#1 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

here is the scan for my first ever Galactus image...it's a 14 x 17 haven't done something this size in awhile.

scanned the top and bottom separately, both pieces were put together by britt...it's a tad bit pixelated when printed out, but I am very happy with it!

this is also a tribute to a comic book page a sort of recreation as you would say.

#2 Posted by AweSam (7376 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome.

#3 Posted by spidey 15 (17756 posts) - - Show Bio

0_O...... Just WOW!

#4 Posted by ARMIV2 (8808 posts) - - Show Bio

That...is....freaking...FANTASTIC!!

#5 Posted by Aiden Cross (15575 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome o_O

#6 Posted by Mercy_ (92997 posts) - - Show Bio

Holy crap O_O

#7 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at Galactus. Tired and hungry as fudge. That's why I don't mess with him lol.

Great drawing, man.

#8 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really good. I'd love to see it inked and colored.

#9 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks every for the great comments, I am very happy to see that you all love it so much! i had a blast creating this baddie, he is by far one of my favorite bad guys, more marvel and dc artwork like this coming as soon as possible! :D

#10 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (228 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very good work, the only thing I don't like is that his face seems a bit narrow. Everything else is just great.

#11 Posted by JohnnyWalker (821 posts) - - Show Bio

call loefield and say: you're screwed now! YOUR JOB IS MINE!

#12 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine: thanks man glad to see you like the piece a lot! if i ever draw another one I will make his face less narrow.

@JohnnyWalker: Liefield will never lose his job, he's never going to go away, he's just one of those types haha :P

#13 Posted by Deranged Midget (17856 posts) - - Show Bio

That's fantastic! Great job on the inking mate.

#14 Posted by MilosRadmilac092 (24 posts) - - Show Bio

Holly %$^$ This is awsome!! Love it!! I really dig your style. It's unique... Keep it up!! :))

#15 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (755 posts) - - Show Bio

@TypH: Wow, the inking is incredible. Perfect shadowing and line weight. You should really REALLY be proud of this one. Of course you probably don't need me to tell you that, but still. Seriously fantastic stuff this.

#16 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@TypH:

I feel the dirt falling around him. Nice way to capture that. It's about storytelling and you did well. I do agree that the face is a little long but actually I liked it very much, it fits your style.

This is what comics are all about, diversity, dynamics and creating a different and interesting version of the same characters we all love!

#17 Posted by Aronmorales (9647 posts) - - Show Bio

...WOW...

#18 Posted by ShootingNova (18704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mad_Wolverine said:

This is very good work, the only thing I don't like is that his face seems a bit narrow. Everything else is just great.

Pretty much.

Drawing was very good overall.

#19 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a suggestion... And it's this... Give me your talent or I will beat you up!

#20 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

I have a suggestion... And it's this... Give me your talent or I will beat you up!

Doooooooooork! :P

#21 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Gimme your talent too Bob!

#22 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad said:

@RamsIllustrations: Gimme your talent too Bob!

...and its Bub to u! :)

u married yet?

#23 Posted by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Nope. It's towards the end of the year. It kinda was postponed cause my family can't make it if it was much sooner. :D

Any, back on topic... I really liked the OP's drawing. I wish I can do detailed linearts like that. And so I would really really love... to steal his talents. Nyahaha!

#24 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1118 posts) - - Show Bio

@ssejllenrad:

Well if you practiced more I have faith that you are talented enough to accomplish great things in lineart! Nyahaha!

#25 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheWitchingHour said:

That's really good. I'd love to see it inked and colored.

#26 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget: thanks man glad to see you like my inking a lot, I love doing pencils and then getting to ink my own work, I find it brings more life into the piece.

@MilosRadmilac092:haha thanks buddy, i'm always try to improve my own unique style, I love doing a decent amount of blacks and a lot of detail! :D

@ZZoMBiE13:yeah I am really proud with this, I kind of shocked myself as to how well it turned out haha.

@RamsIllustrations: thanks for the nice compliments man, I tried to add the right amount of falling dirt, didn't want to go to over board and make it to crowded.

@Aronmorales: thanks! :D

@ShootingNova: thanks as well Nova!

@ssejllenrad: hmmm let me think about them.....hm......ummm....no :P

#27 Edited by TheThe (1755 posts) - - Show Bio

You know how to draw. Like someone else said, the only flaw(according to me) is the facial expression: he looks tired or drunk. But other than that, i'm impress. You've got artist potential. Really, really good.Really.

#28 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

Tuff looking work right there

#29 Posted by ShootingNova (18704 posts) - - Show Bio

@TypH: No prob. Really a nice piece of work.

#30 Posted by HarlequinKiss (441 posts) - - Show Bio

Love your inking. Very organic :D

#31 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7955 posts) - - Show Bio

Love it, his drawn face is amazingly creepy

#32 Posted by Decept-O (7284 posts) - - Show Bio

@TypH: Incredible work.

#33 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@HarlequinKiss said:

Love your inking. Very organic :D

thanks you very much HK! I love inking my own pencil works, i find it helps bring my work more to life, inking by hand is the best!

@Omega Ray Jay said:

Love it, his drawn face is amazingly creepy

thanks Omega, glad you like the face, i was really trying for a creepy look.

@Decept-O said:

@TypH: Incredible work.

thanks man, glad you like it! i gotta get it colored and turned into a print maybe.

#34 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7690 posts) - - Show Bio
@TypH: wHAT PROGRAM OR SOFTWARE YOU USE?
#35 Posted by TypH (390 posts) - - Show Bio

@MadeinBangladesh said:

@TypH: wHAT PROGRAM OR SOFTWARE YOU USE?

I don't use any programs, everything I do is by hand with pencil, ink and paper.