D&D inspired Comic

ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ordinary

I loved D&D 2nd Ed so much that I'm writing an obscure comic about it.

Check out the gallery here.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

@ordinary: Very colorful art and I like the perspectives used as well. Professional looking. Good luck with your efforts!

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By Billy Batson

Looks nice and good luck. 

BB

jamesewelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By jamesewelch

Looks nice. I'd recommend a few changes on the lettering/bubbles. I don't think they should touch unless it's the same person talking. Also, the callouts (the little arrow things from bubbles) might need a bit of work.

Here's a great page that will show you how to do everything from an actual comic-book letter:
http://www.blambot.com/grammar.shtml

He even has a few free fonts for comic-books (see terms & conditions for use there), that you can check out.

ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By ordinary
@jamesewelch said:
Looks nice. I'd recommend a few changes on the lettering/bubbles. I don't think they should touch unless it's the same person talking. Also, the callouts (the little arrow things from bubbles) might need a bit of work.

Here's a great page that will show you how to do everything from an actual comic-book letter:
http://www.blambot.com/grammar.shtml  He even has a few free fonts for comic-books (see terms & conditions for use there), that you can check out.
I agree.  I'm using Nate's Ale and Wenches font already.  This is a new way of doing the bubbles that I agree doesn't work and I won't be doing it again.
ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ordinary
    Here's the next comic in the main story line.  Got a bit lazy blending the second panel pencil style into the digital style.  What do you think?
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Decept-O

@ordinary: I love the touches of humor you are adding here. Nice job, good writing, entertaining, hope to see more.

ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ordinary

Trying to keep up with posting the story here:
I have another storyline posted at CBR forums to lackluster feedback. Thanks everyone for looking.
And let me know if you have any humourous D&D references that you want to see in the comic.

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By tonis

@ordinary: wow dude, that looks AWESOME! and I love the lettering job you did as well, very sweet production :)

You gotta throw an example of this into the 'panels' category of the monthly showcase, peeps should be catching this.

ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ordinary

ordinary

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ordinary

If only invisibility worked like it does in Oblivion...  "Eyes must be playing tricks on me..."