Freddie Mercury Design for T-Shirt... Work in progress.

Avatar image for xavier_st__cloud
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Precise

Nice, good job!

Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@Precise: 

Thank you... I went with the Yellow background because it makes me think FLASH!!! lol. I am a huge Queen fan.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

Nice. The mustache isn't epic enough, but nice nonetheless.

Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@iLLituracy: 

Thank you... LOL. Yeah well there is only so much a human can do. Freddie's mustache was so epic it took a God to make it.  : )  He would make a bad ass Super Hero, don't you think?
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@iLLituracy: 

I thicked his mustache a little, and put an under shirt on him... What do you think?

soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By soundbite

He'll save everyone of us
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @iLLituracy:  Thank you... LOL. Yeah well there is only so much a human can do. Freddie's mustache was so epic it took a God to make it.  : )  He would make a bad ass Super Hero, don't you think? "
lol, some things can only be made right by God, yes, that would be one of them :) 
very cool on this one, I'm a big fan of Queen and all of Freddie's work, man was a creative genius with one of the best male voices in the business. 
This is gonna be a cool ass shirt.
Shadowdoggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By Shadowdoggy

great image! 
I'd buy that t-shirt
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis: 

Yeah I am a huge Queen fan... I know a ton of people who say they are fan's yet have never heard any of the early stuff... Queen, Queen 2. Night at the opera, Sheer Heart Attack, A day at the races, News of the world... So on and so forth... I mean they might know the hits, because of the greatest hits albums but those songs while good, are still IMHO not their best stuff. 

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Om1kron

haha it says mariachi punk band, I dig it. 

Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@Om1kron said:
"haha it says mariachi punk band, I dig it.  "

Thanks... I plan on putting it on White Black and yellow T-shirts. On the Black and White shirts the Yellow background is going to be star shaped. On the yellow there will be no star, but I will save money on INK. lol
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @Om1kron said:
"haha it says mariachi punk band, I dig it.  "
Thanks... I plan on putting it on White Black and yellow T-shirts. On the Black and White shirts the Yellow background is going to be star shaped. On the yellow there will be no star, but I will save money on INK. lol "
hehe, being a huge Freddie fan too I couldn't resist envisioning your description, definitely a rockin idea :)
No Caption Provided
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis: 

Sick as hell hommie... You really made it pop. Love it.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @tonis:  Sick as hell hommie... You really made it pop. Love it. "
thx, was going for that crazy backstage feel :) 
those are gonna be some cool shirts when you make em
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud said:
thx, was going for that crazy backstage feel :) those are gonna be some cool shirts when you make em "

You nailed it... What did you use, to create that image?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @tonis said:
thx, was going for that crazy backstage feel :) those are gonna be some cool shirts when you make em "
You nailed it... What did you use, to create that image? "
3d programs called Poser2010 for the figures and cloths. Photoshop for the background and touch ups.
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis said:
" @tonis said:
3d programs called Poser2010 for the figures and cloths. Photoshop for the background and touch ups. "

Nice job! Love Photoshop... It can be fun to play with. 
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @tonis said:
" @tonis said:
3d programs called Poser2010 for the figures and cloths. Photoshop for the background and touch ups. "
Nice job! Love Photoshop... It can be fun to play with.  "
yea, much agreed. For work or play it helps get the job done once you figure out where everything's hidden :) 
got into it because of photography originally way back when, but eventually it evolved into all sorts of other things, 3d being one of them. It kicks butt for doing the post production touch ups. 

Snap a pic when you get your shirt, I'd love to see it.
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By iLLituracy
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @iLLituracy: 

I thicked his mustache a little, and put an under shirt on him... What do you think?

No Caption Provided
  "
Crap, I wasn't alerted to this reply. The mustache is great, you could probably thicken it a bit more, but then again what do I know? The undershirt is a really nice touch.
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@iLLituracy: 

Well I am going to use both images... The first one I did, made more sense with the costume... That is how he looked durring Flash Gordon debut. He had a butch road warrior thing going on. lol

@tonis: 

Will do.
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud

Not Freddie lol... I drew her up, last nigt.  She was a dramatic shadowing test I was doing... Working on my line control... I am getting there, still have a lot of work to do. I drew this in INK however, mistakes happen, you have to be creative.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud: ah, if only more mistakes looked that good when they happen :) 
always love me a PG pic, sweet job. Great expression and the shading is way cool, has a lotta depth to it. Makes the lighting even more dramatic.
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud: ah, if only more mistakes looked that good when they happen :) always love me a PG pic, sweet job. Great expression and the shading is way cool, has a lotta depth to it. Makes the lighting even more dramatic. "

I am my own worst enemy... You know how it goes... Yeah I love her expression as well, I wanted her to look like she was wieghing her options. Not happy, not angry... About half way you know?
iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By iLLituracy

Holy crap, that Power Girl is magnificent.

Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@iLLituracy: 

Thank you... I am going to re draw it about 100 times lol... The lines should be real clean by the time I am done... You can't take that human touch away from the first rendering however. Happy mistakes, they are fun to look at.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @tonis said:
" @Xavier St. Cloud: ah, if only more mistakes looked that good when they happen :) always love me a PG pic, sweet job. Great expression and the shading is way cool, has a lotta depth to it. Makes the lighting even more dramatic. "
I am my own worst enemy... You know how it goes... Yeah I love her expression as well, I wanted her to look like she was wieghing her options. Not happy, not angry... About half way you know? "
we would not feel if we didn't beat ourselves up on occasions trying to get where we want creatively.
Totally know the expression you mean, it's her signature look. Hard one to capture just right I think for artists, just easier focusing on her boobs I guess for most :)
Xavier St. Cloud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Xavier St. Cloud
@tonis said:
" @tonis said:
I am my own worst enemy... You know how it goes... Yeah I love her expression as well, I wanted her to look like she was wieghing her options. Not happy, not angry... About half way you know? "
we would not feel if we didn't beat ourselves up on occasions trying to get where we want creatively.Totally know the expression you mean, it's her signature look. Hard one to capture just right I think for artists, just easier focusing on her boobs I guess for most :) "

Her boobs are lovely, at that. I took them in mind... I like them big, not comicall like some folks draw them.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tonis
@Xavier St. Cloud said:
" @tonis said:
" @tonis said:
we would not feel if we didn't beat ourselves up on occasions trying to get where we want creatively.Totally know the expression you mean, it's her signature look. Hard one to capture just right I think for artists, just easier focusing on her boobs I guess for most :) "
Her boobs are lovely, at that. I took them in mind... I like them big, not comicall like some folks draw them. "
hehe, I like em all, I'm an equal opportunity boob inspector :) 
It's a tough decision with her where the fine line between too much and not enough goes. Interesting to see the different perceptions. You did her right, they balance nice. (++XP bonus points for actually balancing them as well)