#1 Edited by Shatterstar (4460 posts) - - Show Bio

I know this is posted in the Harley forum but just in case any of our artists haven't heard about this yet:

http://t.co/tTKXC8SOjD

Harley Quinn is no stranger to a little breaking and entering for a good time and now, she’s going to help one talented artist break into comics with DC Entertainment’s Open Talent Search. That’s right, we’re looking for someone to draw one page of HARLEY QUINN #0 alongside some of comic’s most amazing talents, including Amanda Conner, Paul Pope, Bruce Timm, and a few other surprises, maybe even you!

Beginning this November, Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner will be writing the madcap adventures of Harley Quinn and they’ll need all the help they can get to handle her, so they’re opening the invitation to one undiscovered talent to join them. If you think you’ve got what it takes to be published in this special issue, then put on your working hat and start drawing now, because an opportunity like this doesn’t come along very often.

Submissions can be Pencils, Pencils & inks or Pencils, inks & colors. Please keep in mind, the level of your work should be of professional-quality, so don't feel the need to ink or color your work if you're only confident in penciling.

Oh, and did we mention that we’ll be reviewing the submissions ourselves to personally select Harley Quinn’s new creative accomplice?

Harley Quinn. One page. Published work. Breaking into comics was never this fun. ;)

Visit DCETalentSearch.com for more information and to submit your artwork.

Jim & Dan

- See more at: http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/09/05/break-into-comics-with-harley-quinn#sthash.10g6nXHU.dpuf

Credit

Deadline is October 1st, best of luck to you if you choose to enter!

#3 Edited by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8670 posts) - - Show Bio

That is awesome!

That is wicked cool!

@battle_forum_junkie: something for you maybe? :)

I dunno... I might try out. But, I don't think my work's comicbook level...

#5 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: Of course it is, to be honest your art has an animated/cartoony feel to it and it would really fit Harley Quinn. Good luck!

#6 Posted by Battle_Forum_Junkie (8670 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by KEROGA (1064 posts) - - Show Bio

O.o let the games begin

#8 Posted by lifeofvibe (3514 posts) - - Show Bio

@keroga: WAR!!!!!!

Side line man: geez loieez there stabing each other with pencels and pen!

#9 Posted by redscare (480 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by JLDoom (2310 posts) - - Show Bio

@battle_forum_junkie: You should give it a go, I mean you wont really lose anything other than some time but you'll still gain useful experience. Worst case scenario, you don't hear from DC again... but that doesnt mean they or any other company wouldn't hire you've honed your skills.

#11 Posted by TheManInTheShoe (3878 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly you have to be 18...

But, I kinda understand why.

#12 Posted by TommytheHitman (3441 posts) - - Show Bio

I would really like to see them do something like this for Writers...

#13 Posted by Dernman (15686 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Harley will get another redesign. I liked the old one though I was ok with them wanting to change her look. What I didn't like is the look she did end up with. It feels like she is missing something.

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7291 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatterstar: Thanks for posting this here. Hopefully someone with enough talent will enter it and potentially get chosen. If someone from CV gets chosen that would be rather impressive.

#15 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare:

Thanks, I really appreciate you keeping me in mind, the vote of confidence and the shout out!

The suggestion is noted on my end.:D