#1 Edited by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

I've seen a lot of new contests in the artists show-off popping out in the past few months and although there's some great new ideas they all follow the same protocols as the current crop.

This is not one of those
One thing that is missing in this whole 'pick one' approach is the chance for artists to actually see areas they are doing well and where they should consider improvement. There's no 'real' artistic criteria for voters to consider, so how is an artist supposed to analyse what they should be striving for in a challenge?

This will be an attempt to offer both voters and artists a chance to expand on communications. If it flys it flys, if it dies, I know I tried :)

It is based off an earlier attempt by a user, Flash_313, who had a good idea but unfortunately at the time didn't take off.

TIMELINE: rather than these random whenever they get started challenges this will follow a monthly schedule. It's open from the 1st of the month untill the end of the month. There will be 3 days of polling after and if it's a hit then the same will go on for the next month.

RULES TO ENTER: It would be chaos without them, so here's the premise.
1) There's no set theme, an artist can post any work they've done within that month but they must choose ONE FOR ANY MEDIUM THEY CHOOSE TO ENTER by the deadline (defaults to their most recent unless specified).
2) For their submission choice they should include which medium, a reason why they chose that piece of work as their entry. Along with a description of how they did their piece, supplies, references, or special notes of consideration.

POLLING: the first 3 days of the next month voters will be able to submit there choices for the following criteria before the next event starts:
 MEDIUMS:
Best Traditional Drawing (paper/pencil/ink/paint/canvas)
Best Digital (tablet/3d/photo)
Best B&W
Best Color 

GENRES:
Comedy 
Horror 
Originality 
Special FX

PROGRESS:
Most Improved

Each vote will count as a point for the artist and the one with the highest point count will be considered the overall 'Artist of the Month'. Voters can vote once for all criteria or just the ones that they can come up with a choice. I know there's no glory of picking the next theme but it does offer an artist a chance to focus more on different areas of their work and get a decent idea of what parts of their work people do like.

Here's hoping it works and that all you great artists can pluck something out of your monthly pieces to submit :) 
There's time before the beginning of the month so I'm open to opinions, suggestions on criteria, or anything else you think about taking this approach to trying something new to do with your work.

#2 Posted by Savage (180 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck!

#3 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's what I consider my best choice for entry to this ... thread.

This was an entry to a character creation contest
MY Reasons for choosing this:
1] This portrays a female in a very comfortable position,
2] It shows good use of stock/modified textures
3] It shows usage of spatial lighting, and corresponding highlights and shadows on the character and objects
4] It shows what should not be done with empty space [reference candle light glow]
5] above all, it was done with minimal no of layers

Supplies: hb pencil, dot pen, graphics tablet.
#4 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@spawndon: yea I really did like that one from you. And very good reasoning. 
Only thing is you already did this one and to prevent people from posting any of their work they ever did the one thing is it be a piece you did within that month (normally). 
However, since this is the first attempt but it's for the second month I guess we can include January work as well to get the ball rolling, so you can choose to use this one. You got till Feb 25th if you change your mind otherwise that's what I'll put in for you ;)
#5 Edited by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this for one entry overall or one eantry fitting each criteria

#6 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207 said:
" Is this for one entry overall or one eantry fitting each criteria "
I actually thought about that for a bit before hitting submit, it's one overall for the month. 
It presents a challenge to the artist to consider the diversity of their work and how they do it before choosing the 'one'. Obviously the 'hybrid' artist has the most options for points using this approach. (I would consider drawing with a tablet a 'hybrid' off the bat) 
You don't have to hit the final buzzer though till voting opens, so submit, explain, and poll everything that you think is 'IT!!!!!' till the 25th

Hopefully the criteria choices balance across the different type of artists we have in our community and offer a chance to spotlight that skill. 
I encourage all artists we have to drop something in here by 2/25 and show just how much we mix it up monthly :)
#7 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a piece that I just started the other night that I feel once finished would be perfect for this. I agree that once entry would be easier and not bog down everything.

#8 Edited by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207 said:

" I have a piece that I just started the other night that I feel once finished would be perfect for this. I agree that once entry would be easier and not bog down everything. "

for sanity's sake one entry per artist makes sense, plus it's a flip from the other contests where it's the voter stuck picking one. Now it's the artist :) 
Voters get to have lots of choices. 

given the pieces you've pushed out so far this month you've got a COUPLE that are perfect for this.
#9 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

*Glares at most original category.*  You are mine.   
*Rushes off to work on a drawing*

#10 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Nah nothing old for me. If it has been posted then it's too old for this. Also for a month long contest gives me more of a chance to baby it instead of the rush jobs for a weekly challenge. But I will admit that the inspiration for the piece in mind did come from one of the recent contest. Just no mud involved !
#11 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope this is OK with Tonis.  I did this as a gift for a friend off the site.  Obviously though, the inking on the body is off.  If anyone can offer tips on inking or coloring, it would be appreciated.  

PLEASE PLEASE--do NOT tell me to get a Wacom Tablet or use Photoshop.  Please.  I am doing this the old school way and will continue, that is my choice until when and if I try another approach.   

Thanks.
#12 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207 said:
" @tonis: Nah nothing old for me. If it has been posted then it's too old for this. Also for a month long contest gives me more of a chance to baby it instead of the rush jobs for a weekly challenge. But I will admit that the inspiration for the piece in mind did come from one of the recent contest. Just no mud involved ! "
your just itching to get one with mud in it aint ya :) 

@Decoy Elite said:
" *Glares at most original category.*  You are mine.   *Rushes off to work on a drawing* "
That's my favorite one :) , thinking of also adding Most Comedic, what do you all think? 

@Decept-O: perfectly ok, beautiful Wondy ;) 
Won't tell you to get a Wacom either, although my tips only count if you get an image editor
See I didn't say photoshop. ;)
#13 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Well, thanks but if I do go that route, I know whom to contact that is for certain.  You've given me enoufh 4-1-1 about it so thanks.   

That aside, though, I have such problems with inking either too dark or too light or too sloppy.  I like using the traditional caliigraphy type pens and nibs but dang it, I've spilled too much ink on paper or even on the wall or carpet for me to continue that route.  So I use other pens but I just can't get a consistent style.  I know where to make lines heavier and lighter, etc., but it never comes out correctly.   

More importantly, though, is the coloring.  I have failed to color any of the art I do the way I want.  I use markers, colored pencils of various varieties, different papers, but again, all comes out looking sloppy.  I know a lot of it is me and how I am doing it, I guess. 
#14 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:

@Decoy Elite said:
" *Glares at most original category.*  You are mine.   *Rushes off to work on a drawing* "
That's my favorite one :) , thinking of also adding Most Comedic, what do you all think? 
If were're limited to only one work I'd say no to it.  
As fun as it is to make funny drawings you're most likely to lose everything else. 
#15 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:  If you add a humor category I'll submit my Zelda picture. :D

@spawndon: I like the texture you chose to use on the blanket.  Makes it look a bit like fur, which fits really well in such a natural and seductive setting. 

@Decept-O: Lucky friend!  I'm not that good at inking, in fact I ruin everything I try to ink...but I can recommend a good pen set; the six pack Micron set by Sakura.  If I weren't such an unsteady klutz, they'd be all I ever needed for line work.
#16 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather:
Thanks for that suggestion about the Sakura pens.  Unfortunately, I am not comfortable with them any longer.  For one, they don't have much ink and run out very very quickly.  The brush pen however is good.  

I have other brand pens as well as technical pens but reserve their usage.  I appreciate the input, but am wondering what I am doing wrong in terms of inking.  I see everyone else's ink work and it is all clean and thin while mine comes out too heavy and sloppy.  Frustrating.
#17 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite said:
" @tonis said:

@Decoy Elite said:
If were're limited to only one work I'd say no to it.  As fun as it is to make funny drawings you're most likely to lose everything else.  "
I don't know, the traditional/digital are kind of one beast, and B&W/Color are another, but I could see something funny still taking some of those too. 
And if it was REALLY original, it could even take that as well. 

would have to be some crazy super mutant of a picture :)
#18 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: If you do make a joke category then I'll just post this sucker: 

Bam!  
I just got a vote from every RPGer on the site. ;)
#19 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: you had me at cookies :) 
#20 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:  I see.  I guess I don't ink enough to be bothered by their lifespan...  I do understand your frustration though.  I could experiment for months and probably never even come close to having inks as pristine as, say, Om1kron's.
#21 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather said:
" @Decept-O:  I see.  I guess I don't ink enough to be bothered by their lifespan...  I do understand your frustration though.  I could experiment for months and probably never even come close to having inks as pristine as, say, Om1kron's. "
yea, Krons lines always look sweet inked up. I'm kind of curious not being a drawer, what takes longer? pencils or inks?
#22 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
This is both for M.S. Feather and you.  I know Om1kron's work before the tablet was real good but with the Wacom tablet it looks even better.  I should probably not even bother doing art any longer since I don't have one and am trying to do things the traditional way.  But I enjoy it and don't think I am all that about it.   

Regarding pencils and inks, well, it can vary.  Frequently, I find when I have the idea, pencilling it out doesn't take very long, but the damn erasing does.  Inking though does take some time, because I sometimes do it in stages depending on the size and shading, etc.  Simply a matter of letting ink dry so I don't smudge.  OH I have a bad habit with that one and being patient.   Again I really like using the calligraphy type sketch pens with the pointed and varied nibs but the blasted ink--often blots and I've spilled the jar a few times, so I can't justify using them all the time, just for larger works.  

OK, for me though, its the inking that takes longer.   

Just to add I am certain if there any Pros reading this they are laughing their a$$ off at me right now.
#23 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:
" @tonis: This is both for M.S. Feather and you.  I know Om1kron's work before the tablet was real good but with the Wacom tablet it looks even better.  I should probably not even bother doing art any longer since I don't have one and am trying to do things the traditional way.  But I enjoy it and don't think I am all that about it.    Regarding pencils and inks, well, it can vary.  Frequently, I find when I have the idea, pencilling it out doesn't take very long, but the damn erasing does.  Inking though does take some time, because I sometimes do it in stages depending on the size and shading, etc.  Simply a matter of letting ink dry so I don't smudge.  OH I have a bad habit with that one and being patient.   Again I really like using the calligraphy type sketch pens with the pointed and varied nibs but the blasted ink--often blots and I've spilled the jar a few times, so I can't justify using them all the time, just for larger works.   OK, for me though, its the inking that takes longer.    Just to add I am certain if there any Pros reading this they are laughing their a$$ off at me right now. "
dude, we've already had long discussions on the pros and cons of what a tablet will bring. You know it ain't the tablet that makes the pictures. Om1krons work is looking better because he's a nutcase just exhuming creativity and talent and the more your doing it the more obvious it gets, not cause he's got a magic wand ;) 

yes the tablet makes you practice more in excitement, but so don't a new pencil set I'm sure. 
You know, I'm suspecting it is the inking that takes longer, seems to be a more 'immaculate' skill. Inkers get a lotta crap and get called tracers a lot but it sounds like a job in itself to look good. Sometimes I color work that's uninked, and being useless with a pen I end up performing 'ink-like' techniques to give the same effect. It's not as clean as what real inks pull off but it is better for coloring with than uninked.
#24 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: Seriously, never ever look down on yourself for not doing things digitally.  I would kill to be able to do things the way you and EGoD do.  All of my favorite artists, all the guys I look up to did things traditionally and that's who I wish I could emulate.  If I could paint like Monkey Punch or Giger I would sell my copy of Photoshop in a heartbeat!

@tonis: Uh, I'd say pencilling takes longer for me because I have to spend so much time cleaning up my sketches.  I have a very scribbley style and I often have to redo a lot of my lines and such so...yeah.  Pencils for me.
#25 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Well, all the work I've seen done by anyone who uses a Wacom Tablet far exceeds anything I can even think of trying.  Also seeing the computer aided art, whether its Photoshop or something else, it is impressive, but it is also very intimidating.  I think I am a dinosaur in a world filled with high tech equipment and I am stumbling about like a bull in a china shop as well.  I should be embarassed for my amateur efforts here.  Yes, Om1kron is talented and I will never ever compare to his skills, with or without a tablet that has been made clear. .In fact, most everyone else is superior to my efforts, so trying to do anything here is embarassing on all levels.  It is why hardly anyone thanks me when I give compliments to the other artists, they think I am a joke, I guess.  There are other artists who are indeed receptive to compliments and praise and are grateful, and I am following them, so I guess it pans out.   

The Wacom Tablet and other devices are enabling people to do things that will far outshine anything I will ever create.   Part of it is due to the fact I don't have the right skills nor talent.

I think things like traditional paints, whether its watercolor, oils, acrylics, etc., will go the way of the dinosaur. 
#26 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather said:
" @Decept-O: Seriously, never ever look down on yourself for not doing things digitally.  I would kill to be able to do things the way you and EGoD do.  All of my favorite artists, all the guys I look up to did things traditionally and that's who I wish I could emulate.  If I could paint like Monkey Punch or Giger I would sell my copy of Photoshop in a heartbeat!

@tonis: Uh, I'd say pencilling takes longer for me because I have to spend so much time cleaning up my sketches.  I have a very scribbley style and I often have to redo a lot of my lines and such so...yeah.  Pencils for me. "
It would make sense that the pencils are more time consuming, given the thinking of what your gonna draw, and I didn't even factor in clean ups and the such. 
Also, I completely agree there's no reason to look down on yourself for how your doing things, only thing that matters is that your doing them :) 

making art isn't so much a battle to be like everyone else so much as it is to be ones self.
#27 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
That's nicely said.  However, given a lot of snarky comments by some people directed towards me ( and yourself, as you've also experienced,) this site sometimes feels like a battle ground instead of a fun place to be.  It has seriously tainted my point of view and has caused me to be a bit "touchy" and not really trust what anyone says or does.   I've been judgmental and I shouldn't be that way and in fact am NOT that way but of late I've been.   

Wish some people who visit the Artist Forum realize that many artists work away from the site, and put a lot of WORK into their art.  It isn't easy pleazy all the time. 
#28 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:  Nonsense.  You're one of the biggest talents on this site.  You have a slew of fans from your comics and you've won multiple contests, so I don't want to hear anymore of that negative talk.  Okay? : )

As for traditional art going the way of the dinosaurs, I sure hope not.  M.P. went to strictly digital a few years ago and his art's become a shadow of what it used to be.

It's kind of depressing...
#29 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather:
Well, you're being very nice but I am certain so many will disagree with you.  Not fishing for compliments ( like I usually do) but am getting frustrated.  See, I am a bit older and am doing this as a hobby, yes, but also want to improve.  I now find myself caught in a digital storm while trying to stand against the wind with just a pencil and paper.  Guess who's going to get knocked down very quickly?  The way things are going, things will be completely digitial or electronic to some degree.  Look at the site Tested.  I see little to 0 need for most anything they review but all these things get promoted to the Nth degree.   

I forgot who that artist is, but I see a difference in color and crispness.  I can usually "tell" when something is computer aided to a degree.  My fear, though, is that people won't accept anything that is hand made, whether it is a pencil sketch, inked, or painted.  Yes, I am talking about tools, essentially, but simoultaneously, these tools are hard for this old dog to grasp.  

Meant to say new tools.   

Also, your work is always expressive and soft and sweet, and the "simple" drawings you do always convey some type of emotion or action.  You do real well, but thanks for the compliments. 
#30 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: There is always going to be a shifting in tools due to technology. If all the professionals went that way it's because the costs and the people who rule them made them do so more than that they wanted to. 

One thing is for sure though, people will ALWAYS accept old mediums even if new ones start to dominate them. If anything they become 'classier' because of it.
#31 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:  If it means a lot to you maybe you could look into getting a tablet, just to try it out you know?  They've become relatively inexpensive in the past few years.  If you do and it doesn't work out though don't feel bad.  I'm relatively young (twenty-four), have a tablet and can do next to squat with it.  Seriously, how much digitally drawn stuff have you seen by me? Heh. ^^'

Anyway, like Tonis said, even if traditional art becomes a niche thing there will still be people there supporting it.  You can bet I'll be one of them.  Just don't let what the "kids" say bother you.  We all know they have no taste.

@Decept-O said:
"Also, your work is always expressive and soft and sweet, and the "simple" drawings you do always convey some type of emotion or action.  You do real well, but thanks for the compliments. "
Aww... ~<3
#32 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Yes, you are right about that.  It is just getting hard for me personally to accept it.  The odd and funny thing is, I was so enamored with a lot of Sci-Fi authors, esp. Isaac Asimov.  The man was virtually one of the first writers to think up the concept for electronic books and electronic tablets and the like!  Now look what has happened, these things are now reality.   

I am not trying to knock Tested or the guys and gals who run it; I just find a lot of things that are in existence right now a bit unnecessary.  Some things are "cool" and full of bells and whistles, but I am not that picky about how many pixels are on my TV screen.  Yes, some things are impressive and better but if I want something lifelike or real, I will do it myself.  I'd rather go fishing instead of worrying about how new and impressive a TV is.  Ha, I digress! ( apologies to Peter David)  Now I will get some hate for that comment ( not by you).  Ugh.  

That aside, a lot of it is just me.  I worry that people will take the easy road and no longer be creative.  They will instead copy everything, trace everything and call it their own work. I am already seeing it here.  It bothers me.  In my stories and art, yes, I am a little derivative but I am not copying nor tracing anything, all I do whether its what I write or draw is original.    You may find some similarities with some things but my efforts are original.  I just hate that with the advances now, people will get even lazier than they already are.  Sorry but I am old school.   

I do hope what the latter part of what you say will be true.  I guess I am just griping and moaning because yes, I am somewhat envious of these advances and new devices and don't have one but I am also concerned people will start disliking the traditional way of things.  I don't know.  God I talk too much!
#33 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather:
Yes, it has crossed my mind that is the problem.  I just can't afford one.  I've talked to Tonis about the things, so I am finding myself with one foot in the past so to speak and another in the future, but as this is a hobby and not anything I know will be a career  ( although that'd be lovely), I can't justify it just yet.    I don't know I am fascinated with it all and am impressed, but again, am also so intimidated.  And concerned with the reasons I told Tonis.
#34 Posted by spawndon (1373 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O:
have you ever tried using pastel colors? I mean those wax ones which comes in 24, 48 sets of little wax pencils like? 
I used it way back in my infanthood, class 1 in primary school and they gave really good colors..... 
I like your art, you are too hard on yourself. 
dont be so, please.
#35 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

people take the easy way out whether they got cool new toys or a horse and a plow, it's human nature to try to find easier ways :) 
Here's what I would clarify on anytime I've suggested a tablet to you. It's not because I think it'll make you a better artist. It's because cost wise it'll solve a lot of the issues you face with getting the materials you need so you can pump out more great work. I'd personally like for you to break those chains and gush out all the pictures you could make if the ink never ran out. 

Your art isn't going to change because of it, at least not directly. Indirectly you'll probably practice tons more and that will have the same effect it has now. 
The trick now is for you to realize when you say you can't afford one, you're making your biggest argument for why you should consider one. Then get creative and figure how the supply costs you spend can strategically shift to include that so in long run those go down. 

Don't think it will make your art better, think it will make your wallet happier :)

#36 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:   Yes you are right, but the thing is for the Wacom it will require a hefty payment all at once and currently I am not in that position to do that nor justify it as I've told you via a PM where I am financially and what is happening in my personal life.  BUT, in the near future, that is possible, yes, the cost of my standard supplies do eat away at my wallet.  I do know, though, like we've discussed, that the additional things that come with the Wacom are also required and aren't exactly "cheap".  It is a matter of being able to afford it all at once but I just can't.  I have to continue to do my art and supply purchases piecemeal.   I am able to supplement this hobby via other ways but not enough for a Wacom.  I am very interested in the darn things and yes all you've said is true. I am just a stick in the mud, even if I could afford one.   Again I find them incredible but also incredibly intimidating and costly!   

Yes, it is funny how tools get changed throughout the ages, doesn't it?  We're just talking about making chicken scratches at the end of the day, nothing that benefits humanity really.  What is beneficial to people are farmers, ranchers, teachers,  and all the other careers of the working man and woman, not drawing pictures.   No one should ever expect to "make it" as an artist, it is a joke, really.  You may be able to sell a few things but the odds of someone being an Adam Hughes or a NC Wyeth are few and far between.  Comic book artists have found a good niche, but I wonder how long it will last?   

@spawndon:
Yes I have used them.  They are good primarily for bolder works.  I just don't use them currently as they smudge quite a bit and I am not doing anything that bold right now.  However, thanks.  Thanks as well for the kind words.  I've said this to you before I have seen an improvement with your work so keep it up if you don't mind me saying.   

#37 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: I can assure you, anything you've been told about additional things is overblown. You get the pen and the tablet and anything else is just 'fluff' 
Can't really help on the cost to get strategy unfortunately, only the logic behind why it helps with costs in long run.

Till you do get one though, which I'm confident your creative enough to come up with something, don't sweat how your doing things. They're tried and true :)
#38 Edited by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Thanks, man.  Yes,  you did tell me that, I forgot.  Oy.  I will keep that in mind.  Yes, this is one of those possible  wishlist things and not a necessity by any means.  Trust me, all the other financial concerns I have outweigh me thinking about the darn thing.  Ha! 

Ok I will also keep that last bit in mind.  I just how clear and crisp and colorful the other works are then I look at my chicken scratches and I want to pull out my hair because it is so awful in comparison.  Wait....I don't have any hair I lost that a long time ago......Ha Ha!   

Thanks for all the replies and input I know we've previously discussed these things so I appreciate your patience with me.   

EDIT:  Just to add I ink my own work, never anyone else's.  Never tried it, obviously.  So I am not a "tracer" like was mentioned in the movie Chasing Amy I think it was.  Although I've seen some incredible incredible ink work by a lot of artists and not comic book artists, but involving  Art Deco and Art Nouveau as well as a variety of Classical works.  
  Outstanding stuff!
#39 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
IMPORTANT EDIT UPDATE INFO: 

I decided to add the 'Most Comedic' to the categories, it's a great area to showcase and an artist deserves to get points for that. 

I also gave it some thought and seeing as there are still 10 days left in the month, what would you guys say to an 'unofficial' preliminary voting thread that opens on 1/29 to 1/31for anything submitted for January. This will still be the February thread but it'll give us a chance to try this new approach with a 'quickie' beta. 

A few submissions and/or 'yays' or 'nays' should indicate ;)
#40 Edited by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay, I say!

My entry:

Linebeck & Link getting trashed at the Milk Bar.

Mediums: Traditional/Color.
Supplies: Mechanical pencil, printer paper, Photoshop.
Reasons For Choosing: 
  1. I actually finished it...
  2. It doesn't look too terrible, despite it only being flat colors.
  3. Drunk children are hilarious.
#41 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@M.S. Feather: yes, that was the hardest laugh I had this month :) 
just updated a little more and decided to add a 'most improved' category. Think that's an important poll to take.
#42 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, here's what I'd be submitting at this point in the game... 

Mediums: Digital/Color 
Supplies: Poser 2010, Photoshop 
Reasons For Choosing: 
  1. It was the hottest contest on Vine that I've been in
  2. I learned MAJOR new tricks in lighting and skin texturizing that is making all my newer work rock
  3. it was one of those personal 'tributes' to a character I got much respect for personally

#43 Posted by Constantine (16044 posts) - - Show Bio

sweet, good luck with such :D

#44 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

Man I walk away from the computer for a couple of hours and this topic goes popular. I'm glad more people are joining in . More fun in the end .

#45 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207 said:
" Man I walk away from the computer for a couple of hours and this topic goes popular. I'm glad more people are joining in . More fun in the end . "
your lucky if you can blink these days, much less walk, without the feeling of 'haze' :)
#46 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

My entry so far, corrupted Worra Linaf.
#47 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decoy Elite: whoa, that's one of the coolest you've pulled out of your hat my friend, I LOVE IT :) 
If your shooting for that original tag, you got a point already
#48 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis said:
" @Decoy Elite: whoa, that's one of the coolest you've pulled out of your hat my friend, I LOVE IT :) If your shooting for that original tag, you got a point already "
Thanks. It was pic for Noob Quest that I really  liked as well, so I couldn't help but use it here. :D
#49 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis:
Just to give you a little tease of what i have lanned. I just got back from Office Max with the HR scan of the pencils. I'm going to digiatly ink and paint it but since I have little practice on that it's good that I have till the end of next month. I told you the mud got the wheels in my head turning but pretty much this is after the fight. What would you want to do if you are all grungy and dirty and muddy from fighting Ms. Marvel. A shower ! But I didn't put my head that much in the gutter I went 5 mins after the shower. So I present early stages of my entry 

#50 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Raven0207: oh man, Skinimax wouldn't even be able to pull off my imagination in preview :)