Drawing on glass coffee tables is bad mmmmkaaaayyy!!!

Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Om1kron

I've been drawing a lot more recently, well today I was inking this new green lantern picture I finished up at work last night. I sat back to check my phone and my table just randomly exploded in my lap. you can see everything that was on the table in the glass. big bag of zip ties, some stupid candles (not lit btw) my xmen x-cutioners song, and haunt tpb. and ink pens. I guess the heat from my forearms was heating up the glass, then removing the heat from the glass (it's cold here in cali, so it was probably 50-64 degree's in my apt) and re-applying the heat. well yeah that causes glass to break. I found this out the hard way after microwaving some hot water in my favorite cup, then poored some cold milk in the same cup and it shattered. =( SCIENCE > ME

I've had this table for 6 years there was no chips in the glass, no stress fractures, no nothing. Talk about instant adrenalin rush. So I am going to pick up a legit art desk tomorrow, no more drawing on our coffee tables lol.  

however I have relocated to my computer desk with insufficient lighting to finish up.  

No Caption Provided

In other good news after this happened I went to go check my mail and there was a check for 1500 dollars from american honda due to a class action lawsuit I guess I fell into due to shady financial practices or some random crap I could care less about. So needless to say, thank you honda for the free WACOM CINTIQ 12WX. And for the Art desk I'll be picking up tomorrow =) 

No Caption Provided
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By IcePrince_X

For every closed door, there is always a window left open. 
Nice turn of events.

Nova`Prime`

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Nova`Prime`

Sweet about the free money, but I don't think it was your body heat that broke the table, tempered glass is some pretty sturdy stuff, there had to be a huge defect in manufacture of the table and it just finally showed, luckily your arms didn't go through. Sweet GL btw.

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So is playing Egyptian (the card game where you slam down on each others hands) on a glass coffee table.
The coffee shop disowns you when you crack them ( folds arms and shakes head wisely *

@Om1kron:
and Hellz Yeahs to your new drawing pad! Congrats! ^_^

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By tonis
@Om1kron: sweet on the tablet, can't wait to see what you do with that :) 
glad you didn't get hurt too, there's some potential for nasty slivers and shards there. Friggin bizarre.
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By sora_thekey

I want the tablet... 
and I'm glad you're okay!

DanPrice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DanPrice

Like everyone else, jealous of the tablet.  Sucks about the table!  Nice looking GL!
Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#8  Edited By Dark Walker

You must have been generating a lot of heat there.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By Amegashita

That tablet is beautiful.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#10  Edited By Gambit1024

Well at least your pic turned out ok, lol 

You should post some kinda review on the tablet. Thinking about buying one myself :)

Maniac2312

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#11  Edited By Maniac2312

They put the X-Cutioners Song in trade??  I've been looking for ONE (missing one in the middle of the run) issue of that since it came out >:( 
Oh.......and what everyone else said.  :<)
Om1kron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12  Edited By Om1kron

what really annoys me about the trade is they remove the issue references from the * notations.