That looks pretty awesome, great job!

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By ZZoMBiE13

Man that turned out so awesome man! I always enjoy your work. It is just so clean and professionally made. I can't say enough nice things about it duder. Great work!

Avatar image for ramsillustrations
RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By RamsIllustrations

@Deranged Midget:

Thanks man! :)

@ZZoMBiE13:

Hey Buddy, thanks, I keep trying to improve! :)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By willpayton

Very impressive!

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#6  Edited By Decept-O

@RamsIllustrations: Sweet work, great inks and dynamic poses, implied action, all catches your eye. Nice job.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#7  Edited By Strafe Prower

Nicely done!

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By RamsIllustrations
willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By willpayton

Looks really nice! I especially like the way the blond guy in the foreground looks... probably because the others are more super-heroey, while this one has more personality IMO. It makes me want to know more about what his story is.

My only criticism would be that I dont like the yellow and black lines in the background/fire area. They just give me the impression of plastic wrap, too "glossy" looking. I have a feeling that the airbrushed fire effect with the yellow sparks alone would be better, with perhaps more definition for the fire... i.e. not too blurry.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton:

The black lines where for movement and adding to the dead space in the earlier B&W post. The blurred airbrush effect was for an out of focus fire glow in the background bringing the detail into focus in the foreground. The black lines I just left in. Anything surrealistic falls under "artistic licensing" :P

like ZZombie13 mentioned to me, comics are about being over the top and I am always mixing surreal with some realism so I will never always just be tapping into realism for superhero comics.

I do see what you mean and will keep it in mind. My focus was on selling this piece as a cover with most of the title heading covering the dead space above the characters.

Also, note, I added the greys on top instead of on the line drawing and I liked your tip and used it, I do listen even though I like experimenting. :)

willpayton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By willpayton

@RamsIllustrations said:

@WillPayton:

The black lines where for movement and adding to the dead space in the earlier B&W post. The blurred airbrush effect was for an out of focus fire glow in the background bringing the detail into focus in the foreground. The black lines I just left in. Anything surrealistic falls under "artistic licensing" :P

like ZZombie13 mentioned to me, comics are about being over the top and I am always mixing surreal with some realism so I will never always just be tapping into realism for superhero comics.

I do see what you mean and will keep it in mind. My focus was on selling this piece as a cover with most of the title heading covering the dead space above the characters.

Also, note, I added the greys on top instead of on the line drawing and I liked your tip and used it, I do listen even though I like experimenting. :)

Hehe, no prob. Like we discussed before, I think if a certain feature of the drawing is meant to be stylistic, then that's fair game. I do understand why the black lines went in. I saw the inked drawing before and after you put them in, so those made sense. I also understand that the fire is blurry because it's meant to be a DoF-type effect, that also makes sense. I just meant that for me personally, I'd try for a slightly more defined look... like maybe add more "smoke" lines like those coming out of the gun, following the contours of the fire. But, yeah, that's just a style thing... there's no right or wrong way.

Cool, glad to see you're experimenting with different approaches to the shading/coloring. That's what I'm doing myself... well, even though I dont have time to draw that much. But, yeah, one of the nice things about doing the shading later along with the colors is that you can try different blend modes. For example, in this last Green Lantern drawing I'm coloring, I'm doing the shading on a separate layer with black/white, but then using blend modes like "linear burn" and "color burn" to get a look different from the regular "multiply" mode, which is basically what you'd get if the shading was baked into the grayscale inked image. Alternately, you could shade with color gradients going from Color A (whatever dark color you want) to Color B (whatever light color you want). This would be really helpful in scenes with multiple light sources of different colors... like for example some bluish ambient lighting out in space and yellowish light from the sun on one side. Anyway, just something to consider and experiment with.

RamsIllustrations

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@WillPayton: I will definitely keep some of those tips in mind, thanks! :)