Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I drew this one for my friend, Erik, while he was visiting for the NYCC show this year. I was honored to be the first to draw in his Ninja Turtles sketchbook, which he has reserved for getting artist renditions of the Turtles.

Here I'm not really featuring a particular Turtle but going with a little bit of a redesign, changing the Domino mask to something more of a gangland bandana. This was mostly done because I'm not really into the Turtles stuff and I couldn't identify them by color code or choice of weapon so I just made shit up. I'm working on a color version, I should have the up soon.

I think that it came out OK though. Thanks for lookin'

- EJ

#1 Posted by SoA (5129 posts) - - Show Bio

im actually trying to get into the IDW series , havent really "followed" the tutles since early 90s saturday mornings (never you mind how old i am) but i am really liking the design , the weapons , pose even the look on your turtle's face shows a lot of expression , the bandana was a good choice and the sash was a nice touch , the scars on his chest was cool too. overall can't wait to see finished colored version , great job!

#2 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

@SoA: Thank you :D

I used to watch those shows too. . . actually they were the late 80's ones LOL

Thanks again for the comment.

#3 Posted by SoA (5129 posts) - - Show Bio

actually read up the show went from 1987 -96 , had no idea it went on that long lol , but back on topic you are welcome lol

#4 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Ah, I thought we were talking about 2 different series. I remember the pilot episode airing in 87. I would go to school singing the theme song and the other kids would make fun of me. :D

#5 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is some progress on the color work.

#6 Posted by nszerdy (439 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweetness!

#7 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for commenting, I was losing faith. :)