#1 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe its high time for me to start again going back to my roots in the arts...comic book art!
In this thread, I will be sharing some of my sketches and paintings of different comic book characters.

Feel free to ask for a comic book character request that I will render, I see it as a very good motivation.

I will begin with Cloak & Dagger

black and white version with scanner aid
original work

I am still learning the ropes with different art programs in my computer.

I hope that you will like my work

#2 Edited by Obi Wan Kenobi! (27638 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks awesome, X...wish i could do that v.v

#3 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

That looks great!

#4 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Psylocke vs Witchblade:

The fight takes place randomly. No purpose just a full battle between the two ladies and their skills and weapon. Psylocke as a telepath with the Crimson Dawn ability against the Witchblade host, Sara Pezzini.

I will try to write the entire story and some more comic book sequence later on...just go inspired to finish this fight I have been imagining for almost a year now.

caption

#5 Posted by Blankspot (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea Ice I meet with my friend every other week who has his own book and we do draw sessions.  Might be fun to do a reproduction cover that has nothing to do with competition just for fun.  Someone puts up a cover and we do our best reproduction.

#6 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

That will be  really cool... :-)

#7 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"Psylocke vs Witchblade:

The fight takes place randomly. No purpose just a full battle between the two ladies and their skills and weapon. Psylocke as a telepath with the Crimson Dawn ability against the Witchblade host, Sara Pezzini.

I will try to write the entire story and some more comic book sequence later on...just go inspired to finish this fight I have been imagining for almost a year now.

caption

"
DAMN that looks good!
#8 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you guys!  here is the other part of the battle between the telepath and pure raw powered being...

The concept in this fight is simple. Being a telepath, Psylocke was reading Sara Pezzini's mind but as they fight she noticed another consciousness moving along. When Psylocke used her psyblade to Sara it knocked her out, leaving the other consciousness - the Witchblade - to take full control of Sara's body. What happens next? ... I will just draw it later need to finish my work first.

But what do you think of the concept so far, guys?

#9 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Who do you think wins this fight?

I forgot to place Psylocke's thought box: I can' even use my Crimson Dawn's teleportation powers...grip is too strong..draining me..must..
#10 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn

Nice dude

#11 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks TheDrifter!

Here is the conclusion of the short comic skit of Psylocke vs Witchblade
Hope you guys like the conclusion

The lines I borrowed from previous comics I read states that Psylocke can always fight from a distance but it thrills her to do hand to hand combat.

Also the last line I used for Psylocke is inspired by her name ... telepath (PSY)  + lock consciousness (LOCKE) =  psylocke or mind lock

#12 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

You're really good...

#13 Posted by Platinumwarrior (2967 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how your drawing the fight as if it was an actual comic book with the word bubbles and everything!

#14 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Elektra vs Shi and Tomoe

caption

I really made it a point to team up the Billy Tucci's femme fatale against Marvel's number 1 femme fatale of hand to hand combatant.
In the real sense who do you think wins it?
#15 Posted by Dark Walker (477 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like your Cloak & Dagger, that one is tight.

#16 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Dark Walker said:
"I really like your Cloak & Dagger, that one is tight."
Thanks... I really like the concept of the dark and light being. I might render a painted edition later on using water color or acrylic and post it here.

Here is my other sketch for the Lady Death

caption

#17 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23023 posts) - - Show Bio

amazing

#18 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Strange...I was inspired by the cartoon movie released by Marvel...much better without the cape.

#19 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23023 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice

#20 Posted by cly (15458 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, great work.

#21 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

My official entry for the Artist Showdown #12: Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes

I used watercolor on paper for this artwork.
It has always been easy to color a character in leather outfit since black and blue combination always makes a good contrast with a white highlight.
I really get inspired doing artworks with this weekly artist showdown.

Snake Eyes in Cross Hatching Technique

I just got inspired from the comic book Crying FreeMan and tried to apply this technique to this character. This is just ball pen and the works.

#22 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Catwoman gray scale
Catwoman Black
This is one of the inspirations that I had for cat woman. The one with the gray tone is the original one while the pure black one is scanner/computer enhanced.

This one is an off-shoot of the one I did for the Artist Show-Off....there is something about my ex-gf character that makes me still want to draw her. I am finding the new costume fitting for her.
#23 Posted by Kurrent (14061 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Havok!

#24 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

WOW your really good. I have always like the black and white versions of things, sometimes even better than the color versions. Have you ever used Charcoal?

Request Storm,

#25 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

As requested by Kurrent: Havok

Havok on Fire

Slight I will be doing your request later. I have something good in mind with Storm.

#26 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Storm

As requested by Slight. Hope you like it!
I do use charcoal but I hope you like my watercolor interpretation of the Weather Goddess.
#27 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

love your work! can't wait to see more of your work.

#28 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Warpath Alternative
#29 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio

nice work man!
how about an iceman and human torch 1?

#30 Posted by thunderbolt (2234 posts) - - Show Bio

Iron Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Scarlet Witch, Vulcan, Vulcan

#31 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Iceman gone mad
#32 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
thunderbolt said:
"Iron Man, Iron Man, Ms. Marvel, Ms. Marvel, Scarlet Witch, Scarlet Witch, Vulcan, Vulcan"
sure...i am just wondering what is with the double double name name? he he he
#33 Edited by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Scarlet Witch Beauty and Power pose
Ms. Marvel in the sky

As requested.... will follow up Vulcan and Iron Man in a day or two...major date mode tomorrow with my girlfriend. Hope you like this one Thunderbolt.

#34 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

How can you possibly work so fast?

Two men and Two women...can't wait till you finish Vulcan and Iron Man.
By the way, can I make a request?

I want you to make me a male phoenix wielder like vulcan or something...want to post it on my gallery. Thanks!

#35 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
I have to say Iron Man gave me a hard time in drawing!
First there are alot of choices in terms of costume, so I decided to make my own based from all the ones I've seen.
Second the straight lines and details are difficult and needless to say they have to look mechanical, meaning there is a series of thin line and thick line and reflective surfaces

I hope I did him justice though.
#36 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"
Iceman gone mad
"
amazing man! how do you get these done so fast?
and the Iron Man drawing looks amazing too!
#37 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
caption
Vulcan and what he does best to his brothers. Unfortunately. the being behind him maybe too much for him to handle.
#38 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio
Class Clown said:
"IcePrince_X said:
"
Iceman gone mad
"
and the Iron Man drawing looks amazing too!"
My background as a biology major helps in the human anatomy part and I work fast right now because of my free time from work, its the holidays here. Also, I am an art teacher so, I have an excuse to do my drawings while my students do their work.  If I am at my other work, I also work as a special project manager for a small land development firm and do not have any project or supervised activity, I am pencil pushing too.

My weakness as an artist is when I join competitions or when I do actual comic book rendition meaning I tend to take a lot of time since I really want everything perfect even to the last detail of the background.
#39 Posted by The Phoenix Child (561 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice work.
But I will still go with Human Torch.

#40 Posted by Class Clown (311 posts) - - Show Bio
IcePrince_X said:
"Class Clown said:
"IcePrince_X said:
"
Iceman gone mad
"
and the Iron Man drawing looks amazing too!"
My background as a biology major helps in the human anatomy part and I work fast right now because of my free time from work, its the holidays here. Also, I am an art teacher so, I have an excuse to do my drawings while my students do their work.  If I am at my other work, I also work as a special project manager for a small land development firm and do not have any project or supervised activity, I am pencil pushing too.

My weakness as an artist is when I join competitions or when I do actual comic book rendition meaning I tend to take a lot of time since I really want everything perfect even to the last detail of the background."
well that would help....=P
still your work is amazing
can i make a request? for my profile i mean
#41 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

sure just pm me with the details, it will be great to help you with your profile.

#42 Posted by IcePrince_X (4855 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a different angle for the Psylocke entry. Kinda fell in-love with the costume.
Also in this page is the official entry that I did.