This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Gambitenergy (1 posts) - - Show Bio

<insert plagiarized image claiming as my own here>

#2 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really wicked! =)
#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6133 posts) - - Show Bio

*Jaw drops* Amazing

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8149 posts) - - Show Bio

That's really good!

#5 Posted by Blizaga101 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy: that is epic, but i think you forgot to colour one of his toes lol, but still really well done. the expression is amazing

#6 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

This is amazing !!

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (80657 posts) - - Show Bio

Really good!

#8 Posted by crestfallen (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Incredible Hulk drawing! ;)

#9 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@DomDom: @BlackArmor: @sora_thekey: @Blizaga101: @maxicere: @PowerHerc: @crestfallen:

Just so you guys and gals know, the above drawing was done by famed Marvel artist Kevin Nowlan in case you where not aware of that. That's why its so cool.

The bad coloring where the toe wasn't colored in was probably done by emptytomb. Not the first time he posts a piece of art by another artist. He doesn't take credit for it but also does not give credit due to the original artist. Usually runs it through photoshop and plays with the settings to make it look like he inked it or adds colors to see if we here on the Vine approve.

If you have gotten nasty messages from different posters, it's just him trolling. He has assumed several personalities by opening new profile accounts and most Viners wont notice him but some like myself. tonis, rocketpig and others have gotten some very laughable emails, which I guess are intended to insult but we just don't pay much mind to it.

If an artists posts a piece and doesn't write anything or does not take credit for the art but is hoping you assume its by the poster, it's probably him.

Here is an actual Kevin Nolan drawing...

#10 Posted by Blizaga101 (898 posts) - - Show Bio

@DavidR: ah thanks for the info David, sorta dissapointed. Ack well :P

#11 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@DavidR: ah thanks for the info David, sorta dissapointed. Ack well :P

The great thing is that Kevin Nolan's art is awesome!!! : P

That's why I recognized it coz I'm a big fan of his style! I believe in giving credit where credit is due. : )

#12 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

The art in the first post doesn't look anything like Kevin Nolan's work. There are definitive style and skill differences here. I'm not refuting what @DavidR is trying to point out, I just don't think this dude is copping Nolan's work here.

#13 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Press Oblivion said:

The art in the first post doesn't look anything like Kevin Nolan's work. There are definitive style and skill differences here. I'm not refuting what @DavidR is trying to point out, I just don't think this dude is copping Nolan's work here.

I have seen that piece before but could not find it in my online search at the moment. Just grew up with Nowlan's work. If anything it was slightly altered through Photoshop. Also take note almost every artist on here writes something and anybody reaching the skill level above usually wants an opinion. The last time empty tomb did this was with Gene Colans art after he died a few months ago.

The face style and look and anatomy of shoulders and hands is classic Nowlan. Not anyone elses. If I come across this piece again I will post it in it's original form

I rarely post an opinion I cannot back up and should have found the original first. Thought you would see the similarities by posting a different piece since Kevin's work is very distinct.

#14 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else notice Cyclops in the backround?

#15 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy:

Hey there tomb, hows it goin'? Same as always I see. A pro wouldn't respond like that. Hehehe.

"you sound weird" A teen maybe, and if so, what a uber talented one at that! : P

Sooo, that second piece that you posted is supposed to match with the same artist as the first piece? Second one is by a known professional that works with Ed Benes studios. My you are so generous to grace our community as a Pro and not be kind enough to address us with your words of wisdom.

http://www.comiconart.com/MarcioAbreu.html

Marcio Abreu

The skill and confidence evident in the beautiful line work of Marcio Abreu hints at a true talent in-the-making, and certainly makes Marcio an artist to keep an eye on in the months and years ahead. Marcio's professional credits include Grimm Fairy Tales, Charmed, and a number of creator-owned projects.

#16 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy: hmm, so lets make sure we got things straight then, are you saying you are Marcio Abreu? What exactly is the story behind whatever your posting here? Did you draw it? ink? color? Any explanation is certainly gonna fly better than none as to what and why your posting it.

There's nothing wrong with putting up a picture and saying hey, I colored someones work and here it is. But just posting with no explanation something that is clearly someone else's drawing is both fishy and kind of lame.

Considering the massive amount of aggravation many on here have had with the senseless and immature EmptyTomb trolling, it's understandable that some will be suspicious. This is exactly what he would constantly do, post other peoples work with no explanation.

#17 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@protect_yourself said:

@tonis: you gotta admitt these are good.

agree, only question is who did what? The drawings themselves are very good ;)

@Gambitenergy said:

@tonis: Hey your not the boss of me now.

not interested in being anyones boss, just making a suggestion on presentation and approach. Your welcome to go about it any way you want. If it's like this though with no explanation behind it and your using other peoples work then expect people to call you out on it.

It's really not that tough to just say you colored it and let people appreciate that skill.

#18 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy said:

@DavidR:

The signature is on there, its obivious on the second picture. You haven't pointed anything no one knew.

You surely are a deranged man and a rude person who made wrote a bunch of lies. I'm still waiting for you to back up the first lie you said about my first picture. Till than you are just a troll.

Not only did he write a bunch of lies but he didn't even delete afterwards when he couldn't prove what he said.

One has to question of all the other users why would he single mine out as pictures stolen though he has no proof about his bunch of lies. Again the signature is there and you haven't pointed anything out to people.

I don't even see his recent drawings but somehow he decided to pop out of no where to make people believe his lies.

Hey there tomb, u sure do write like tomb. I do not mess or bother anyone but you! This is a peaceful community and you should quit harassing innocent Viners on here that I won't mention by name. Since you are PMing them with insulting messages.

You have done this several times and I point it out because it is not your art and you want people to assume that it is. You did mention in your last response "My first picture" It's not yours and you aren't Marcio Abreu either. You act the same way every time and you express yourself the same way. The pattern of expressing yourself is poor, writing and spelling is not your strong point and neither is art and you yourself are not a nice person.

Regardless of what you say. I have dealt with your insolence for over a year and amazed at how much you want to be accepted in this community. Try and be more positive to the ones around you and you may see a difference.

I know how to bring you out and have done it several times, regardless of the name or profile you create. You keep posting work without anything attached to it, or explanation as to why you posted it, then get pissed because I know its you. Say what you will, I will see you on here.

I won't continue to respond or care to, to all your idiot messages that you send to my PM box under different names. What you want is for us to give you credit for something that is someone else's hard work and they should receive the credit for it.

Not once did you post that it wasn't your art. Yet I can see the same poor boring color combination you use to destroy someone else's work. Be a man and say, hey this is not my art but what do you think of my colors or inks?

You did the identical thing with Gene Colans work a while back and came back with the same excuse that it wasn't yours and we should have known it by the signature and got you banned again. Then you try and turn me into the bad guy. I know of your other current new profiles that you have created and am aware of what you are trying. So far you are being cordial through them but I know it's you. Sorry bud I'm not stupid and can tell.

Also, I never said you stole the picture, I said you posted it for others to assume it was your own. Never crediting the original artist. Yes you did post the second one on purpose with the signature on it but not once did you mention who the artist was and why you posted it, or respond to what my point was. It's the same thing you do, over and over.

I am not gonna bother to respond anymore to this blog since you have made it obvious who it is to me and I hope other members realize this is you. I have been right every time so far.

I know you will come back with your silly rants, but as before I am done here.

You are the most negative hard headed jerk that I have come across on the web and wish you luck in life coz you are gonna need it. ; )

Trust me, if I am wrong I will be the very first to apologize, I respect all fellow Viners and their efforts, except you!

#19 Posted by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy: Blah, blah, blah, I'm not emptytomb, blah, blah blah... The more you write the more obvious it is... Duuh! : P

#20 Posted by madrid_san (1805 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome drawings. But if it is not yours, than what is the point? I would feel ashamed of myself posting work that isn't mine. i don't know, that's just how I see it.

#21 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambitenergy said:

Where have you all the sudden got the idea that I didn't color or draw this though you have no proof.

You are not Mr. Abreu and if you continue to suggest that you are I'll alert the mods to this thread.
#22 Posted by Larkin1388 (1760 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Nice burn lol...

#23 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy: ok, so we get everything straight here then, then you are saying you are Marcio Abreu and this is your drawing that you colored?

What exactly is the deal that you seem to prefer dancing around rather than explaining? No one's trolling you, they're seeing a professionals work being posted and are asking why you are posting it with no explanation as to what it is.

A real artist would offer details on their work, and would certainly credit anyone else on the work they did to a piece.

If you don't wanna do that, well I guess you should expect reactions like this and that no one would believe it's actually yours.

#24 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambitenergy said:

@M.S. Feather: that drawing you posted wasn't even colored by me so I don't know what you are trying to prove that Its colored different.

Hahahahahahhahahahahahha, you are so right! For once you are right! You wish you could color at that level. You missed a toe on the first post, I do believe that was the level of your pro skills!!!

Hahahahahahhahaha!!! Thanks man, that was the best laugh I have gotten all day. You are a riot I tell ya!

Nyuk, Nyuk!!! Wiseguy heey?!!!! Why cointenly! (8 P

#25 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@riseaboveall: there's no doubt you've got a problem, but it's not with anyone on comicvine.

You've got issues dude, some serious ones to go on and on over some of the stupidest things to make issues about. You CLEARLY want affirmation from the art community here but you put more effort in being an insulting prick than you do in anything you submit. Plus you keep using other peoples drawings and posting them without explanations only to wonder why people call that out.

I realize the mods here can't really do much to stop your cancerous attitude but now that you've decided to start posting on artists personal websites masking yourself as me and other viners I can promise you that your internet experience is going to get REAL unpleasant my friend.

If your smart you'll crawl back in your hole and learn to shut up, but if you don't and you wanna keep this up, you are gonna get found buddy, consider that a guarantee ;)

#26 Posted by Shatterstar (4513 posts) - - Show Bio

So yea, just to compare notes with anyone else running into this guy on other sites - his IP is 72.81.236.197 Ashland, VA aka...

emptytomb/gambitenergy/uproartake/thosissuperior/sourmouthvoid/terriblemenace/danielsmith/warmachinepower/etc -

So if you're reading this, guy in Ashland, VA- you're not welcome here, stop coming back.

#27 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shatterstar: much thanks my friend, and no surprise on that info, it matches with everything I've found so far ;)

#28 Posted by Fennewalde (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Guys, as entertaining as this is, I would like to point out some observations:

1. This person has held a conversation with themselves using multiple accounts.

2. Has no concept of copyright infringement, artistic dishonesty, plagiarism, ownership, or ethics in general (information processing)

3. Is in complete denial (restrictive behavior)

4. Attacks other artists and is generally disliked for it, yet continues to seek acceptance from said artists (sensory abnormality)

5. Socially awkward

6. Repeats the same pattern of art posting in a seemingly habitual way. (compulsive behavior) (sameness)

These patterns of behavior show parallels to social underdevelopment and possibly mental retardation. This is not a joke. Autism, by definition, is characterized by impaired social interaction and communication, and by restricted and repetitive behavior.

This person obviously enjoys art, enjoys this website, and will continue to post here no matter what we all say. Let's just leave he/she be as I suspect the user is most likely diagnosed as a high-functioning autistic artist. (I have actually had a terrible experience trolling another artist on DeviantArt who displayed the same patterns as this comicvine user and it turned out the guy really was autistic, and everyone felt bad, and we all lost. Lets not have a repeat performance here)

#29 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fennewalde: that's easy to say, but hard to ignore when he goes on other websites using your handle and saying he's you as he spouts insults at talented artists. At least 5 artists on here have asked me why I posted such vile insulting statements on their sites.

Regardless of the reasons for the behaviour there's a point where sympathy and sanity have to meet and I'm done tolerating it. As I said, I don't expect comic vine to address this, but as long as he chooses to keep telling people he's tonis at comic vine elsewhere he's gonna get dealt with by me personally.

I don't expect IP banning to work anyway, this cancer needs removing at it's source and that's where I'm heading to fix it.

#30 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fennewalde: Did your DA guy impersonate you and your friends on other sites to damage your reputations?  Or send you sickeningly obsene and sexist PMs?

Even if this guy does suffer a form of mental disability, while sad, doesn't excuse his actions.  I don't mean to sound cold but it's true.  The rules apply to everyone here just as the laws outside of the net apply to every man and woman, no matter their mental state.
#31 Posted by Fennewalde (181 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh i've gotten some nice private messages from this guy using his other accounts. I'm sure they were as good as the ones you received. If he's impersonating me on other websites, i have yet to hear about it, nor do i really care if he chooses to do so (as i'm kinda trolly anyways. Free reputation is a good thing in my book).

And none of this would've started if you'd have just been nicer to him. In other words, the causation of his actions are rooted in the way you treated him. His actions are not unprovoked. It's retaliation.

As for rules applying to every man and woman no matter their mental state: Insanity Plea anyone? Mentally unstable citizens are exempt from worse crimes then impersonation because they fail to see their actions as wrong. This is upheld by the United States Supreme Court.

I'm not trying to be the bad guy here. He is clearly ripping other artists. He just doesn't know the difference.

Have an open mind about this.

#32 Edited by DavidR (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fennewalde:

He has continually pestered us with obscene language and derogatory comments on our PM's most of us have ignored him. We actually laugh about it between ourselves and are not bothered to reply.

My only issue other than his mental stability and immaturity and the rude comments directed at the women on the Vine, is that the artists he wants to post work from and make it his own, are not here to speak for themselves.

I can contact them because it's not hard to find a way on the web but don't feel that at this level of silliness it's worth bothering them.That is why I bring him out.

The young and new artists on the Vine actually take it to heart that when somebody posts art it belongs to the poster unless if the poster adds credit to the artist that the art belongs to.

I do agree that he definitely has mental issues and needs to seek counseling. I have been around long enough that regardless of what he writes it just cant bother me when it's coming from a pea brain like him. : )

...and yes he is using my name to cut other artists down too.

Also, an open discussion like this does not help, that is why we PM each other, all this creates is more fodder for him. I can tell you that if he pestered you long enough that you would eventually react to it. It is only a matter of time. : )

#33 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fennewalde: I totally respect you as an artist and won't disagree on the compassionate considerations but like I said, I'm done with this dude. Regardless of mental state, he better find another outlet for his frustrations cause this one here is done being the target.

I wish it was as easy as saying 'awww we weren't nice to him' and THAT's why he acts like this, but that wasn't the case. Whatever problems this dude has is his own to deal with at this point and it'd be wise he go deal with it without pissing anyone else off on vine. If he chooses to keep it up he's got no one to blame but himself when someone finally punches back.

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@Fennewalde: Your comments seem to indicate that somehow his actions are "our fault". I disagree.

I'm tempted to go into detail regarding my personal work experiences as a former health care worker but know some of your observations may be valid but conversely, the majority really don't apply to him. He is not mentally retarded. Socially retarded, yes.

I think it safe to say that while some of us, especially myself, have engaged in arguments and conversations that have indeed been frustrating, it hasn't been enough for anyone to engender some type of retaliatory behavior on our parts. We know better.

All of our discussions right now are simply adding fuel to his fire and I think it would be great if this asinine thread got locked by a Mod.

#35 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fennewalde: People who go the route of the insanity plea still usually get removed from society or are put on medications/supervised.  Obviously the latter don't apply online but sites do have the power to ban people and keep them out of their community if they prove to be a menace.

As for users being short with him, you have to understand that he's been coming here for years and people are justifiably tired of dealing with him.
#36 Posted by Fennewalde (181 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

As for users being short with him, you have to understand that he's been coming here for years and people are justifiably tired of dealing with him.

I know. Though i don't post much, I've been here longer than most users (including you) =)

I would agree that this thread should be locked as it's gotten rather off track from the 'art' posted.

#37 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@DavidR said:

@Gambitenergy: Blah, blah, blah, I'm not emptytomb, blah, blah blah... The more you write the more obvious it is... Duuh! : P

So true. I received A message from him which made me laugh. You can tell by the way he writes. Funny stuff.

#38 Posted by Hawkeye446 (3940 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis said:

@Fennewalde: that's easy to say, but hard to ignore when he goes on other websites using your handle and saying he's you as he spouts insults at talented artists. At least 5 artists on here have asked me why I posted such vile insulting statements on their sites.

Regardless of the reasons for the behaviour there's a point where sympathy and sanity have to meet and I'm done tolerating it. As I said, I don't expect comic vine to address this, but as long as he chooses to keep telling people he's tonis at comic vine elsewhere he's gonna get dealt with by me personally.

I don't expect IP banning to work anyway, this cancer needs removing at it's source and that's where I'm heading to fix it.

Awwwwwww! That is really bad, sorry tonis :(

#39 Posted by Edgeworth_11 (4656 posts) - - Show Bio

What can we do? even if a mod bans him, like they have already I am sure, he will be back and this cycle will continue. how can we actually rid this site of this non-sense for good?