Illustrations of Thor by Steven Butler

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#1  Edited By Decept-O

This is a great piece of art featuring Thor I commissioned from Steven Butler. This was a piece he did for me as a birthday gift for one of my brothers, as he is a huge fan of Thor.

Mr. Butler is a great guy and wonderful artist. He worked on several titles in the past, namely Badger from First and he also illustrated Silver Sable as well as Spider-Man for Marvel several years ago.

He is currently working on John Aman the Amazing Man and another pending comic from Gallant Comics and he's been quite busy. Yet he's managed to find time to chat with a few people and is a pro all the way around. I love his style.

Enough chatter, here's the art, which actually got lost in the mail.

No Caption Provided

I was really upset when I discovered the art never made it to my brother's house. So I and another family member commissioned Mr. Butler to do another sketch for my brother. He was very accommodating and got this piece done rather quickly.

No Caption Provided

Funny thing is, when Mr. Butler finished the second illustration, the first one finally arrived at my brother's home. So he got a "two-fer" of Thor art!

Avatar image for SuperStar_sketcher
SuperStar_sketcher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SuperStar_sketcher: It almost wasn't a "cool story", Ha! However, I was really fortunate. Although I would've been refunded the money from the USPS I was disappointed my brother wasn't going to receive that first fantastic illustration Mr. Butler did. He put a lot of time and effort into it.

Having him understand the situation and subsequently do another Thor commission on short notice was great. Again, as luck would have it, the first piece arrived just prior to the second piece being completed!

I agree, the art is outstanding. Mr. Butler is great, very friendly and a hard worker. He does a lot of different characters in the classic style which I personally love.

All's well that ends well. :)

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are amazing pieces. And that's a very thoughtful gift for your brother. I hope he got a lot of joy from them. :)

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decept-O
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just wanted to add, Mr. Butler has worked for Gallant Comics as well as the following companies: Marvel, DC, Valiant, Malibu, First, and Archie Comics.

I think his page could use an assist as well.

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Those are greatly done! I love it, continue doing these amazing artworks! ^^

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@theblondegod: The artwork is NOT mine. These illustrations were by Steven Butler. I just wanted to show them off, as I had commissioned these from him. I gave a bit of info about these in the first posting as well, perhaps you can read it and check out more of his work via Gallant Comics.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Awesome artwork

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TheBlondeGod

@decept_o: Oh it was from Mr. Butler. My bad, well now it's my intent to say to him now!!! ^^