Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Gambit1024

No Caption Provided
Just finished this. Personally the best I've ever drawn him without looking at a reference, imo
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024: no reference, impressive. Very nice free flow Gambit
TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#3  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Nice! I like how the repulsor lights look :D

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Gambit1024
@tonis:
Thanks! Yesterday's Torch was the first thing I've drawn up in a little while, so I decided that I gotta step my game up, ya know? 

@War Killer: Thanks:D
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#5  Edited By TypingKira

I'm super jealous! Your rendering is great, could you do a tutorial on those lights? 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Decept-O
@Gambit1024:
Looks great!
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By soundbite

I think the lights overpower it myself.  I would have liked to see more of Iron Man and less of a blurr, but it does look really good.  I just think the lights take away from the overall composition by being so prominent.
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gambit1024
@TypingKira: The lights are super easy! I use a program called Autodesk Sketch Pro (basically a dumbed down verion of Corell Painter X) and after you draw your image, color in lightly the spots you want litten up in the hue you want. In this case it was light blue. Then, proceed to color the rest of the image how you'd like.  After that, use the airbrush tool, set it to white, and go over the light blue spots and the small spaces around it to give it a glowing effect. The white also makes the light stand out. Hope that wasn't too confusing to follow -_- 

@Decept-O: Thanks! 

@soundbite: Thanks for the criticism :). The reasoning behind the blur is because I wanted to make it seem that Iron Man was in mid flight (hence the light streaks also). I agree, I went a tad overboard with the lights, but I had just learned to master them and I basically wanted to show it off :P
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Gambit1024
@TypingKira: The lights are super easy! I use a program called Autodesk Sketch Pro (basically a dumbed down verion of Corell Painter X) and after you draw your image, color in lightly the spots you want litten up in the hue you want. In this case it was light blue. Then, proceed to color the rest of the image how you'd like.  After that, use the airbrush tool, set it to white, and go over the light blue spots and the small spaces around it to give it a glowing effect. The white also makes the Image stand out. Hope that wasn't too confusing to follow      -_- 

@Decept-O: Thanks! 

@soundbite: Thanks for the criticism :). The reasoning behind the blur is because I wanted to make it seem that Iron Man was in mid flight (hence the light streaks also). I agree, I went a tad overboard with the lights, but I had just learned to master them and I basically wanted to show it off :P
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By soundbite
@Gambit1024 said:
@soundbite: Thanks for the criticism :). The reasoning behind the blur is because I wanted to make it seem that Iron Man was in mid flight (hence the light streaks also). I agree, I went a tad overboard with the lights, but I had just learned to master them and I basically wanted to show it off :P "

Oh, I completely understand.  I was just giving advice to take it from an A to an A+.
TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By TypingKira

THere's an airbrushed quality to it, it's great. Thanks for the tips! He really does look like he's moving. 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Gambit1024
@TypingKira: Thanks :)
JamesWest007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By JamesWest007

I know nothing about art but this is class A material. I can't wait to see more. 

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gambit1024
@JamesWest007: Thanks man :) 

I'm working on a new one as we speak. Something a little more... American ;)
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By tonis
@Gambit1024 said:
" @JamesWest007: Thanks man :)  I'm working on a new one as we speak. Something a little more... American ;) "
lol, if that were a quest hint I bet I'd get it first shot :) 
anxious now 2 c