No Caption Provided

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Manchine

No Comments about how good or bad its is?

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Manchine

@dondave said:

Nice

Thanks as soon as it gets on INDY PLANET I will post a preview but until then might as well wait until people can actually get the comic. =) It gonna take until November 22nd before I get my hands on a physical copy. Takes 4 weeks to order 100 of them.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad
deactivated-5ee15da0e0aad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Neat.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Manchine

Thanks @rulerofthisuniverse and @scorpion2501

I plan on having 3 issues to tell the story of the creation of the GDF. With those 3 issue have all 5 members showcased on the last page like this. I hired someone to draw this he does good work.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Manchine

Just wished Ka-Blam (link) would hurry up and print the comics. =)

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

@manchine: This is really cool. I wish me and the two other writers I'm working with were at this stage of the process.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

#11  Edited By TheManInTheShoe
Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: This is really cool. I wish me and the two other writers I'm working with were at this stage of the process.

@rulerofthisuniverse

Trust me its a process. Writing down the initial draft of the story was actually pretty easy for me. I was able to do it at my work. Heck I wrote up to issue 6. Working on issue 7 right now. Typing out the rough draft on the computer now is a pain. I thought it would take me at most an hour (I thought I would correct or change to much stuff). Boy was I wrong. Takes me a good 6 to 8 hours to type up a story. At least for the 2 issues I have done.

Issue 1 was 4500 words long not as much action because there was more story telling needed. Issue 2 now has a lot more action and only has 3500 words. The person who drew it said the first issue reminds him of The Greatest American Hero feel of it. At least while the main character gets use to his powers.

RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@manchine: For me, the hardest part of it is just getting myself to write. I use my iPad for all my typing, so with a simple tap I can access the internet or comic books or games, so it's just hard to get myself to sit down and write for a bit. Then I write it, go use the internet or read comics or whatever, come back to it, and realize there's a million things I could make better. Rinse and repeat. The final product is usually pretty good (in my opinion, at least), but it takes a while. I've Re-written my first issue at least a dozen times one, and I'm still working on it.

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Manchine

@rulerofthisuniverse I had a webcomic so I pretty much knew which way I was going to go when I was making the real comic. Thanks to that that made me understand how to write comics. You have to tell what is in each panel if its important. Working in tandem with your artist is important. Listening to an idea they might have for a page to make it look better is also good to. A couple of my pages got changed due to ideas they had.

The hardest part is for writing is getting myself into character. I have 5 characters on the team, only 3 of them are main characters though. When I am at work seems to be the only time I can get into character (its something about forcing me to concentrate when I have down time).

I also have a Friend working on another comic (I don't know him personally we talk all the time). His first comic is due out soon also. Inner Beings Link

Manchine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Manchine