#1 Posted by SoulReaver (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron fist or superman?

#2 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been drawing now for about a week. So if you can guess who this is, then I must not be doing that bad.

Sorry, no scanner, no decent paper, not a good camera (needs flash or it blurs badly).
Post Edited:2007-04-10 20:13:19

#3 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

GL

#4 Posted by Mighty Magneto (13027 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah saw the picture know it was him right away i think it be better on white paper. You did a really good job

#5 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

No. But you will find him in this:

Post Edited:2007-04-10 20:04:41

#6 Posted by SoulReaver (19 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh I didn't notice it was Alan Scott I thought it was Greenlantern or something. Well, "MY MISTAKE."

#7 Posted by SoulReaver (19 posts) - - Show Bio

SoulReaver says:

"Oh I didn't notice it was Alan Scott I thought it was Greenlantern or something. Well, "MY MISTAKE." p.s It's an awesome picture you drew. "
#8 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

The original..... ALAN SCOTT!

Any thoughts on it? I was looking at that picture while I drew it.

#9 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks, that means a lot to me (from someone I don't really know anyways).

But like I said, no decent paper.

#10 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks!

#11 Posted by speed (550 posts) - - Show Bio

good picture

#12 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I actually like yours better than the original(the original's head looks too long almost Sinestro-ish) and yeah I recognized him right away.

You should just invest in some random cheap printer paper, its what I use, I usually fill up a 2 or 4 pages a day in a couple hours during lunch or while watching TV at night.

Post Edited:2007-04-10 21:04:38

#13 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

Icoop, remember when I asked you if you used a stick figure to start? Because I did, then I "piped" it, then added the muscles, then the details.

I saw this technique in a book called "Draw the Marvel Comics Super Heroes". It is a kids book, but it gives you something to start with.

#14 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Hahaha, I have that exact same book, its been around for decades, since its by Steve Ditko and Stan Lee. I got it around the age of 11. I think I'll actually look into it again for some of the more advanced stuff (Especially the "Inking" and the "Covers" chapters)

#15 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

?!?!?!

I got it when I was in......? 5th grade? YES!

that would mean I got it when I was...... 10, almost 11!

#16 Posted by Icoop (310 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh shit, I'm wrong I was thinking of this book

you're talking about this one

A friend of mine has it and I remember he was obsessed with spiderman so he would repeatedly draw this one image of spiderman in there until it was ingrained in his memory and he could draw it from memory, but he couldnt draw anything else.

#17 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

I just took the main strategy from it.

Seeing your sketches reminded me of the book, so I dug it up. Then I started drawing (because I never did anything with it originally).

#18 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio

i knew it was alan right away after i readjusted mt head to see it

#19 Posted by Prodigal Son (3472 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job. I knew it was Alan Scott right away. I wish I had 1/10th of your drawing skill.