HeroesCon commissions

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Sammo21

Hey guys! I had the pleasure of being able to attend my first comic book only convention this past weekend, Heroescon in Charlotte, NC. I thought I would share some of the commissions I was able to get while attending.

The one I am most proud of is the Cobra Commander vs Captain America by Mitch Breitweiser. He did a spectacular job capturing the image I had in my head of the two battling it out. I also got to meet new artists I had never met like Cory Smith who is actually going to be working on the Ninja Turtles microseries right now (he did the amazing Red Lantern Raphael of him jumping down). Also, being able to get Aaron Campbell to do a Shadow commission was pretty cool.

Up and coming artists like Kevin Steward and Tristan Kelly were incredibly talented and hungry for work. They are definitely on my radar for the future. The only commission I was disappointed with was the Shadow sketch on the magazine cover by an artist with the last name of Ettrick (sorry, I cannot remember her first name). The actual sketch was amazing but she did not inform me that it would be on a magazine cover and she charged the same amount as most did for a sketch. I like to display the art I get either in nice frames or in a portfolio, so you can imagine my disappointment when I got the magazine.

Either way, very pleased with my commissions this year. Below are the prints I was able to pickup as well.

Highlights of the prints I acquired were Jim Steranko signing a Nick Fury print, the limited edition Galactus/Silver Surfer print, and the Captain America print with actual included sketch both being by Mitch Breitweiser. Let me know if you guys have any questions or you want to get in touch with any of the lesser known artists as I think I got business cards from most of them.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

Damn, I'm really jealous.

Great commissions :)

sixdemonbag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@sammo21: the Shadow artist was Meghan Hetrick. She did an awesome Alucard for me over the weekend and I'm looking forward to commissioning a lot more from her in the future.

You got several good sketches and that Cap vs Cobra Commander is pretty great.

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sixdemonbag: Again, I was really impressed with her talent; it was just that she didn't let me or my friend know her commissions were on the magazine cover. I was just a little bummed about that.

Avatar image for battle_forum_junkie
Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

@sammo21:

Man, these are awesome! :D

I bet your pretty proud, huh?

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Sammo21
nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Awesome I wish I was able to go but I couldn't go. But these are awesome I'm guessing you like Ninja Turtles that Blue Lantern Spider-man is awesome.

Battle_Forum_Junkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow!

That's still quite a bit.

I wish I had that kinda money...

Excuse me while I practice drawing so I can become a rich comicbook artist.

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

nightwingnerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By nightwingnerd

Wow!

That's still quite a bit.

I wish I had that kinda money...

Excuse me while I practice drawing so I can become a rich comicbook artist.

This

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nightwingnerd: I saved up for a long time and my biggest commission was a something I paid for with money I've had for a while. I kind of went big this time with it being my first comic only convention. Next year when I go I will only get a few commissions and not nearly as many prints.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

I love these, nice scans.

Avatar image for themanintheshoe
TheManInTheShoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 17

Why can't we writers make money like this?

Sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually took all these on my iphone in the hotel room...I can't wait to get the Galactus and Sivler Surfer print framed. With Marvel announcing the new Marvel Selects Silver Surfer figure I am going to put it next to the print.

Andrewch7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I passed on that Silver Surfer / Galactus print and now I'm having major regrets. Who put that out? I know it was an exclusive but they seemed to have a bunch left over on Sunday... so was hoping to possibly track one down online.