DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By DaveAsahina
No Caption Provided

This is another sample page about my upcoming comics Hypera! In this page, Samantha is with an old friend and it is in the same tame of Samantha. (He is the same of the other page... but he has cutted his hair! XD) They have started to know that them love each other, and I don't know if it is a momentary thing or it is forever... We well see!! For the realization of the page I've used variuous struments, starting from a set of geometric squares and finishing with pencils. I've used a set of geometric squares for the cages of the page, while I've used a set of pencils for the drawing itself. In the drawing I've used a 5H pencil for the sketch, to have a clearer view of the page, while I've used an H3 Pencil for the definition of the lines and for some shading (See the shading on the clothes of Samantha!). I've also used an Hb2 pencil for the realization of the shading and for the shoes. It's only the pencil version, soon I'll might post the china version! I hope you like it!

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By willpayton

I'm liking it. Backgrounds need to be more interesting, but I understand these are not final.

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By DaveAsahina

@WillPayton: Well.. I'm not good enough with backgrounds, I have to practice more on them! ^_^

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By willpayton

@DaveAsahina said:

@WillPayton: Well.. I'm not good enough with backgrounds, I have to practice more on them! ^_^

I understand, also backgrounds are not as interesting to draw as the characters. But, they do add a lot to a drawing.

Since you want to be a comic artist eventually, I can tell you that they will be looking for people that can draw good characters, but also backgrounds. The setting of the story can be just as important as the foreground action. It will be an important part of your portfolio.

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By DaveAsahina

Yes, I know! Thanks for the suggestions!! :)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

@DaveAsahina said:

No prob. I really like the way these look. I hope you continue to post more.

DaveAsahina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DaveAsahina

@WillPayton said:

@DaveAsahina said:

No prob. I really like the way these look. I hope you continue to post more.

Really? thanks! Of course I'll post more! :)