm still not convinced. A friend noticed something strange in the proportion of that arm, but didn't say anything of the legs. I guess it depends a lot on the perception of the viewer. Thanks for the feedback! :)

#5 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

@crestfallen:

Eye of the beholder.

You`re welcome.

#6 Posted by Icon (2083 posts) - - Show Bio

That's excellent!

#7 Posted by tomlikesfries (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

That's amazing.

#8 Posted by Referee (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

Really nice work, let me know if you ever color it in.

#9 Posted by Aronmorales (9460 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOH!!!

#10 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats so f****in dope!

#11 Posted by ARMIV2 (8676 posts) - - Show Bio

Faaaaaaantastic!

#12 Posted by WaveMotionCannon (5533 posts) - - Show Bio
@crestfallen The legs are fine. The arm though , is off you should see more of the top of the hand and the Sceptre should be at a different angle. The way it's drawn , the elbows inside not outside as it would be if the perspective was correct. All in all GREAT JOB.
#13 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

While I do think that this is a fantastic job, I wanted to comment on a couple of the things that were mentioned here.

At first glance, it appears to me that you want to have the arm extending straight out to the side

There are some basic anatomy problems with structure of the arm and the musculature that you've built here.

What I've done here is just pull the shoulder out a little and started building outward with more natural proportions.

I also extended the lat spread, but that's more of a personal preference, to give him more weight up top.

Foreshortening

After looking at it more closely, I fee that you were going for more of a foreshortened approach.

In this case the you have to look at this initially as overlapping forms, you can find some drawing tips about how to build foreshortening by first using cylindrical forms

When using this technique you can see the cylinders as overlapping forms then start to widdle away at the anatomy to create the illusion of foreshortening.

So here, the fore arm over laps the bicep which overlaps the shoulder.

Comic book dynamics will sometimes dictate the exaggeration of features and here you can see that I made the hand larger than the first example to enhance the perception of depth

The Leg

While the led isn't wrong essentially, I think what might be throwing this a bit is that the hips flair a bit too much.

If you lock the hips into the V taper of foreshortening of the body then the outer portion of that bent leg is barely going to break that constraint of the V

That bent leg might even be a little longer than I've indicated here via the principle of Comic Book Dynamics.

You have a great illustration here! Again, I just wanted to comment on some of the things mentioned here, I hope it helps - EJ

#14 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon: @Aronmorales: @KnightRise: @ARMIV2: @WaveMotionCannon: Thanks, Im glad you like it!

@Referee said:

Thanks, and yes, i will!

@Press Oblivion: Great feedback!! Very complete. I appreciate your taking the time. I will try to apply the first one. Thanks!

#15 Posted by Deranged Midget (17715 posts) - - Show Bio

That's just brilliant work you have there mate! Love the shading, the attention to detail and also what you decide to add in regards to the Sharks!

#16 Posted by sora_thekey (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

WHY ARE YOU SO AWESOME?! Great job dude.

#17 Posted by SmashBrawler (5949 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work, as always.

#18 Posted by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderful drawing man, I dig it.

#19 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

That is absolutely beautiful.

#20 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

@crestfallen:

#21 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@crestfallen: I LOVE the detail! Keep it up!

#22 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: @sora_thekey: @SmashBrawler: @SavageDragon: @Blood1991: Thank you very much!! :)

#23 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@Crom-Cruach: AWESOME!! ha ha ha Thanks!

@Strafe Prower: Thank you! :)

#24 Posted by WarGoddess (5 posts) - - Show Bio

Stunning.

The detail on this is just phenomenal.

#25 Posted by dondave (38481 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#26 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@referee said:

It took me a while, but as I promised here is the color version. :)

#27 Posted by CyborgZod (149 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey thats really nice work. The colors look amazing.

#28 Edited by Blackdog2009 (1856 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job. Yea the arm holding the trident is a little bit off but the colored version it's not noticeable really. Nothing wrong with the legs. I give it a solid A- grade. please visit my JL and Avengers Art here thread and blow my mind with some more of your art!

#29 Posted by BumpyBoo (10049 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, with the colours added this really pops! Amazing ^___^

#30 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

Amazing job!

#31 Posted by RetconCrisis (4174 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome job! And the arm holding the trident isn't too distracting, didn't notice it until you mentioned it.

#32 Edited by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio