Help me a comic book...with your characters.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I need help in making a comic book and im in need of new characters.

It can be Villains.Anti-heroes or heroes. it all depends on you guus. I will obviously will not be able to a cluster#@$& of characters. I am a one man writter/Artist. And i have limits.

And i still dont have and never used a graphics tablet before. i normally draw on paper.

You guys can aubmit your characters here. They need to have a back story to why theyre like this,their emotion and personality and powers,if they have any.

Another requirement is that tgey need to be related to the main character of the Story. A 17 year old dude named Michael who's about ro finish high school. They can be his freind,Cousin,Long lost freind,enemie,Rival,ex girlfreind,hus teacher,aquantince..did i wrire that correctly?...or just a random person that fits in into the story. Get creative.

i can only fit in at max 12 characters. The comic will probably start next year on the Fan Fic section. As soon as i get a graphics tablet.........any day now....anytime....

My comic style isnt for the light of heart.There is going a lot of blood and gore. And a lot of f bombs are foing to be droped. And things are going to be a bit...how can i say this....uncensorded?...less covered?..No blurrs? or whatever. Emphasis on nuditty?....

You guys can ask questions when in doubt of something.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dygoboy

I summon all the random vines I saw on random threads:

@TypH: @AwsomePerson: @thecowwasdelirious: @KEROGA: @SHOT: @Ultinuc: @JJ_Was_Here: @catapanoart:

@The Lobster: @mikebrowneyes: @Transformers1024: @Xwraith: @johnpd1:

Uncanny_XFactor: @BumpyBoo: @W0nd:

@genghiskwan: @EGoD: @shatterstar:

@Mrfuzzynutz: @payno: @wildcats25:

@TheLurker: @dimitridkatsis: @Izaiah:

@BeaconofStrength: @redscare:

Tags.

@jmarshmallow

@darkraiden @roronuffy @pooty @bluejay4 @beatboks1 @lowlaville @neongamewave @xkstone @nighthunder @nickthedevil @leo-343

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Well, I would help, but I myself am trying to start my own comic. Just got Manga Studio 5 for Christmas yesterday, I'm trying to put my effort into that. If it helps, have a look at some of the things I keep in mind when creating characters and stories:
http://www.wikihow.com/Avoid-Creating-a-Weak-Villain
http://www.superheronation.com/ (I find this site especially helpful)
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/overlord.html
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/dungeon_a.html
http://www.eviloverlord.com/lists/dungeon_b.html

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh and when you do start your comic, be sure to let me know about it, I want to read it

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

@dygoboy: can you show us a pic of your art? I'd just like to know how it may look like

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drfate: like I said above..I'm still waiting for the graphics tablet that my brother promised me. I only draw paper. So I can only show you pictures of the stuff I drew. In which I'm going to. Just let me try to optimize things. I'm using my phone right now so....it will take forever to even show 1 pic of my drawing style.

DrF8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By DrF8

@dygoboy: yeah, as for ideas for characters, i posted a lot of difrent characters with descriptions on my blog-post here : http://www.comicvine.com/profile/drfate/blog/my-superheroes-summer-2014/101774/

so, if you're interested you may take a look up there. I'm not sure do they really fit in your description, as i think you want to make it more realistic ( at least that's how i understood your post ). But, maybe my characters will give you some inspiration. ( just if your gonna take something from there...leave the "Human Composite" alone please. )

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Dygoboy

@drfate: sure. I'll leave the human composite alone.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Did you happen to have a look at any of those links I sent you?

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultinuc: I'm reading every single page.

Ultinuc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy: Wow it's good you're starting fresh! I wish you success! ^^

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TheBlondeGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mrfuzzynutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I wish you luck with this project, I will not be able to help out much as I have other projects that would need my time.

I will offer these tips:

1) Tell the story first, then worry about what audience it will been targeting. When you tell yourself I am writing Project X you paint yourself into a corner as your trying to create a story with specific themes, but you should instead focus on building your character and universe then the settings and situations will come naturally

2) And believe me, on this I live in a big ass glass house, and a boulder is rolling down the hill as I speak, But If you are a writer, then TYPO'S are your death sentence if you want to create interest. If you can't take the time to proofread your own work, then why would I want to waste my time trying to decipher what you MEANT to write? Could have told the funniest more creative joke ever placed in a world balloon, but if it is misspelled then it doesn't matter anymore.

3) If I were you I would brainstorm ideas amongst a close circle of friends who truly share your passion, as opposed to blanket request from complete strangers. I don't know you, so I have zero emotional investment in your project, and with 1 unfinished image of a character that looks fairly generic, i have no need to care about that either.

I hope this does not serve to derail your enthusiasm and motivation, just trying to offer some advice in place of actually being able to participate with art.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy. I could maybe pitch in something. Be cool to sort of behind the curtain collaborate on some thing.

I have some questions though, which are:

• Do you want just names and Backstory or would you like an image of the character as well?
  • What genre is the story in? You mentioned you like to draw gore does this mean the story is a horror? Depending on whether you are making it sci-fi or fantasy would affect the sort of thing I would make as well.
  • Would you like superhero characters, bizarre monsters, an alien race, robots or just models of people with a twisted history?
  • Do you have any names for character you haven't designed yet Maybe one of those could be a starting point for character designing.

I'll do you at least one character but a general idea of what you're looking for would be a big help.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6:

Well to answer your questions.

-Names and backstory and image included if you can. It would really spare me the work in picturing the character's appearance.

-It's fiction. It has both the mixture of sci-fi and fantasy. But it's mostly just modern fiction. Like the Marvel universe or DC.

-I'm making a superhero story mixed supernatural and sci-fi stuff. So it can be Alien race,robots,bizarre monsters ect...

-From all the characters I've made I've used every single name I thought of butt il think of one.

I'm also looking for a small planetary threat level villain since your going to do only one.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dygoboy

Cool, I'll get right on it. I'll have something or somethings for you in a few days.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for donovan_montgomery
Donovan Montgomery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 17

You didn't call me??

I have a character for you soon as I find it.

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dygoboy
Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ardenbelfry

One more tag.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6
No Caption Provided

@dygoboy. Here's your planetary threat? Hopefully this character isn't too stupid. Feel free to alter him or his backstory anyway you like to fit with your story.

I also figured he'd be working with the help of a multi-dimensional super-computer located at the heart of a supermassive black hole several galaxies away. His chest and thigh plates taper out at the sides and so are almost ssymmetrical from the side. The external part of his body is a suit of impervious armor.made with a type of alien memory metal that responds to his thoughts..

Dygoboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fiesty_badger6: that guy....his....name..

.only if I had my graphics tablet I would draw the main guy reacting to this guy.

The things that need to be changed about this guy are:

His villain name,his costume and a bit of his back story to something a lot more serious. But still thx for the Character.

Fiesty_Badger6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Fiesty_Badger6

@dygoboy No sweat. I figured it'd have to pass through your sensibilities. Let us know when you've started posting your comic. Be interesting to see it.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

@ultinuc said:

Oh and when you do start your comic, be sure to let me know about it, I want to read it