Looking for an Artist to Collaborate With

hugocesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By hugocesar

Hey everyone, I know this may come off as strange for being one of my first posts on ComicVine (GB member), but I'm looking for an artist to work with. I'm not sure if this is the correct place to ask, but I noticed that there are a lot of talented folks here, so why not.

The work is for the final project in my Story in Graphic Forms class. I have to write a 22 pg. script, though only the first 6 pages have to be drawn and inked (traditional or digital).

I will pay for the work.

The pitch for the comic is: A ten year old boy looks up to a luchador (wrestler) only to discover that the luchador is part of a larger organization that fights crime.

Please let me know if you're interested, and again, sorry if this isn't the correct space to ask.

Thanks.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#2  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

Would help if I could - I will bump this though, and wish you the best of luck :)

WASmiley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By WASmiley

@h_leon:

How good of an artist are you looking for? I haven't posted anything on here (I'm not the best nor worst) but it sounds interesting.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When's it due and how much is the pay?

hugocesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Would help if I could - I will bump this though, and wish you the best of luck :)

Thanks!

@wasmiley said:

@h_leon:

How good of an artist are you looking for? I haven't posted anything on here (I'm not the best nor worst) but it sounds interesting.

Terrible, I suppose. I think I'm decent at environments, but otherwise I recognize my limits. If I really try, I could maybe get a C for the final, but I'd rather work with somebody that's brilliant at their craft.

@armiv2 said:

When's it due and how much is the pay?

So, this is my first time working on a comic (with an artist as well), and right now I'm thinking $50 per page. It's 6 pages, so $300. I know that's nothing amazing, but I am a working student at the end of the day. The price can be worked out if it's too low, in addition I'm willing to help with the artist's supplies if need be (if he or she needs the proper paper, pencils or ink).

It'll be due on May 17.

I don't have a script yet, but I'm going to start working on it this weekend. I just wanted to make sure that I could find and secure an artist to work with early on.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h_leon: Well, you've definitely got my attention and interest.

hugocesar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armiv2: Awesome! I was looking at your work and I think it's really fantastic. If you'd like, I can PM you what I have in mind for the first panel or two for starters (in addition to the overview of the story) over the weekend, and if you're still interested we can work from there.

ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@h_leon said:

@armiv2: Awesome! I was looking at your work and I think it's really fantastic. If you'd like, I can PM you what I have in mind for the first panel or two for starters (in addition to the overview of the story) over the weekend, and if you're still interested we can work from there.

That sounds like a plan to me!