• 51 results
#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok, first off i'd like to say that i in now way own the imiges these sketches are based on.

if i see a comic cover or a splash page i like i try and duplicate it from memory, as such more of the time they end up a bit wonky or unfinished.

secondly, i don't own a scanner or any such fancy technology, my only access is a printer/copier at work and i'm not due in for another couple of day's, so you'll ahve to make do with photo's taken quickly on my digital camera :)

anyway, disclaimer out of the way on with the art :)

like this one, reminds me of my Gf, Kitty :)

ok, one thing you will probably notice about my drawings is... i'm absolutely useless at drawing faces, i've done a few studies to see if i can improve on this area... this one came out the best.

wooo, anyone else remember Chip & Dale: Rescue Rangers? used to live that show when i was a kid lol

Ok, an attempt at Powergirl without emphasizing her breasts as most artists do... success?

ok, my fave Gen13 character, freefall, and she looks like my first serious GF, always a bonus lol

ok, caught me, i was watching some sad tv shows and doodled this... just some random thing lol

Love Supergirl, pre crisis uniform was the best :) and check out that 80's hair lol

ok, haven't finished this one off yet, still needs a bit of inking and shading, and most importantly needs a face. probably why i've been putting off finishing it.

Ok, Supergirl #2, she has a face, not too satisfied with the hair though... michael turners art is a bitch to emulate. again still needs some shading and toning to finish it off.

Random doodle of Vampirella, fancied doing something dark, now i realise i'm not that good at dark pics lol

well, what else do you call a fox that wears that T-shirt? ;)

ok, this one i am actually proud off, one of my best i think :) probably the most painfull sketch i have ever inked in my entire life, horrible, took over two hour's just to ink the damn thing.

overall though, really happy with this one, something looks off with the shirt buttons but i can't place what it is... when i figure it out i might go back and change it :)

ok, thats my doodles out of the way, i'll keep posting new sketches here under this post so as not to clog the forum

M

#2 Posted by Captain Cascader (1284 posts) - - Show Bio

Supergirl #2 is my fav of the bunch with a nastalgia hooray for the rescue rangers love. You definitely seem to have a thing for thighs, which I dig as I'm a big Ms. Marvel Fan. I've gotta find my old sketchbook. I used to draw stuff from memory too. Do you ever mess with color stuff at all?

Staff
#3 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

heh, you noticed my 'thing' for superheroine legs did ya? lol

nah, not really done much colour work, i prefer to stick in Inks and pencils, just seems better to me that way :)

M

#4 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, you're incredible! I can't draw for buggery. I wish I could because I'd do something for my Walkingstone character. I'd love to see her as a sketch. Latin American but with green eyes, all in brown leather. Anyway, I love your pics! Thanks for sharing them. My fave is a toss up between Supergirl 2 and Powergirl. You did her the best I've ever seen, playing down her breasts.

#5 Posted by GL Bertron (3708 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work. I agree with the face being the hardest part to make look good. I like to shout out for the RR, I used to watch that show all the time as a kid.

#6 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

omg ur wicked good i wish i could draw like you but i like to draw but i kinda stink

#7 Posted by The WeatherMan (3214 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are really good. Im starting to practice drawing comics and stuff, im practicing emotions but only with a normal pencil. What else should i get to draw comics?

#8 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

very nice work methos

#9 Posted by Prodigal Son (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

methos, these should be cropped and touched up a little and added to the individual encyclopedia entry's galleries as fan line-art. I think they would be great additions to the site.

#10 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I agree, you should scan them and put them in fan-art folders.

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

awww thanks guys :)

i'm away for a couple of days and get all these replies :) make an old man blush lol

anyway, can't scan them as don't have a scanner :), thats why i used my old digital camera to take some quick piccies.

i do agree we should have a place on the site for fanart though... maybe i'll have a chat with RedL.A.M.P about it sometime :)

M

#12 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

I love the Supergirl one and I think you may have succeeded in making Power Girl not have exaggerated boobs. I remember doing this as a kid, just finding stuff to draw and then trying to replicate it as accurately as possible. Ah, those were the days.

#13 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The only word that can sum this up for me.................

WOW

#14 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

M, I didnt take the time to look at all the pics, but I did hear that you made a Powergirl with small.......you know.

I'm just gonna say for the record: YOUR EVIL

#15 Posted by Walkingstone (10723 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"M, I didnt take the time to look at all the pics, but I did hear that you made a Powergirl with small.......you know.I'm just gonna say for the record: YOUR EVIL"

It's a brilliant picture actually. Refreshing to see someone who actually appreciates a properly proportioned woman

#16 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Look, its well drawn, but why do women have a problem with big breast? Its who she is, its part of her character. Your descremanateing(i know thats not spelled right) against women with big.....you know. You dont hear guy's crying because all hero's are ripped or musclcular, comic characters are supposed to be exagerated.

#17 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"Look, its well drawn, but why do women have a problem with big breast? Its who she is, its part of her character. Your descremanateing(i know thats not spelled right) against women with big.....you know. You dont hear guy's crying because all hero's are ripped or musclcular, comic characters are supposed to be exagerated."

I think the reason why (most) women always complain about the out of porportion "body parts" is that men in comics have slightly different physical builds where as women have always had the same body: Large bosoms, thin hips and long legs.
Post Edited:2007-04-06 09:59:28

#18 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Really? Most comic book characters are good looking. With million dollar bodys, I really dont want to ruin Metho's thread though, so I'll just say when we start getting politicaly correct about comic characters, were all in trouble.

#19 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Gambler says:

"M, I didnt take the time to look at all the pics, but I did hear that you made a Powergirl with small.......you know. I'm just gonna say for the record: YOUR EVIL"

roflol, i wanted to do a powergirl and try and make her sexy without givving her too much 'assets'.

Powergirl is one of my fave characters, i just wanted to try and sketch her, didn't really come out very well... might try something else with her in future.

M

#20 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

:) just trying to keep it real, if you draw here with small assets(for the women), then you should also draw her with bigger assets (for the men)

#21 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Post Deleted.

#22 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Her boobs are the size of a small child. I'm just a simple man, I like beer, and big............assets :) Powergirl may be beautiful I couldnt tell ya, never seen her face before :)

#23 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The sketch is still big, it's just that they're not squished together like most artists draw them on her.

#24 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, thats what I'm talking about.

#25 Posted by Ciatly (10 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible..

#26 Posted by CanadianWolverine (417 posts) - - Show Bio

Excellent drawings!

Do you pencil then pen or do you use the light pencil then dark?

I'm actually pretty envious, my drawing is always much more cartoony than comic like.

#27 Posted by Nameless one (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos quick question

Are all the women u draw hot or were you just having a good day?

WOW NICE SKETCHES!

#28 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

CanadianWolverine says:

"Excellent drawings! Do you pencil then pen or do you use the light pencil then dark? I'm actually pretty envious, my drawing is always much more cartoony than comic like."

yeah i pencil, then go over in pigmant ink to get a pure black finish... that way you dont have 'pen lines' like you do if you use a biro or the like...

Nameless one says:

"Methos quick questionAre all the women u draw hot or were you just having a good day?WOW NICE SKETCHES!"

i draw the characters i like... Supergirl, Powergirl and Zatanna are just a few of my faves... also included in that list is Jade, Black Canary and Batgirl (Bab's)

glad everyone likes the drawings... i'll update some more when i get a chance to do some more drawing... maybe someday hopes, sigh

M

#29 Posted by G-Man (34037 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump. haha

Staff
#30 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

oh cheers lol

M

#31 Posted by Boken (7756 posts) - - Show Bio

methos you ten times better than me.

#32 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice stuff man. I like boobies too. One of my weaknesses.

Or should I say two...?
Post Edited:2007-05-13 02:35:40

#33 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

boken says:

"methos you ten times better than me."

whoah thanks :)

make an old man blush lol

M

#34 Posted by Iori Yagami (98 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice work! The girl in the top hat is excellent, and you draw a fine Supergirl too. Impressive.

#35 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

whoah thanks

i've done a few more since then, net chance i get i'll upload them

M

#36 Posted by Son of Kal-el (51 posts) - - Show Bio

anime comics...not my style, but then again i dont really have a style...... but i still like them!

#37 Posted by Satyrquaze (4542 posts) - - Show Bio

That's some great stuff!

It makes me want to scan my work as well.

#38 Posted by Cryo-Wolf (12662 posts) - - Show Bio

damn....I wish i could draw like you. I liked the one that looks like Sally Acorn.

#39 Posted by Zaraki Ichigo (6476 posts) - - Show Bio

I laughed really loud when I saw that second pic of PG. That was hillarious.

#40 Posted by Valkaad (2589 posts) - - Show Bio

You really are talented!!!

#41 Posted by jesterpress (21 posts) - - Show Bio

cool zatanna!

#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

thanks...

haven't seen this thread in a while lol

welcome to the site

M

#43 Posted by Eternal Chaos (22990 posts) - - Show Bio

Great work Methos!

#44 Posted by vegeta (4902 posts) - - Show Bio

damn good work

#45 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

I like.

#46 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome work man! Your Power Girl sketches made me laugh.

#47 Posted by Fantasma Ghost (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Work, honest, keep working hard and sending the sketches!

#48 Posted by Kiara_Sullivan (30075 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok thats it. Methos is too Talented... We must kill him... clears throat I mean great Job Methos.

#49 Posted by endlesone (97 posts) - - Show Bio

i envy the way you draw women

#50 Posted by EGoD (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool Beans, lol, always wanted to say that :)) I was gonna make a Michael Turner comment but you beat me to it, ha ha.