• 62 results
#1 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

Mitt Romney said in the debate how he wants to get rid of PBS. So, I thought I'd make something to illustrate... =)

#2 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14596 posts) - - Show Bio

Bro fist

#3 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Hilariousness.

#4 Posted by Sufferthorn (1738 posts) - - Show Bio

#5 Posted by Jade1977 (600 posts) - - Show Bio

Who in their right mind would vote for this assclown?

#6 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jade1977 said:

Good question.

#7 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20174 posts) - - Show Bio

This is glorious.....absolutely glorious...

#8 Posted by ZZoMBiE13 (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Woah. Snuffleupagus is gonna be PISSED!

#9 Posted by ARMIV2 (8442 posts) - - Show Bio

That's awesome. Not the "Romney wanting to can PBS" thing, but this image.

#10 Posted by zackattack529 (1404 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

Blind brainwashed Republicans.

#11 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Lol

#13 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@Illuminatus:

Too Funny!

@WillPayton:

Love it! Well done and said!

Really? He's gonna fix the economy by getting rid of PBS? Try Gov overspending on a larger scale. Not the piddly crap.

What a duffus for even mentioning that in the debate. Now, not only does he get half the nation pissed at him for his earlier remarks but he just tacked on the parents that hadn't yet voted either way. )8 P

I guess you gotta start somewhere and he is ready to shoot Big Bird between the eyes even though he likes him. (shaking head in disbelief....)

#14 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@Illuminatus:

Too Funny!

@WillPayton:

Love it! Well done and said!

Really? He's gonna fix the economy by getting rid of PBS? Try Gov overspending on a larger scale. Not the piddly crap.

What a duffus for even mentioning that in the debate. Now, not only does he get half the nation pissed at him for his earlier remarks but he just tacked on the parents that hadn't yet voted either way. )8 P

I guess you gotta start somewhere and he is ready to shoot Big Bird between the eyes even though he likes him. (shaking head in disbelief....)

I know, he wants to spend $2 Trillion more on the military over 10 years. We already spend more than the next 9 countries combined. So, spend hundreds of billions of dollars more every year, but cut PBS and Planned Parenthood, programs that do good and help kids and the poor... hmm. They could fund PBS (and all of public television) for a year with the cost of one F-22 fighter.

#15 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jade1977 said:

just because he will stop funding PBS isn't a good reason not to vote for him...

#16 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

Yup, that kind of military spending and funding for wars was what got us in this mess in the first place, Now they expect Obama to fix and clear 8 years of debt with a snap of a finger. At least the spending hes doing is going mostly back into the country, not for military toys and war games. I don't necessarily agree with the healthcare reform but at least hes trying things that others were afraid of doing.

Fail or not, I am afraid of going back to a Bush minded government.

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Jade1977 said:

just because he will stop funding PBS isn't a good reason not to vote for him...

You are correct. Keep in mind that's not the reason, it's just a view into the kind of mentality he has for being president. This and many more reasons. This being the tip of the iceberg.

I am not pro democrat or republican. I just want somebody that will lead the country and understand the peoples needs. I think he is detached from what the majority of Americas viewpoint is on many points.

I live in Texas and saw what Bush did here as Governor and knew what he was going to do when he became president. Bush did not let me down, he made a big mess of the economy, granted, there were a few highlights and positives from his tenure but the mess he left behind is still evident.

Romney, unfortunately seems to come across as having a very personal agenda and it may not be for most of America as a whole. I'm not perfect and may be wrong but I have been right too. :P

#17 Posted by The Poet (8335 posts) - - Show Bio

cool but sad at the same time...

#18 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@WillPayton:

Yup, that kind of military spending and funding for wars was what got us in this mess in the first place, Now they expect Obama to fix and clear 8 years of debt with a snap of a finger. At least the spending hes doing is going mostly back into the country, not for military toys and war games. I don't necessarily agree with the healthcare reform but at least hes trying things that others were afraid of doing.

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Jade1977 said:

You are correct. Keep in mind that's not the reason, it's just a view into the kind of mentality he has for being president. This and many more reasons. This being the tip of the iceberg.

I am not pro democrat or republican. I just want somebody that will lead the country and understand the peoples needs. I think he is detached from what the majority of Americas viewpoint is on many points.

I live in Texas and saw what Bush did here as Governor and knew what he was going to do when he became president. Bush did not let me down, he made a big mess of the economy, granted, there were a few highlights and positives from his tenure but the mess he left behind is still evident.

Romney, unfortunately seems to come across as having a very personal agenda and it may not be for most of America as a whole. I'm not perfect and may be wrong but I have been right too. :P

I lived in Austin for 5 years. Now, every other time I meet someone and tell them I used to live in Texas I, literally, get "Texas, really?" So then I have to spend 5 minutes telling them how it was Austin and it's not that bad, etc, etc. Most people in Texas have an overly inflated sense of their state, but to the rest of the country it's sort of an embarrassment. Rick Perry holding mass prayer in stadiums to ask God for rain, or some judge saying how if Obama is re-elected there will be a civil war... it's just batshit crazy.

I'm also not a Democrat or Republican, but if I vote it will be Democrat. The only GOP candidate in the primaries this time around that I liked was Huntsman, who was an oddly reasonable and intelligent guy in what was otherwise a clown show. But, even if Huntsman had been the nominee, I'd still vote Obama. Voting GOP doesnt just mean you vote for the one dude, it means you're voting for an entire administration. That means you get all the Karl Roves and Grover Norquists that come with it and have the real money and power in the party. No thanks! Voting for Romney just means another 4 years of the same Bush crap... more warmongering, more trickle-down economics, more deregulation, more pushing religion into government. This is all the stuff that tanked our economy and caused the horrible atmosphere in Washington to begin with.

LOL... and dont get me started on the filibusters and how that's destroying the governments ability to get anything done. =)

#19 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@WillPayton:

@ChaosBlazer said:

@Jade1977 said:

personally I think he is definitely a little detached and he will not make very good social reforms or anything. But he is a businessman and I think he can get us into a better economic state overall.

#20 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer said:

personally I think he is definitely a little detached and he will not make very good social reforms or anything. But he is a businessman and I think he can get us into a better economic state overall.

He is a businessman, and no doubt good at what he did, but the mindset of someone who buys and breaks up companies for profit is not what you want for a commander in chief. There's that quote from Romney where he admits what they did was "harvest" companies for profit... just think about what that implies.

Second, Romney is coming in with a supply-side mentality, which is the platform of the Republican party. The only problem is that supply-side economics doesnt work. We've tried it, ever since Reagan started pushing it we've tried some sort of supply-side policy. That's why we have record low tax rates, and also why our economy tanked. Listen to what the Republicans say... they want "fewer" regulations. They dont want "better" or "smarter" regulations, just fewer. That logic leads you to "zero" regulations, it's the logical conclusion of the policy. And, what do we know about zero regulation? We know it's a freaking nightmare. Child labor abuse, monopolies, environmental destruction, workplace safety horrors like the Shirtwaiste factory fire... these are the things that unrestrained capitalism gave us. They're also why we now live in a better world, we learned and put in place laws that keep those with money from abusing the poor and the environment. If you really want to go back to the bad old days of the 19th century then by all means vote for Romney. Otherwise, think twice.

#21 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@ChaosBlazer: I don't know how old you are but I had the same expectations from a very successful business man Ross Perot. The moment he opened his mouth he sounded like a total fool and it sank his campaign. Then Trump tried his hand at it and failed by the things he said and also did not do. He harped on Obama's birth certificate crap. Whether or not valid, most of the nation has moved on from that, 4 years later....

Needless to say, Trump never prepared much of a platform on his vision for this country and no one took him seriously. Neither of these two candidates both businessmen have much humility and doubt they were ready to help the nation at hand.

Mitt?

May not be as bad in the way he presents himself and actually didn't look bad in the debate but behind the scenes the agenda will be about him, his rich buddies and his interests. Why is corporate America so wealthy on the top? Yes run it like a business but don't forget about the people in the middle and the ones on the bottom. Without including everyone this country will eventually fall on it's face. Doubt Romney will be the best match.

I learned long ago by watching my dad run large Hotels, not the little ones that are for the business travelers. The big ass ones that house several thousand guests at resorts. If a business is falling apart, particularly one like a Hotel business, you cannot run it without spending some money in the first place. No silverware glasses, towels plates, guest amenities, etc, your business gets a bad reputation and falls flat.

Essentially Obama spent a crazy amount of money on the economy to boost it. Many looked on with negative views and expected results within a manner of months. Like my Dad, his business took a year or so to go from brink of closing to being prosperous. He endured much crap from the nay sayers and criticizers but in the end my Dads plan worked. At least Obamas high spending has been for the country not for war toys and war games. Much borrowed from China and Brazil a bit from Russia, not fond of that but it's a reality.

BTW my Dad leans Republican, hehehe...

I feel if Bush got his second term to screw the economy then Obama should get his second term to prove himself. With one large Hotel it took my Dad a year or so. With Obama, a country will take at least 4 or more. Already the economy is showing signs of a turnaround. Jobless rate is starting to go down, Housing market is improving and the Car makers where the first to see their business bounce back as a result from the loan they got from the Government.

It's not a perfect system and not a Democrat or a Republican will get it all right, too much corruption involved on either end. All I am saying we have is, one of two choices and all I'm asking is give the man a chance to prove himself in his second term regardless if Obama was Republican, Democrat, black or white. Then if he fails the votes will swing back to the GOP. It's the way of our world. :)

#22 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: Good point about Perot, I remember that election. Also, Trump is a publicity-seeking slut. And you forgot about Herman Cain... yeah, lets vote for a successful businessman... that'll fix things. =)

Thanks for the story about your father. We live in a time where people forget that things take time, and we're bombarded with crap from the propaganda networks like Fox News telling us how if Obama didnt fix the economy yet then it's because he's incompetent. Hell, it was only like a month after Obama took office and they were already complaining that he hadnt fixed the economy yet... I'm not even exaggerating, it was either Hannity or O'Reilly... but I forget which.

People forget how bad the economy was when Obama took office... the stock market was heading straight down, Lehman Brothers went under, the real-estate market was melting down, General Motors was about to go bankrupt, we were losing 800,000 jobs per month, and we were not sure if we were about to go into another Great Depression. And, people have the nerve to say that Obama made things worse? I even remember hearing from a Republican friend of mine that "Obama caused the recession... it started on the day he took office". Yes, that's what he said. Now, you have to wonder where he got this from.

#23 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

Yeah they said the same about Clinton. Bush took over a bad economy from him. Rigggght, Clinton did operate this country as a business and things were pretty damn good overall for 8 years. Within the first few months when Bush started his first term, military spending ballooned and the economy began to falter. The only thing that they could pin on the man was a soiled blue dress. I believe your private life and business life are separate.

Granted the oval office was not the right place but hey, that's Hilary's and Bills business. I think Kenneth Starr later had a few problems of his own. If I'm thinking of the same Kenneth, what goes around comes around.

Herman Cain to me was pretty forgettable, his womanizing did him in. :P

It is weird how judgmental people get when there's no instant fix on an economy that was pushed to its breaking limits over 8 years. I guess sadly that is in part problematic of the society that's been created in which instant gratification is the only expected result. What I fail to see is a "mia culpa" from the Republican side on anything.

#24 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@WillPayton:

Yeah they said the same about Clinton. Bush took over a bad economy from him. Rigggght, Clinton did operate this country as a business and things were pretty damn good overall for 8 years. Within the first few months when Bush started his first term, military spending ballooned and the economy began to falter. The only thing that they could pin on the man was a soiled blue dress. I believe your private life and business life are separate.

Granted the oval office was not the right place but hey, that's Hilary's and Bills business. I think Kenneth Starr later had a few problems of his own. If I'm thinking of the same Kenneth, what goes around comes around.

Herman Cain to me was pretty forgettable, his womanizing did him in. :P

It is weird how judgmental people get when there's no instant fix on an economy that was pushed to its breaking limits over 8 years. I guess sadly that is in part problematic of the society that's been created in which instant gratification is the only expected result. What I fail to see is a "mia culpa" from the Republican side on anything.

You wont see it. Conceding that you were wrong is usually bad politics, except in certain occasions where you think it'll make you look "honest" and "in touch with the average person". Look at Romney and his "apology" for the 47% statement. The problem with Romney is that he's such a panderer that it's legitimately hard to know when he was being honest. Was he pandering to the crowd about the 47% being lazy irresponsible freeloaders,or is he pandering now? Well, this is the same guy that strapped a dog to the roof of his car for a long-distance car trip... so I dont believe his "I care about the regular people" bit.

Also, while there are moderate Republicans that will admit that Bush and supply-side economics failed, they are increasingly fewer. They are either being pushed out by the nutty Tea Party crowd or are voluntarily leaving politics because they cant take it any more. As the party becomes more and more extremist, dont expect any mia culpas, just more attacks, lying, and gridlock.

We'll see what happens when the "fiscal cliff" comes around to be settled. The whole thing makes me nervous. I dont want these fools playing chicken with the economy. They wont be paying the price if they f**ck everything up, we will. =(

#25 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

My friend who is a CPA is smart with numbers yet when it comes to his Republican views he gets bent out of shape. Badly! No matter were the Pied Piper takes them, (over an economic cliff) they will fight even if everything is collapsing due to their choice of candidate.

I agree that the extremists stay but some have actually started voting Democratic even though their favored party was Republican. There is no middle ground with them, Kinda Apple vs Samsung or Apple vs Microsoft. Many as u mentioned have strayed to the tea party.

I had a girl that I dated a couple of years ago stop dating me just because I didn't hate Obama, I wasn't pro Obama at the time but just the fact that I did not have a negative vengeance towards the man made her feel that what was good between us did not matter much. I think she did me a favor. :)

http://news.yahoo.com/officials-reject-conspiracies-unemployment-rate-070150404--finance.html

#26 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

My friend who is a CPA is smart with numbers yet when it comes to his Republican views he gets bent out of shape. Badly! No matter were the Pied Piper takes them, (over an economic cliff) they will fight even if everything is collapsing due to their choice of candidate.

Intelligence and common sense dont necessarily go hand in hand. I had a friend who is a computer chip engineer and otherwise not nutty or anything. He also believed 9/11 was a conspiracy because he saw some DVD about it. He thought the twin towers were "demolished" and that a missile hit the Pentagon, not an air liner. What can I say.

@RamsIllustrations said:

I had a girl that I dated a couple of years ago stop dating me just because I didn't hate Obama, I wasn't pro Obama at the time but just the fact that I did not have a negative vengeance towards the man made her feel that what was good between us did not matter much. I think she did me a favor. :)

Probably true. I actually didnt care much for Obama in the last election. My feelings were basically that he had little experience and his only demonstrated skill was speech-making. I thought he was getting a bit of a free pass to the top of the ticket because of charisma and because of the novelty of a black candidate. Also, he benefited from being "Not Bush". I like McCain, tons of experience, integrity, and a legitimate war hero. His biggest problem is that he's in the Republican party, and often has to pander. Then he chose Palin... wow, that showed some serious lack of judgement. He should have gone with his first choice of Lieberman, I'd respect that. But, anyway, Obama has proven himself IMO. People bitch about the economy, but it's actually much better than when he took office. Some people in Europe would kill for only 8% unemployment. He bailed out the auto companies, he made the right call on going after Bin Laden, he's stepped carefully around the mess in the Middle East without getting us into another ground war, he's gotten rid of the Dont Ask Dont Tell BS, and just generally the US is more respected in the world than when Bush was around. All those things are wins, so I'll take more of that if it was my choice.

#27 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

I fully agree that McCain was a good candidate. His life experience was a major plus for his viewpoint direction of the Presidency, even though he was Republican he had a good sense of what needed to be done, sadly Palin was a bad choice, looking back a lot worse than when she was running with him. But my vote would have gone with him with Lieberman. I think Trump/Palin would have been a hoot!

If Obama gets his second term I believe many things will start to unfold from what he started at the beginning of his term, also you know that there's going to be many pissed of individuals on the Republican side if he holds true to his direction. Sadly, people will forget as the economy hummms along and another Bush like individual with an eye for war will be elected. I am not against spending on the military, in our day and age with the Middle east being in the turmoil its in and the accumulated hatred towards the US it's a necessity.

What I think is lost is the lesson from Japan. Attacked us and paid dearly for it. Could have wasted their energy constantly attacking the US or it's citizens. Nope, they where smart, layed down their arms and started a war of economics and in the eighties almost bought America out through real estate. That only worked for a while and they lost a lotta mula over the years.

As it is we have for the most part a peaceful relationship with a deadly ex-enemy. You would think others would take a cue from history and make world peace the stage to work from. We all live on this planet and only a portion want to make it a sad place to live. I can go on but I think I need to stop. This is too funny, this was a forum for you art but became a catalyst for an economic political conversation, damn that Romney vs Big Bird! :P

#28 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

......why.......why would anyone do this!?!

#29 Posted by Necrotic_Lycanthrope (2388 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Because El Polo Loco costs too much nowadays.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

@Necrotic_Lycanthrope said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

Because El Polo Loco costs too much nowadays.

0.0 oh...oh lord...

#31 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

...side of taters and slaw with that order? :)

#32 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13011 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

...side of taters and slaw with that order? :)

why you sick fu........well.......sure, why not

#33 Edited by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio
challenge accepted
its on like dick cheney shooting someone in the face
cookie?
#34 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@theTimeStreamer:

Damn that look! .......get's me every time!

Milk?

I hear it buddy, it's the sound of the Republicans grumble with the latest economic statistics.

#35 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

That is morally wrong in soo many levels

#36 Posted by Onemoreposter (4032 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton said:

Mitt Romney said in the debate how he wants to get rid of PBS. So, I thought I'd make something to illustrate... =)

lol, I love the pic, but IMO it really don't look too much like Mitt. I see this more with a stylized title in red saying "Sesame Street in Sin City."

#37 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

People make fun of Romney too much. I can bet you guys are ignorant enough to think he has more than 1 wife.

#38 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this picture

#39 Posted by Twentyfive (2845 posts) - - Show Bio

Mitt has a good chance. He did very well in last week's debate. I would not be surprised if he wins, as he does stand a good chance.

But shutting down PBS? Jeez man. I grew up on that. Sesame Street, Reading Rainbow (which needs to come back to TV), and all that other stuff. Thanks to PBS, I knew how to count to ten, and I know all my letters.

#40 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1322 posts) - - Show Bio

The bird for the win man the big likeable bird act is a show there's one mean mother in there waiting to get out. Biggie curb stomps mitt.

#41 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000 said:

People make fun of Romney too much. I can bet you guys are ignorant enough to think he has more than 1 wife.

You are absolutely correct, ignorance is present on both sides of the political spectrum, Romneys religious beliefs never came into this discussion. Since, in my view as long as they do not play a role in pushing them on the American people, it's a non issue.

True, present day Mormons have distanced themselves from the practice of having more than one wife. It has been a practice that was abolished a long time ago by most present day practicing Mormons.

Big Birds diplomatic commentary on the Debate :P

Saturday Night Live: Weekend Update: Big Bird

By NBC| 1 video

#42 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: I'm a Mormon. I'm not directing insults at anybody, but it pisses me off that there is a stereotype that Mormons still practice polygamy.

#43 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000:

Yes but non of that was ever brought to this discussion. Yet you pointed a pointed finger at the people making comments on ignorance. It' s the same as if I had mentioned the Mormons practice polygamy.I would be ignorant for saying so but never crossed my mind and I am also are a little more informed and do not believe that they do.

Although I do not practice any faith since my early 20s, very disillusioned at what is out there, too many lies and mindless following, I myself do not judge anyone's faith until they try to push or ram it down my throat. As long as Romney doesn't do that, it's just his political views I am casting my watchful eye on.

I think that's fair, don't you? We all should have a right to our opinions without having to purposely offend each other. I make mistakes but try my best not to do so.

#44 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@logy5000:

Yes but non of that was ever brought to this discussion. Yet you pointed a pointed finger at the people making comments on ignorance. It' s the same as if I had mentioned the Mormons practice polygamy.I would be ignorant for saying so but never crossed my mind and I am also are a little more informed and do not believe that they do.

Although I do not practice any faith since my early 20s, very disillusioned at what is out there, too many lies and mindless following, I myself do not judge anyone's faith until they try to push or ram it down my throat. As long as Romney doesn't do that, it's just his political views I am casting my watchful eye on.

I think that's fair, don't you? We all should have a right to our opinions without having to purposely offend each other. I make mistakes but try my best not to do so.

Well Mormons do believe in letting others worship how, where, or what they may.

#45 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@logy5000:

That was not the point when you called out ignorance and made your statements. The point in all of this is you took issue with the remarks made towards Romney and brought in the Mormon faith into this. I just let you know that we all have our opinions, you and me included and your point wasn't valid within this forum about his faith since it never was brought up. I just wanted to point that out to you. ;)

Obama too has been the butt end of much ignorance as well as Bush Carter, Nixon and the list goes on. We may not like it (negative comments on our candidates) but that's just the way politics work.

#46 Posted by logy5000 (5734 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@logy5000:

That my was not the point when you called out ignorance and made your statements. The point in all of this is you took issue with the remarks made towards Romney and brought in the Mormon faith into this. I just let you know that we all have our opinions, you and me included and your point wasn't valid within this forum about his faith since it never was brought up. I just wanted to point that out to you. ;)

Obama too has been the butt end of much ignorance as well as Bush Carter, Nixon and the list goes on. We may not like it (negative comments on our candidates) but that's just the way politics work.

I did that to see if anyone would say "well he does," or "Mormons DO have more than 1 wife." I want to change the stereotype than haunts me.

#47 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6662 posts) - - Show Bio

wow lol

#48 Posted by WillPayton (9367 posts) - - Show Bio

I think polygamy is not relevant to this discussion, so we can move past that.

#49 Edited by RamsIllustrations (1035 posts) - - Show Bio

@WillPayton:

Fully agree, I think I addressed it and the point is mute. :P

What I think is "odd", is it's not about Romney but insecurity about the wrong perception of his beliefs that made him comment. doesn't help the GOP with supporters like this, hehehe. (8 O

#50 Posted by ChaosBlazer (3930 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: @WillPayton: Supply side economics have worked in the past.... Reagan and Obama both came into presidency during a pretty bad recession. Another thing to consider is Reagan had to deal with the problems of inflation when he came into his first term. I looked this up and the rates of inflation were around 12 percent when he took office; Obama had no inflation to worry about.

Prior to both getting into office, there were several quarters of negative growth under President Carter and President Bush respectively. The 1980's recession was longer and with lower debts and negative quarters as the 2008 one, but with much higher inflation rates and higher unemployment rates. It may be argued one recession was worse than the other, but both have unique aspects that made them recessions. using the misery index, which is a number based on unemployment and inflation rates, was much higher prior to Reagan than it was prior to Obama.

Reagan dropped unemployment, cut inflation by two thirds, and grew the economy much more so than President Obama did, looking at both of their first 3 years.

As we know, the most recent, and kinda on going recession was in large part caused by the housing bubble, created by those housing companies that were funded by the Federal reserve. The recession in the late 1970s to early 1980s was also caused by excessive government spending.

Reagans tactics were to cut tax rates for all income levels and cut back government spending. Obamas tactics were to increase taxes on those who create jobs, increase certain taxes, (such as Obamacare, which contains plenty of new taxes), and increased government spending and regulation, without proper analysis of the costs and benefits of his actions.

Reagan reduced taxes on capital and labor, two things needed to grow the economy and create jobs. Obama has done the opposite.He has increased taxes on interest, which will make responsible savers recieve much less money, and the incomes of those who create jobs.

I know that Obama's plan may be attempting a long-term return on money, but we don't have that time. We have a 16 trillion dollar debt, high unemployment rates, and irresponsible government spending. We need a president who can get his stuff together and pull us out of this recession.

Obama is basically employing Keynesian spending policies, which seem to remind me of a guy in the past named Jimmy Carter. If anyone here can convince me that Jimmy Carter is not among the worst presidents of all time, I will reconsider Obama's policies. But for now, Mitt is the businessman who, to me at least, seems the most likely to get America out of this financial crisis we are in. I don't want a repeat of Carter; and Obama's economic policies mirror his.

Mitt may not be a paragon of a president ,but I trust he can pull us out of this recession, and do alot better than Obama with this economic state we're in.