Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash abstract style using a Pentel red ink writing pen, yellow, red, saffron, and peach color art markers.

Cassandra Cain Batgirl "Out of the Shadows" abstract style using brush and art markers.

Will post more later. I know, again, these may not be to the liking of a lot of people but I know a few who do and who buy my art in this style.

Thanks for looking.

#1 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

Love this (especially the Flash)!

#2 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thank You very much for taking the time to check this out and to comment. I am very glad you like The Flash. I think it is the best of the abstracts I've done. Not bragging but I think visually it is the best of the group. Thanks again.

#3 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: No problem! I really love how you distributed the color too! It really looks like the Speed Force is enveloping him!

#4 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@YourNeighborhoodComicGeek: Thanks for recognizing that, it is exactly what I was hoping to convey. Awesome.

#5 Posted by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

Posted a Green Goblin and Catwoman. May post the Catwoman to the first blog because I am scatterbrained like that.

#6 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

You sell this stuff? Didn`t expect that.

I take it that DC hasn`t sent you any angry letters yet. It´s understandable though. They don`t care about "little guys" like you.

BTW, these are nice.

#7 Edited by Decept-O (7279 posts) - - Show Bio

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: OK, I guess.

Yes but I sell these and other pieces using Marvel and DC characters in different styles as "Fan Art". You can't list these as representing DC or Marvel, that indeed is where a person will get angry letters or more specifically, a notification from a company lawyer. When I first listed my fan art I made the mistake of posting "DC" in a tag and did get a notification from DC so it is ironic you mention that; I learned first hand what to and not to do.

I don't claim to work for nor represent DC nor Marvel or any other comic book publisher. A person can sell art using these characters provided they're listed as Fan Art. Just to explain, the comic book publishers don't mind too much because A. it is bringing more attention to their characters, and B. it is helping more people get involved with their comic books and subsequently buy them.

Additionally, there are hundreds if not thousands of artists who sell artwork featuring DC, Marvel and other publishers' properties as part of their offerings. Some even include them in their sketch book comics. I just sell my pieces as "1/1" or individual original pieces, though.

Just to add, I am selling my own original artwork using Public Domain ideas and characters, as well as my own characters and comics now and will post those later.

#8 Posted by kfhrfdu_89_76k (3768 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O:

Of course.