#1 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Decided to share some of what I do just for the heck of it. Most of this stuff is what I do in class instead of taking notes, some of them are doodles I do late at night and then decide to color to procrastinate. Anyway, please let me know what you think. Any feedback is welcome:

MORE:

#2 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

Dat Poison Ivy..

#3 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey said:

Dat Poison Ivy..

haha what about her?

#4 Posted by Blizaga101 (941 posts) - - Show Bio

A lot of these are great bloody love the techniques you've used n such great job, enter some of the contests here would love to see more of your work

#5 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Will do :) Thanks a lot dude!

#6 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: I like her eye shadow.

#7 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Well thanks :)

#8 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty cool.

#9 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@evilvegeta74: Thanks!

#10 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

These are really good, I especially like the colored in Huntress

#11 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

This is really good! I am very impressed!

#12 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: @YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thanks a lot :)

#13 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by Glitch_Spawn (17132 posts) - - Show Bio

That's Zatanna! You are really skilled. We all want to see more!

#15 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

Your technical skills are great. Try some unique and innovative concepts to go with that. Makes the drawings even better if you capture a moment that fits the character.

#16 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Glitch_Spawn: Thanks!

@Red_Jack: What do you mean? Like draw scenes?

#17 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a Poison Ivy I doodled last night instead of studying for my sociology exam

#18 Posted by Red_Jack (285 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Yeah, like draw something happening. An image of famous comic characters or whatnot in the throes of battle can look even better than a straightforward portrait shot.

Or sometimes, an illustrative portrait shot with lots of background or a montage of things going on in the background give the viewer more to look at.

Mind you, this kinda thing is more my forte. I know it is more challenging though. I could spend days trying to draw the kind of things I'm explaining, but the rewards are a huge payoff.

#19 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Red_Jack: Yeah I know what you mean. I'll do more action poses, but these are all just doodles I do on the sides of my notes during class, there's not always room for entire scenes haha.

But I'll absolutely draw more action packed doodles, should be fun, and a nice change to just heroes standing around

#20 Posted by 1frankcastle4 (184 posts) - - Show Bio

great sketches

#21 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@1frankcastle4: Thanks!

#22 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Nice work! You are clearly talented, would love to see some more art from you (but please don't abandon your studies too much ha!) :-)

#23 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selinaky: haha thanks! Most of my studies are art related thankfully

#24 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's a drawing I did for fun while goofing off in class again. I'm pretty happy with it, I think it turned out alright. Let me know what you think! But if you have comments, post them here.

Batman vs the Joker
#25 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Honestly, on my first look Batman's arms look a tad short. When I look at them individually I can see how the perspective works. But when I pan out and look at the big picture the same problem occurs again. Not exactly sure what's going on.

Still, it's a lot better than what I've come up with these days. I'm rather fickle and I never have enough patience to give my sketches any proper detail. I've got a lot of 'em but they're all mediocre at best.

#26 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Hm I think I see what you're talking about. Maybe it's because the image gets distorted in the post, and is expanded to regular size when clicked to full view?

I was more worried about the legs and the cape. I think I made both of their legs a little too long, and I'm not sure if the direction of them is exactly right.

#27 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: Now that you pointed it out, that may be why the arms look short when viewing the whole thing. My brain is perhaps processing the proportions on all the limbs at once and used the legs as the standard.

#28 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@gunmetalgrey: Yeah I see it too, I think that's it. Now it's going to bother me haha maybe I can fix it in photoshop

#29 Posted by gunmetalgrey (1270 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: It works with Joker though, probably because of his usual tall and lanky build.

#30 Edited by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

Colored and tweaked in photoshop. The legs are still a little long on Batman, but I didn't want to edit it too much and end up ruining it completely.

#31 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Icon (2079 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, these are really excellent.

#33 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icon: Thanks :)

#34 Posted by ARMIV2 (8670 posts) - - Show Bio

Man, your work is great! How have I not seen it before?

#35 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

More stuff I did during class. We've got Impulse, Kid Flashes, Batwoman, Nightwing, and Jay Garrick

#36 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Saint_Wildcard (11272 posts) - - Show Bio

I envy people who know how to draw. Ive wanted to be a writer for cartoons and comics since I was 12 but not till now (20) do I realize I need to draw. Not chance in hell Im going to and Art Acadamy, so all I can do is practice and use the 100 dollars in drawing books to good use. Nice drawings, if eating brains would give me knowledge on drawing, yours would get eaten.

#38 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hero92: haha thank you?

#39 Posted by Om4zd (923 posts) - - Show Bio

These are amazing man. Are you going pro?

#40 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@Om4zd said:

These are amazing man. Are you going pro?

Thanks man :) That's the plan. Maybe not comic books, but I'm an illustration major so something art related.

Green Lanterns:

#41 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mbecks14: very cool!

#42 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Poet: Thanks a lot man! :)

More Green Lantern Stuff:

John Stewart, Sinestro, and Carol Ferris as Star Sapphire

#43 Posted by Mbecks14 (2068 posts) - - Show Bio

More Green Lantern Doodles from class today: