"
Horrible.
"
ROFLMAO

You are terrible
#6 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

the scaner didnt work well. but i agree vance astro. ^^

#7 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

You tried your best and for that, I applaud you.

#8 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

thank you, saddly my best, are too light for the scaner, so i had to use my darker ones..but i do thank you Donnie.

#9 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

You're welcome.

#10 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio

They look pretty good to me. Great work.

Lifts her hand and freezes Vance's and Pix's tounges solid.

Watch what you guys say!

#11 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"the scaner didnt work well. but i agree vance astro. ^^"

You have good ideas and poses but you anatomy is absurd.
#12 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you expect from a person that never had an art class in her life? and know one to teach her anything.

lol thanks Mantoid.

#13 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice job, Lya.  They look great.

#14 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"what do you expect from a person that never had an art class in her life? and know one to teach her anything.

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
#15 Posted by Desilation (14585 posts) - - Show Bio

your a fantastic artest lya

#16 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"
Horrible.
"
Always so blunt with your criticism, and yet your still blue and good. 
#17 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"what do you expect from a person that never had an art class in her life? and know one to teach her anything.

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
Punches Vance in the face.
#18 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

And vance, why do you always have such outrageous avatars?

#19 Edited by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

smiles and licks blood from mouth.

You people are doing Lillya worst than I am.Telling her she's a fantastic artist and that her work is good when it isn't only makes it worse.
#20 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

You people are doing Lillya worst than I am.Telling her she's a fantastic artist and that her work is good when it isn't only makes it worse."
Coming from a guy who stubbornly refused to believe godzilla could beat fin fang foom.  Even though I smoked you in that arguement more times than one can imagine. 
#21 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"And vance, why do you always have such outrageous avatars?
"
Misty Knight is outrageous? Last time I checked,this was a comic forum.
#22 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"
"
No the hair, it's outlandish.  
#23 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

Please, everyone, Keep the balance, I cant have everyone saying im great, He is intiled to his own thoughts. and he is more than welling to shair them, which is why i posted them for everyone to see.

now sir. or mis, i cant tell. Should you see the ones i have, that havent been scaned. im sure you would think twice about how bad they are, No one can be perfect, Infact, flaws are what makes them worth anything. the small flaws. I have some problems with the ones i posted up there. But i have others, that are better, and some that are worse, but, they are too light for my scaner to pick up on. Now you have said your pice, now leave, less you just want to piss me off.

#24 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"
"
"
Why do you have the worst\lamest avatars,yet you always feel the need to say something about everyone elses?
#25 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"

Please, everyone, Keep the balance, I cant have everyone saying im great, He is intiled to his own thoughts. and he is more than welling to shair them, which is why i posted them for everyone to see.

now sir. or mis, i cant tell. Should you see the ones i have, that havent been scaned. im sure you would think twice about how bad they are, No one can be perfect, Infact, flaws are what makes them worth anything. the small flaws. I have some problems with the ones i posted up there. But i have others, that are better, and some that are worse, but, they are too light for my scaner to pick up on. Now you have said your pice, now leave, less you just want to piss me off.

"
I wasn't trying to start anything.I just thought you should know that people are either sugar coating how they really feel about your work or aren't telling you the truth.I'm not the best artist in the world but people telling you,you are fantastic and your work is good when you obviously need improvement doesn't help you.
#26 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"
"
"
Why do you have the worst\lamest avatars,yet you always feel the need to say something about everyone elses?
"
Sauron is never lame, he's like bugs bunny of fantasy villains, you just can't beat his classicness.  And please, I don't taunt name.    I just mock you. 
#27 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

You people are doing Lillya worst than I am.Telling her she's a fantastic artist and that her work is good when it isn't only makes it worse."
Coming from a guy who stubbornly refused to believe godzilla could beat fin fang foom.  Even though I smoked you in that arguement more times than one can imagine. 
"

That has nothing to do with this thread,what so ever.
#28 Posted by mantoid (2305 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

"

That has nothing to do with this thread,what so ever."
Look who is still bitter.
#29 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

"

I'm just saying, you tend to be on the wrong side of the argument.  Though you've changed that habit.  
#30 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Dreadnaught said:
"Vance Astro said:
"mantoid said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:

lol thanks Mantoid."
I expect better...
"
"

"

Look who is still bitter.
"
bitter? About what? A thread from 2007?
#31 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"

"
I wasn't trying to start anything.I just thought you should know that people are either sugar coating how they really feel about your work or aren't telling you the truth.I'm not the best artist in the world but people telling you,you are fantastic and your work is good when you obviously need improvement doesn't help you.
"

There's nothing wrong is saying that it's good.  It's not wrong to applaud someone for their efforts either.  It's alright to criticize, but you have to do it in a constructive manner.

Also.......... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  (That means that it could really look good to certain people.  Not everyone sees things the same way.)
#32 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spartan said:
"Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"

"
"

There's nothing wrong is saying that it's good.  It's not wrong to applaud someone for their efforts either.  It's alright to criticize, but you have to do it in a constructive manner.

Also.......... Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.  (That means that it could really look good to certain people.  Not everyone sees things the same way.)"

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder is what people say when their girlfriend is ugly or their art isn't good.
#33 Posted by The Spartan (6320 posts) - - Show Bio

Whatever.  If you think it's bad, that's fine.  But you shouldn't criticize people who are applauding her.

#34 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
The Spartan said:
"Whatever.  If you think it's bad, that's fine.  But you shouldn't criticize people who are applauding her."

Well if you want her to think that stuff is good that's on your hands..not mine.
#35 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i need to work on it. I posted it to get others option on my work, see what i need to work on, what they find great, and..i trust my friends to say what they think, even if it is sugar coated, No one is as hard on my work as I am, you can ask anyone! Im not happy with anything ive done so far, if it goes to my artwork, my writings or my rps. I know i need to get better. for me its a hobby. just for fun, i dont plan on making money on my work, but im shere there is someone out there that would pay for some of my work...their are weird people out there. anways im out night.

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

take it to PMs, god, this isn't even the amusing kind of stupidity

on topic, you do really good shading Lilly =D

I like the second one the most, gives the most realistic impression and makes it feel more realistic

give yourself some practice, and you'll gte a lot better :)

#38 Posted by The Enigma (1882 posts) - - Show Bio
Everyone is being way too complimentary: the drawings suck. A nine year old could draw better images than those. 
The features that your characters possess are way out of proportion and the shading is all wrong! 
#39 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

first off, I must ask something of all the compliments that came before Vance Astro started this whole argument...first off there were only two, one of them mine and one of them some other guys

that guy said they were "cool" which does not apply to skills at all so really it should not be taken as an over compliment

then there is my compliment, I said nice pics which doesn't mean I said it was beautiful art, it means I thought the concept of the pictures was awesome, that's why I chose this one for my avatar...also, when I said "your awesome" I was talking to her in general not about the drawings :D

after that, it is obvious people had to start backing her up because all Vance was doing was insulting her and they felt they needed to stop such things so really I can't see any over complimenting...

#40 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
aztek the lost said:
"first off, I must ask something of all the compliments that came before Vance Astro started this whole argument...first off there were only two, one of them mine and one of them some other guys

that guy said they were "cool" which does not apply to skills at all so really it should not be taken as an over compliment

then there is my compliment, I said nice pics which doesn't mean I said it was beautiful art, it means I thought the concept of the pictures was awesome, that's why I chose this one for my avatar...also, when I said "your awesome" I was talking to her in general not about the drawings :D

after that, it is obvious people had to start backing her up because all Vance was doing was insulting her and they felt they needed to stop such things so really I can't see any over complimenting...
"
I said her poses and ideas were good but her anatomy is absurd.The only person I made a comment about as far as saying her work was fantastic was desilation because he did say she was a fantastic artist.I did not insult her.I said the word horrible and left the thread..people started mentioning my name so..I gave her my honest opinion on how I really felt about her artwork.A I said I wasn't trying to start anything,I assumed that because Lillya attempted to show her work of that art was something she was into and she obviously needs alot of work....something that nobody else wished to tell her.
#41 Posted by pixelized (62883 posts) - - Show Bio
mantoid said:
"They look pretty good to me. Great work.

Lifts her hand and freezes Vance's and Pix's tounges solid.

Watch what you guys say!
"
i totally didn't say anything negative...just laughed at Vance's comment
#42 Posted by _Obsidian_ (5028 posts) - - Show Bio

The drawings aren't anatomically correct, but I suppose you know that...for being someone who has never taken an art class, I think you did a good job. Practicing won't hurt though. ^^

#43 Posted by man_of_forever (5908 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"

Please, everyone, Keep the balance, I cant have everyone saying im great, He is intiled to his own thoughts. and he is more than welling to shair them, which is why i posted them for everyone to see

"

She said keep the balance! :) I have someone like me out here. lol

but your work is good since you dont have any trainning, but that makes it all the better, because you have raw talent. Personlay I dont think you should take any classes or you'll lose your own style and touch, because they teach all that old stuff and say what you do is wrong. But you should look at drawing and anatomy books aswell as draw from life. but good work and keep it up.
#44 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give artistic advice but I can't draw...

#45 Posted by Zenma (4970 posts) - - Show Bio

i like this and i can't draw people well

#46 Posted by Lillya WildChild (5347 posts) - - Show Bio

Thank you so much Zenma, lost and MOF,

ok, i sucked in school, was too busy drawning on the desks, SO could someone tell me what is wrong with them, you all said anatomy something or another, can someone break it down so this ADD girl can get it???

#47 Posted by Siphon (1913 posts) - - Show Bio
man_of_forever said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"

Please, everyone, Keep the balance, I cant have everyone saying im great, He is intiled to his own thoughts. and he is more than welling to shair them, which is why i posted them for everyone to see

"

She said keep the balance! :) I have someone like me out here. lol

but your work is good since you dont have any trainning, but that makes it all the better, because you have raw talent. Personlay I dont think you should take any classes or you'll lose your own style and touch, because they teach all that old stuff and say what you do is wrong. But you should look at drawing and anatomy books aswell as draw from life. but good work and keep it up."
Well said.

In my opinion you should use this technique that we artists use where you draw and egg for the head and draw a horizontal line, separating it into two parts. then cut that half in half and that half in half. you should have an egg shape that 3 lines dividing it. one line for the eyes, one for the nose and one for the mouth. Also create a vertical splitting it into two. It's simpler on paper, but it will help with you proportions of the head and face.

Keep up the good work!
#48 Posted by Vance Astro (91414 posts) - - Show Bio
Lillya WildChild said:
"Thank you so much Zenma, lost and MOF,

ok, i sucked in school, was too busy drawning on the desks, SO could someone tell me what is wrong with them, you all said anatomy something or another, can someone break it down so this ADD girl can get it???"

What's wrong? I'll tell you (without being an a**hole)

Ok first of all..It seems you have good ideas and know how you want to pose the characters you draw..the problem is,they are anatomically incorrect.Meaning your drawings don't have enough realism in them for me to register those people as human...your eyes always seem to be too big,and if I didn't know who Wolverine and Magnus were I would have no idea what was goning on in the first picture.What you should do,..take some time to look at random pictures of people,yourself,anything where anatomy is applied and see if you drawings are accurate to life.The second thing is you obviously know where to shade and what parts of the drawing to shade...the problem is you technique...it looks very rushed and chaotic.Try shading slower or smudging the graphite on the paper with your finger or a shading tool but make sure the only graphite smudge is where you shading,otherwise you drawing will look dirty.Lastly...there is a certain distance between all of our facial features that must be kept in order for the person to have a certain level of realism...I'm not sure of that,you will have to look it up but you can always look in mirror and mesaure the distance of your eyes knows and mouth on your face.
#49 Edited by Blankspot (216 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok Lilya I am gonna give you a fair assesment on this.  Great Ideas and concepts, you've got the imagination and the desire.  Your best pic is the indian girl you should refine that one out.  Like I told twilight grab yourself a magazine vanity fair vogue something like that and line the faces so take a tsquare ruler some kind of straight edge and make a kinda t contouring the face.  Make your own on paper.  Photo refrence is what will really help you do good work here.  Lighten up your lines and keep working.  I would say this is a good place to start also like Twilight  draw faces as component parts first then bring them together.  No one is a perfect artist critique yourself and go after the thing you think is the worse.  Keep redrawing the indian girl then move on to the more ambitious projects.  Also while you are developing as an artist pick a particular medium like manga, pinup, photorealistic and stick with it.  You dont want to start blending manga eyes with photo realistics....on another positive note your magneto's mask is also good it has a good balance to it.

#50 Posted by liquade (100 posts) - - Show Bio
Vance Astro said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
"the scaner didnt work well. but i agree vance astro. ^^"

You have good ideas and poses but you anatomy is absurd."

the first one is awsome. i have the same problem with the anatomy on my drawings. i just can never get anything to look quite the way i want it to