#1 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

DC Revolt started when I did a drawing of Wally West as Cobalt Blue (A Blue Lantern). I was lamenting the fact that the DC New 52 shed a lot of my favorite characters (Captain Marvel chief amongst them) but I gave it a chance because at least they were doing something. Then an online peer of mine (Karbacca) came up with the idea DC Primal. With DC Primal he re-imagined core characters of the DC archetypes (And did an amazing job, see for yourself http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic/8/dc-primal/657162/ ). So I thought, I'll make a team of characters left out because of the 52 reboot, that could have been pulled out before Flashpoint and now are re-entering the DCU. The team consisted of Wally West, Booster Gold, Captain Marvel, Ted Kord, and Stephanie Brown. Then DC came up with Earth 2 and I was like "Ok here is where the other characters are. Yay!" I saw the premise and it was the same old....same old. SMH. Then I decided, if you were in charge Tony, what would you do? Money where your mouth is. Therefore DC Revolt. A revolution and a recharge of the DC universe.

CAPTAIN ATOM

This is Captain Atom Colonel Nathanial Adams was a the attache for the secret Gotham Project back during the second World War. The project was set to try and create super soldiers for war. While observing physicist Al Pratt, the experiment he was working on went awry. Adams jumped to kill the power, but was caught in a wave of energy given off by the source. He became Captain Atom, America's secret weapon. He was going to lead the Justice Society to battle nazis. Something happened and Atom began to overload. He flew away in the hopes of not destroying friends or even....America. He landed twice....in Japan to huge explosions, and was never heard from again.

2005: The reopening of project Starheart has three unintended consequences: The creation of Firestorm, the escape of Nuklon, and the return of Captain Atom!

GREEN LANTERN

Guess who's planet didn't explode? In Revolt, the Kryptonians heed the word of Jor-El. They uncover the plot by their Brainiac system to strip the planet of it's natural resources and then self preserve. The Brainiac computer is launched into Krypton's star, and Jor-El is able to save the planet. As Kal_El grows into a young man, he graduates top of his class at the Academy. He is set to join the Service Order Class(Politician) when one night, a spaceship crashes into Krypton. Rushing to help, Kal meets the dying alien, Abin Sur. Sur bequeaths the power of the Green Lantern to Kal. He tells Kal that he must go to OA to train, but "Beware those who's power is held in their hands and not their hearts. Kal-El of Krypton, know this....the Guardians were not the first...." with that Abin perished.

After discussing it with his parents, Kal decides to leave Krypton for OA, to train in becoming a Green Lantern. Krypton gave him a hero's farewell and off he went. Kal has spent five years training with the Corps and was assigned sector 2814. His first assignment? Go to Earth and oversee the recent explosion of metas.

CAPTAIN MARVEL

William Rawley Batson was a Southern Baptist preacher in the small town of Fawcett, North Carolina. He was a loving husband and father to twins, a boy and a girl. After marching in some protests, Batson’s church came under fire by a white supremacist group led by Al “The Captain” Krieger.

William Jr and Mary came home to the horrific discovery of their house in flames, their parents inside. William and Mary were shuffled off to foster homes. Mary was adopted while Billy remained. He often found himself in trouble at school. One day, he stepped into more than he could handle, was severely beaten, and left for dead. In what he recalls as a fever dream, his father came to him, admonishing him to turn his life around. And he did. William made use of his convalesance to read. He read about mythology and the great feats of the heroes of legend. He also gained peace from an in-depth reading and meditation on scripture. He spent his nights dreaming of becoming a hero.

Billy began seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. He started to let go of the anger that had been consuming him. Fate has a way of forcing destiny’s hand. Billy was in the Fawcett City Bank when a familiar face came in. It was Al Krieger. He and his friends were robbing the place. Billy hid out of site…until his cell phone went off. The robbers scurried to his position as Billy fumbled, trying to silence the phone. As he was yanked from his hiding place, he saw the text on his phone read “SHAZAM!”, instinctively Billy repeated the word and in a blinding flash of light he became, Captain Marvel.

WONDER WOMAN

Odessa lived a passive life of an Amazon. She engaged her days with studies of the mystical arts. She longed for the day when she would be free to travel in man’s earth once more. She became a first class mage blessed by Hera and Zeus.

Then came Lt Col. Steve Trevor and with him, the opportunity for one Amazon to accompany him back to the land of man. Odessa leapt at the chance. Through ability and helpful magics, she found herself at odds and then bested by Diana, the Queens daughter. The Queen disqualified Diana and Odessa was chosen as the ambassador for the Amazons.

Wielding her magic forces, her lasso, and Amazonian armor, Odessa shines as Wonder Woman.

AQUAMAN

This is my Revolt design for Aquaman. Instead of taking the hardline impeached King of Atlantis route, I went the other way. My Aquaman rejects his Atlantean heritage in favor of his human heritage. My Aquaman became a world reknowned surfer. Then the King of Atlantis died, the kingdom is in turmoil, and Atlantis needs it's prodigal son....whether he wants to rule or not.

THE FALL OF THE BAT

The rain poured out of the sky onto the rooftop as leather gripped Kevlar. Tensions had been mounting, boiling even to the point where control had surrendered its reigns to anger. On the rooftop stood Batman, his erstwhile partner Nightwing and the recently reformed Arrow. Across the expanse of the top of Wayne Tower awaited their rivals; Ra's Al Ghul, Bane, and the traitor in the midst, Jason Todd.

After the Batman had turned down Ghul's offer to replace him, Ra's had made a move on the Gotham underworld. He was going to own Gotham, Batman's reason for being. He was going to destroy Batman. He started off by murdering the Penguin, then Killer Croc, then Scarecrow. While simultaneously bringing Bane into his fold, he began courting Jason Todd (who was currently serving a suspension from being Robin). He was able to pull Jason to his side. Through him he discovered the identity of Batgirl and the current Robin. Within days Tim Drake and Barbara Gordon were found murdered.

And it had all come down to this. Al Ghul's forces had seized the tower. The Batman and his allies cornered atop the sprawling monument to Thomas Wayne's life work. Batman was incensed. The drums of war beat loudly in his ears. He charged Bane, the manufacturer of his pain, his fallen comrade's executioner. Ra's drew his saber, offended that Batman wouldn't challenge him directly. Nightwing leapt into the fray blocking Ra's and engaging the Demon's Head. Arrow knocked his bow and the Red Hood drew his guns. In an instant, it seemed as if time had stopped........

........BLAM! Gunfire rang as the sound of saber and stick clashed and the wet dead thud of knuckle crushed bone. Batman had disabled the venom delivery system, broken his foe's nose and jaw (in three places) and dislocated his left knee in the span of three minutes. Bane was as a helpless leper against the wave of rage Bruce was expelling.

A quick toss of a bolo and a leg sweep knocked the immortal Ra's to the ground. Dick secured him and looked up to see the Red Hood pinned to the wall with several arrows. Turning to Bruce, Dick was astonished. It was the first time that Dick could not recognize Bruce. Batman was fighting like a man on fire, against an opponent who was incapable of defending himself. Repeatedly you could hear the sound of Batman's fist crash into Bane's skull as if he was hitting a ripe pumpkin.

Dick grabbed Batman's arm, pulling him off Bane. "ENOUGH! He has had ENOUGH!" Batman's eyes did not register as he lunged at Nightwing. The two began to brawl. For all of their skill, all of their training....they had been reduced to two men slugging it out in the rain. A punch, a kick, ankles twisting in the puddles of water. The rain was driving harder as the two circled. Kick. Dodge. The two wounded lions fighting for supremacy. Punch. Jab. Block. A knee to the sternum, a chop to the throat. Punch. A haymaker misses wildly; a tackle sends them to the ground. Grab. Tear. Slice. Nightwing kicks Bat man off of him. As Batman attempts to reengage, he is blindsided by a boxing glove arrow.

The Arrow helps Nightwing to his feet. Batman clumsily scrounges for footing. "You see Dick! I told you he was poison! He has turned you against me! "

"No Bruce, he hasn't. You did that all by yourself." Nightwing said as he and Arrow passed by the police who had just ended the siege.

"You are all against me!" Screamed Bruce. "All of you are against me! And I.....I am always alone...." Batman fell to his knees in a heap sobbing uncontrollably.

After six months, Batman had still not been seen around Gotham. Most rumors said he had committed suicide. The story of his "break" spread like wildfire intertwined with half truths and fantasy. Dick Grayson arrived at his abode where a note was left for him. "Dick, come to the mansion..."

Dick went to the mansion unsure what he would find. He met Bruce in his den, where he was sitting with Selina Kyle. Selina excused herself as Dick stood in the doorway. "What do you want Bruce?"

"The city still needs a Batman...."

"No....no they don't. Your ego needs a Batman. And what's with the Catwoman? What was all that garbage about bad company corrupting good moral character? Roy has been a godsend these last few months. You'd see how great an addition he would have made. Maybe if I dressed him up in leather and let you play grab ass with him, then would you have approved?"

"THIS IS NOT ABOUT SELINA!"

"Then what IS IT about?"

"This city still needs a Batman..."

"Then do it....you don't need....or want my permission."

"I can't.....I can't wear that suit again."

"And I don't want to. I'm sorry Bruce, people don't fear the Batman anymore. You've lost your edge....and your partner." With that, Dick walked out of the room nearly knocking Selina over with his glare.

"Trouble in paradise between you and the little bird hon?"

"I will repair that bridge in time. He is right you know, the Batman needs his edge back. Criminals need to be made more fearful....more cowardly."

"And just how do you plan on doing that Bruce, with your secret out now, you can't go back to being the Bat...." Bruce stood and looked towards the door....Selina spun around to see a large man standing in the entryway to the den.

"That must be why you called me. I see Nightwing didn't want the job."

Bruce smiled and opened a briefcase with a huge sum of money in it. "Mr. Wilson, the city still needs a Batman."

The End.

THE ARROW

Young, high, and rebelling against society....Roy Harper was a teen on the verge of self-destruction. What he needed was a hand to pull him back from the edge, give him a chance and mentor him in the right way. What he got, was the Joker. The Joker was looking for a sidekick to thwart Robin in his multiple conflicts with the dynamic duo. Joker took the street punk and laced his heroin with smilex. He named him DoDo (a knock on Robin) and took him into the fray.

Then along came Batgirl and Joker needed a girl....enter Harley Quinn. Harley and DoDo got along well....too well for the Joker's taste. He lured DoDo to an abandoned warehouse, beat him to near death with a crowbar and blew up the warehouse. Robin(Grayson) saved him in the nick of time. Robin nursed him back to health and through withdrawal against Batman's wishes. They became best friends. Robin wanted Batman to train Roy. Batman refused. This caused a rift by which Robin left Batman.

Robin assumed the guise of Nightwing and trained Harper himself. Roy showed exceptional ability with firearms, especially the bow. He took the name Arrow and the two went on patrol together.

Arrow was present during the Fall of the Bat.

THE HOURMAN

Born to Henry and Nora Allen, Barry Allen is a forensic scientist with a reputation for being very slow, deliberate, and frequently late. He had recently made a name for himself being able to connect Roland Desmond to the murder of his brother Mark (both were said to be "influencial" in the Central City Underworld), as well as being engaged to noted novelist Iris West.

One night, as he is preparing to leave work, he and his fiancee were confronted by Desmond's goons. They knocked him into a shelf full of chemicals, knocking him out. As he came to, he stood up to see Iris, shot dead. He ran to her, his mind ablaze, hoping....but no, three shots had murdered her. As he reached for her, he noticed his right hand....clutching a pistol.

At that moment, his assistant, Julio Mendez burst in with officers..."There he is, just like I told you!"

The officers lurched forward to apprehend Allen. Allen flinched in panic. In the space of a couple seconds, Allen opened his eyes and saw that noone was moving. It was as if time had frozen. Barry quickly left the station, went home to grab a bag and began to hit the road. After an hour, things returned to normal and everything started to move again.

Barry Allen went into hiding. He knew that Desmond was still after him, and now so were the police. Barry started to experiment. He found that he could stop and start time one hour for the cumalative amount of 1 hour within a 24 hour period. He not only used his newfound ability to keep himself alive and free, but he now wages a war against the Central City Underworld as The Hourman!

THE RED TORNADO

S.M.I.T.H. The Synthetic, Manual, Intergrated, Technology, Harness was a breakthrough for Ferris Air. The harness was constructed to help pilots who needed to bail out not fear of landing in enemy territory. The suit had a stabilized Athenium power source. Athenium was a clean running fuel source that could recharge by solar, wind, or electrical charge. But as all implements of invention, they needed someone to test it on. Enter Ferris' number one pilot: Hal Jordan.

Hal donned the suit joking that he was going to be Ferris' first super hero. They renacted a situation where Hal had to bail out. The suit was working perfectly. The SMITH AI unit, John, was interracting with Jordan helping him to learn how to pilot the suit. Hal started to show off, which unfortunately took him into unfavorable air space. Soon he was staring down 3 Russian Migs.

After taking out two of the Migs, Hal was blown out of the sky. As they recovered Hal, something amazing had happened. The Athenium bonded the suit with Hal. He could take it off by having it fold onto itself in the null space pocket, down to the size of a wrist watch. When the suit did this it was only supposed to be able to respond to the engage command. Jordan could still interract with his SMITH unit and run diagnostics, targetting systems, the works.

In several follow up tries, the results were disasterous. The SMITH units wouldn't bond, and there were some fatalities. Jordan was the only success. The project was eventually shut down.

Jordan became the company spokesman until one day at a charity event, Intergang tried to capture Jordan. He fought them off and protected the people at the same time.....and Jordan liked being a hero. The company agreed. Jordan would do his hero thing and be a giant running billboard for Ferris. Jordan accepted and is now the Red Tornado.

FIRESTORM

The Captain Atom Project started in the late 40's by physicist Al Pratt had been discontinued after Captain Atom disappeared in the explosion at Hiroshima. Al Pratt was presumed dead in an explosion at the lab several months later.

In 2011 Scientist Ray Palmer and his assistant Ryan Choi reopened the defunct program to see if it was still viable (this, after Captain Atom's reappearance).

They activated the machine (which created Captain Atom from splitting the atoms of a Dwarf star particle. The machine discharged again merging the essence of Palmer and Choi, giving the gestalted duo control over matter and energy. Their discovery was short lived as they had also opened a portal by which Al Pratt regained entry to our universe. Calling himself Nuklon, he battled Firestorm to his defeat.

Palmer and Choi continued their heroic campaign, merging when necessary to become Firestorm, the nuclear man!

FLASH

Doctor Kimiyo Hoshi was a prominent Japanese scientist involved with studying uses of solar power when she was called away from her work to study the cosmic phenomena. While observing the giant red sun Vega, a burst of incredible light slipped through a warp and struck Dr. Hoshi, rendering her unconscious. When she recovered, she learned she had the power of starlight. Her body became a living solar battery absorbing ambient solar energy and giving her the ability travel at supersonic speeds, channel solar energy into blasts, hard light constructs, and flight. Solar energy fortifies and causes the cells in her body to become more dense, thereby providing her a modicum of armor. She defends the world as the Flash.

#2 Edited by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

MARTIAN MANHUNTER

NEED TO KNOW: In DC Revolt, the Martians are not wiped out, in fact, they thrive as a society. They are split up into three different types: White( which retain the physical abilities aka shapeshifting, strength, flight, martian vision), Green( which retain all of the psychic abilities such as Telepathy, Teleknesis, Precognition, and Telemetery), and Yellow (the merging of a White and Green Martian which can exhibit traits of both). The Martians can transfer powers through various ceremonies such as unions and funerals.

After their first try at a universal guardian corps using the Yellow power battery, the Guardians chose to make their secondary force strictly non-human. In this, they commissioned the Green Martian Nation to create the Manhunter robots. They complied and were born, the Manhunter robots. The robots had no AI. The Green Martians could "possess" the robots and act as an agent of the Guardians. J'onn J'onzz was a multi decorated exorted member of the Manhunters. His deduction and investigative skills were second to none.

Then war broke out on Mars. The White Martians came against the Green Nation out of jealousy. A plot arose to disgrace the Green Nation's top Manhunter, J'onn J'onzz. They provided proof to the Guardians that J'onn destroyed a ship with thousands of refugee Yellow Martians aboard. The Guardians deactivated all of the Manhunter units.

J'onn was actually on Earth when the Manhunters were deactivated. He sat locked inside the metal robot inside of a warehouse until the warehouse was raided. The robot was found by Detective John Jones, who, when he touched it, psychically transferred the Martian to his own body.

Suddenly, one of the arrested criminals broke free and shot the detective. J'onzz took over and tackled the criminal (a white Martian in disguise). In the ensuing struggle, the criminal was killed and J'onn took his power to shapechange.

Now, J'onn has assumed the identity of John Jones, hunting down the white Martians on Earth and looking for a way home.

My Martian Manhunter is VERY different from the DC original. I took away a lot of his offensive powers and made him a psychic for all intents and purposes. He has some strength and invulnerability due to his Martian heritage. He is nowhere near Superman levels.

SUPERMAN

Just because Krypton did not succumb to destruction does not mean we live in a World Without A Superman. Meet Lex Luthor. A one time modest real estate proprietor, Lex inherited Luthorcoprs. when his father Lionel went missing.

With the rise of superheroes, Lex deperately sought to join their ranks. He had his R&D department working night and day trying to find the right combination to grant him the abilities to do so.

Finally, by fate, a meteor crashed on a Luthorcorps owned island. Luthor claimed Salvage rights.

Soon Luthorcorp jumped to the front of the pack of technological innovation. LC took the world by storm with it's leader, Lex, as the seeming source for this boom.

Lex then took the next step designing a self-sustaining battle armor equal to Ferris's Red Tornado S.M.I.T.H. system. Lex donned the suit and began to take to the streets of Metropolis as an armored hero.

Lex took his name from Nietzsche's writings calling himself The Superman.

SUPERWOMAN

Oldest child of the Royal family of the planet Almerac, the fiery-tempered Maxima came to Earth in search of aid to help her rid her homeworld of Brainiac. The Justice League agreed to go and help her. They left behind Ultraa, Maxima's brother and the heir apparent to Almerac, in case they were not successful.

They were able to drive Brainiac from Almerac, but not without a great price. Maxima drove Brainiac's satellite from the planet, toward their sun, apparently killing both.

Months later, Luthorcorp technicians were investigating a crashed meteor on a remote island owned by Lex. There, they discovered Maxima, barely alive. They brought her back to Luthorcorp and nursed her back to health. She had awoke with no memory of her former life. Lex tended to her personally, taking an exceptional interest in her.

As time wore on, attraction grew between the two, and eventually they married. Maxima was amazed by his ambition. A man with no powers who chose to attack the world using his genius and a battlesuit he developed. She even helped him create a clone.

Donning the name Superwoman, she now fights along side Lex and their son Xander (Superboy), and John Henry Irons (Cyborg) as Infinity Inc.

SUPERBOY

Xander is the accelerated grown clone of Lex and Maxima Luthor. He has similar powers to that of his mother on a lesser level. Strength, speed, and impervious to harm. Instead of the telepathy power his mom has, Lex stimulated regions of Xander's brain during formation changing his ability to tactile teleknesis.

Donning the name Superboy, he now fights along side his mother and father (Superwoman and Superman) and John Henry Irons (Cyborg) as Infinity Inc.

BLACK CANARY

In ancient Africa, there was a legend that the warrior Tantu asked Anansi the Spider to create a totem that would give the wearer all of the powers of the animal kingdom, if they would use the power to protect the innocent. Anansi didn't want the full power to be given to one man so she created three totems. One for the fowl of the sky, the Ndege, one for the animals of the forrest, the Arsaelen, and one for the creatures of the deep, the Raenya. Tantu took the totems and became Africa's first legendary hero. The totems drove him mad when wore in unison. Tantu split the three totems. Today the Raenya is possessed by Ocean Master. The Arsaelean is in the possession of Buddy Baker. The Ndege was later passed down to Tantu's descendants until it reached the McCabes.

Growing up in a small African village in the fictional nation of Zambesi, M'Changa province, Mari Jiwe McCabe hears the legend of the "Ndege" from her mother. Sometime later, Mari's mother is killed by poachers and she is raised by her father Reverend Richard Jiwe, the village priest. Reverend Jiwe himself is killed by his half-brother (Mari's uncle) General Maksai. Maksai wants the Tantu Totem, which Jiwe had possessed.

Mari moves to America, where she establishes an identity as Mari McCabe and gets a job as a model in New York City. She uses her newfound wealth to travel the world. On a trip back to Africa, she comes across her uncle and takes back the Tantu Totem, using its power to become the costumed superhero The Black Canary.

Mari can assume the abilities of any bird as long as she wears the totem.

HAWK & DOVE

Young, rich, and in love described two of the social elite in Star City. Oliver Queen and his on again, off again girlfriend Dinah Lance had become bored with life. The things that this world had to offer held no joy for them. They used their privileged lives and massive fortune to become Hawk & Dove, costumed adventurers. Employing the likes of Ted Kord, Michael Jon Carter, Carter Hall, and Michael Holt the group came up with several superhero identities. That is when they started to bankroll a capital venture known as the Conglomerate. The idea was simple: Become the adventurer you always wanted to be. When a crisis arises that you can't handle alone, use the H dial to summon fellow Conglomerate members to aid you.

PLASTIC MAN

As a Detroit teenager, Ralph Dibny was fascinated by contortionists, or people who displayed feats of agility and suppleness. He learned that all of the body-benders he spoke with drank a popular soda called "Gingold." Ralph went to work for the Soder Bottling Co. which manufactured Gingold at the time. When he found the super concentrated syrup that made the soda, he attempted to steal some. The vat he was tapping collapsed and Dibney was saturated in the fluid which hit a circuit box and shocked him.

As Dibney awoke in the hospital, he found his new elastic ability. He then sued the Soder company, for which he was paid a small fortune. With his new found wealth he began a life as a costumed hero, which indulged his second love; being a detective. Ralph found that going it alone was hard, so he gathered a group of like minded adventurers and formed the Outsiders.

GYPSY

Diana Prentiss, born on the island of Themiscyria to Hippolyta vied to become the island ambassador to man's world. She and Odessa faced off in the finals, but Diana was found out by her mother and disqualified.

Diana still sought to enter man's world. To this end, she drank from the oracle at Delphi which granted her precognition. She then used that to steal several enchanted glamours from the god Pan. These allowed her to become invisible and change her shape.

Diana fled from her sisters to Detroit where she met Ralph Dibney, the Plastic Man. Ralph invited her to join the group. Now, as an Outsider, Gypsy must be ever vigilant on the path she must forge, and the one she left behind.

BLACK LIGHTNING

Mary Batson was the sister of Billy Batson, Captain Marvel. After he revealed to her his ability, Mary jokingly tried to invoke the power by calling out Shazam. She was engulfed in lightning, and after a small panic, began to control it. She could generate it, mold it into shapes or fire it in blasts.

Mary took the name "Black Lightning" to be set apart from her brother but at the same time kept his insignia out of respect. Mary moved back to Detroit to see over her adopted mother's affairs after her death. There she met Ralph Dibney and was intrigued by his offer to join the Outsiders. Billy wanted her to join the Justice League, but they weren't right for her. So she took up with the Outsiders, which has caused a bit of a rift in her and Billy's relationship.

METAMORPHO

Rex Mason was an adventurer who was hired by business tycoon Simon Stagg to retrieve a rare Egyptian artifact. Mason also started dating Stagg's daughter, Sapphire Stagg.

In an Egyptian pyramid, Rex Mason was knocked out by Simon's brutish bodyguard, Java, and eventually exposed to a radioactive meteorite called the Orb of Ra, which transformed him into the Element Man. He gained the ability to shapeshift and change himself into any element found in the human body, or any combinations thereof.

Metamorpho returned to Detroit to confront Stagg and was continually twarted by Stagg's resources. When Ralph Dibney and Rex had met, Rex had found out that Stagg was keeping his son hid from him. The idea of joining the Outsiders appealed to Rex as it would even the odds in his favor against Stagg.

COMMANDER STEEL

Hank Heywood III was the Grandson of the first Commander Steel, the leader of the JSA in World War II. He was serving in Iraq when he was obliterated by an IED. He awoke in a hospital, approached by individuals who wanted to dress him with experimental cybernetics. He agreed and he was dubbed the new Commander Steel.

He learned that his benefactor was Detroit business man Simon Stagg. Stagg wanted him to fight his son in law Metamorpho. They commenced to do battle until they were interrupted by Ralph Dibney. Ralph cleared the air and invited them both to join the Outsiders.

VIBE

Uhm....it's Vibe.

#3 Posted by Decept-O (7280 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: When I have more time will read all these but the illos look great. Nice work on your renditions always love your colors. Must have taken you some time to do all these! Again, great job.

#4 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: Some very well made designs! I'm impressed!

I love your Black Lightning as well, never thought I'd like a girl version.

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92863 posts) - - Show Bio

These are amazing!!!

#6 Posted by StarKiller809 (1239 posts) - - Show Bio

Really amazing redesigns.  

#7 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Edward "Nigma" Gorshen was one of the Armies finest encryption decoders. Decorated several times for his service to the country. When his service ended, he returned home to his wife Leta, and his four year old son, Darnell.

Gorshen took a job with the FBI and quickly impressed his superiors. He couldn't climb the ranks fast enough, and soon found himself in the BAU. Gorshen was a deputy commander and profiler of a unit. Utilizing his degrees in Pschology and Psychiatry coupling them with newly attained degrees in forensic pathology he was a one man wrecking crew.

Gorshen was invited on the game show "Knowledge is Power". One producer said "They might as well cut him the check now" on his first day. The check was a 10 million dollar jackpot if you could go the whole season without being defeated. Gorshen easily disposed of contestants as quickly as they were put in front of him.

Then came a day where he had to make a choice. Having used up all his leave time, he had to resign from his lucrative job, or continue on the game show. The show would require 16 more weeks, time that the BAU could not afford to have Gorshen off. Gorshen talked it over with his family. Leta was firmly against it. They argued for days, but Edward finally decided to resign from the BAU.

And he almost did it. Greed, envy, two of man's less noble traits reared their ugly heads conspiring against poor Edward. The producers were in a jam. This was the first year of the show, they had forgone the insurance bond that would pay out if anyone ever actually won the jackpot. Edward was one show away from the jackpot. The producers devised a plan by which they would plant a 2 way listening device on Gorshen and reveal it on air to show he had been cheating. The plan worked like a charm. The device fedback through the microphones and Edward was outed as a cheater.

Edward returned home to find his wife had taken their son and left. Five days later, their car was pulled from a nearby lake, the mom having taken her life and the life of their son. The gameshow didn't pay one single dime to Edward, but was mandated by contract to give him all of the tertiary prizes he had won up to that point. On the day he laid his wife and son to rest, four trailers dumped over 2 million dollars worth of game show crap prizes on his lawn. And each and every prize was emblossed or monogrammed or tattooed with the logo for "Knowledge is Power" right on the side....a giant green question mark.

After cashing in his life insurance policy, Gorshen moved to Gotham, renting out a warehouse to store all of his gameshow memrobillia. For days, he stared at the junk: Toasters, knives, Tvs, Ski masks, knives, Rice A Roni, Jumpsuits, knives, jewelry, bedsheets, knives, Trays, knives, knives KNIVES! In that instant....Edward broke. Taking one of his computers, he went to the Gotham MCU database. Using credentials borrowed from former colleagues, Edward downloaded the database and began solving the cases, connecting them higher and higher as the ladder of corruption climbed. Like a crazed conspiracy theorist, Gorshen had uncovered secret connections, hush hush conversations and illicit deals made in the highest halls of leadership.

Gorshen also went and erased all evidence that he ever existed. He cut and seared off his fingerprints. Then....

What does he do next? Well, you need to figure that out.....yourself.

WUBQPMJ RBMQQMRGJ PGQ VENDA WMEB EJR FMJV UJ E OGIIGJW QCBMM. EV MENP NBGTM QNMJM PM FUSIR IMEXM E NISM. JUV VU VPM GRMJVGVA UH VPM TSBRMBMB, ZSV VU VPM GRMJVGVA UH EJUVPMB TMTZMB UH PGWP QUNGMVA EJR VPMGB GIIMWEI ENVGXGVGMQ. PM FEQ QPUBVMJMR VU VPM BGRRIMB IEVMB.

M = E

Michael Holt was a genius. While other children fiddled with Sesame Street, Holt was wrestling with quantum physics. He graduated college by age 10. Masters by 12. He currently holds 14 doctorates, and 17 Masters degrees. This led him to theorize on inter-dimensional travel. He theorized that if one could collapse their personal density upon itself, they could fold down to the sub-atomic level and regrow. Like most things, Holt was successful in his endeavor. He created a costumed identity and now protects Opal City as The Atom.

#8 Edited by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

The HUNTRESS

Cassandra Cain is one of the world's greatest martial artists, and a vigilante. She is the daughter of assassins David Cain and Lady Shiva and was bred to become the perfect killer and taught fighting as her first language, without ever learning to talk.

After a bitter split, Cain and Shiva were at each others' throats. Cain brought Cassandra to Josiah Power at age 11. He asked him to remove her from the world her parents lived in. Power saw in her the light of a hero and raised her to be one: The Huntress.

The BLACK VULCAN

Lt. Celia Forrestal was getting nowhere fast in the U.S. Navy. It wasn't because she wasn't qualified. As a pilot, she could outmaneuver anybody. But because of her gender and her race, her career remained stalled as a training instructor. Looking for some perspective while she considered leaving the service, she visited her parents, scientists and owners of Argo Technologies. Mister and Mrs. Forrestal had developed a personal harness that could absorb, convert and redirect energy. The Forrestals conceived the harness as a tool for peace, but it also had great potential as a weapon of mass destruction.

This invention called an Argo Harness drew unwanted attention from a mercenary group of terrorists-for-hire called Scorpio. Scorpio was a well-equipped organization always on the look out for advanced technology that could easily be weaponized. They attempted to steal the Argo Harness, but during their attack an untimely explosion killed the Forrestals.

Celia survived the explosion that killed her parents because she was wearing the Argo Harness, and she later used the Argo Harness to capture some of the Scorpio operatives who had caused their deaths. Acting on a suggestion from Green Lantern Hal Jordan, who identified with her because of her background as a pilot, she decided to continue crimefighting as the superhero Skyrocket.

Celia worked at a fast food joint in her hometown of St. Louis during the day in order to pay for the equipment she need to maintain and repair the Argo Harness. This is where Josiah Power found and propositioned her to join his strikeforce: The Elite.

APACHE CHIEF

Tye Longshadow was the grandson of Manitou Raven, the highest ranked Shaman of the Apache Nation. After his grandfather passed, Tye took the mantle of Shaman and the powers that came with it. A civil war erupted between Manitou loyalists and the new Apache generation who felt Tye was too young to take the mantle. The new generation won out and exiled Tye. That is where he came into contact Josiah Power who offered him sanctuary in The Elite.

DEADSHOT

Deadshot is often a hired assassin, regularly boasting to "never miss." He is capable of using a large variety of weapons, but prefers using a pair of silenced, wrist-mounted guns.

He was an assassin of the highest caliber, brought down by Batman and Nightwing. After serving his jail term, he met Josiah Power, who offered him company in his new group, The Elite.

The GUARDIAN

Jim Harper and his family grew up poor in the roughest neighborhood in Metropolis, nicknamed "Suicide Slum." The ghettos and tenements of the Great Depression gave Jim and his family little hope. Running the streets with his gang and his friend, Leo, Jimmy Harper lived a life of a petty thief. That's until a stranger offer him a chance to change his life. The stranger initially presented himself as Nat Milligan (later he revealed himself as Joe Morgan) and persuaded young Jim that physical fitness and education would give him the opportunity to leave the slums. Milligan hoped the young boy would become a successful athlete, and as his trainer, Milligan wanted his unorthodox holistic training methods recognized as better than traditional methods currently used.

Under Milligan's guidance and intense training, Jim Harper became a strong gymnast. After several months, Jim was ready to start his professional athletic career but on a return trip to the old neighborhood, he ran into his old friend Leo, who had become a hoodlum. On the run from other gangsters, Leo was shot in a drive-by shooting and died in Jim's arms. Deciding that he could do more good trying to help the community Jim decided to become a police officer and applied to the police academy

In the 25th century, after he was set free from jail, Michael Carter managed to get a job as a security officer for the Metropolis Space Museum, where he saw images of superheroes from the 20th Century that were legends in his time. Deciding to change his life and become a superhero himself, Michael stole some artifacts from the museum and used Rip Hunter's time machine to travel back to the late 20th Century.

Metropolis PD saw the effectiveness of the Batman in Gotham City and wished to replicate it in their city. Instead of the scary boogeyman, they wanted a shining knight to inspire the populace. To this end, they brought their proposal to LexCorp.

LexCorp designed a prototype battlesuit and weapons for a hero called the Guardian. Jim Harper was selected to become the Guardian. And Metropolis' new hero was off.

On his first outing, Harper was following Intergang back to their warehouse. Word was they had obtained some illicit tech and were going to use it soon. As Harper observed, they revealed their new accquisition...Michael Jon Carter. He was dressed in a blue and gold suit. Intergang was about to kill him when Harper got involved. Harper and Carter defeated the Intergang crew and Harper was impressed by Carter, offering him to become his partner....until, in a last ditch effort, an Intergang member blasted Harper in the face with a disentergrator beam. Harper was immolated to dust. Carter killed the gangster. When picking up the Guardian armor, Carter's armor reacted and assimilated it to itself. Carter was now inside the Guardian armor.

After a couple of days of laying low, Carter was contacted by Josiah Power with an offer to join his group...The Elite.

LOOSE CANNON

Eddie Walker was a homicide detective working for a division of the Metropolis Special Crimes Unit (trained to deal with anything from meta-human crime to alien invaders), led by Maggie Sawyer. Walker became known as the department's volatile "Loose Cannon" for his reckless attitude. Tragedy struck when Eddie was crippled in a car accident, and he was given a desk job. Suffering from deep depression, he considered suicide, but Eddie was luckily contacted by Maggie before he could bring himself to carry it out. Maggie asked Eddie to investigate a slew of murders in a homeless district. Unbeknownst to anyone, these murders were actually the work of alien parasites who'd come to Earth to drain the spinal fluids of humans. Eddie ended up being attacked by two of these parasites, but instead of dying, the crippled detective ended up inadvertantly gaining the ability to transform himself into a superhuman giant. After finishing the case, Eddie applied to the MPD's Guardian program only to be rejected. After quitting the force, he ran into Josiah Power who gave him new purpose as a member of the ELITE.

#9 Posted by cattlebattle (12997 posts) - - Show Bio

Thats some nice work, I love redesigns, and yours are pretty sick. What did you color these with may I ask??

#10 Posted by The Poet (8338 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH said:

Edward "Nigma" Gorshen was one of the Armies finest encryption decoders. Decorated several times for his service to the country. When his service ended, he returned home to his wife Leta, and his four year old son, Darnell.

Gorshen took a job with the FBI and quickly impressed his superiors. He couldn't climb the ranks fast enough, and soon found himself in the BAU. Gorshen was a deputy commander and profiler of a unit. Utilizing his degrees in Pschology and Psychiatry coupling them with newly attained degrees in forensic pathology he was a one man wrecking crew.

Gorshen was invited on the game show "Knowledge is Power". One producer said "They might as well cut him the check now" on his first day. The check was a 10 million dollar jackpot if you could go the whole season without being defeated. Gorshen easily disposed of contestants as quickly as they were put in front of him.

Then came a day where he had to make a choice. Having used up all his leave time, he had to resign from his lucrative job, or continue on the game show. The show would require 16 more weeks, time that the BAU could not afford to have Gorshen off. Gorshen talked it over with his family. Leta was firmly against it. They argued for days, but Edward finally decided to resign from the BAU.

And he almost did it. Greed, envy, two of man's less noble traits reared their ugly heads conspiring against poor Edward. The producers were in a jam. This was the first year of the show, they had forgone the insurance bond that would pay out if anyone ever actually won the jackpot. Edward was one show away from the jackpot. The producers devised a plan by which they would plant a 2 way listening device on Gorshen and reveal it on air to show he had been cheating. The plan worked like a charm. The device fedback through the microphones and Edward was outed as a cheater.

Edward returned home to find his wife had taken their son and left. Five days later, their car was pulled from a nearby lake, the mom having taken her life and the life of their son. The gameshow didn't pay one single dime to Edward, but was mandated by contract to give him all of the tertiary prizes he had won up to that point. On the day he laid his wife and son to rest, four trailers dumped over 2 million dollars worth of game show crap prizes on his lawn. And each and every prize was emblossed or monogrammed or tattooed with the logo for "Knowledge is Power" right on the side....a giant green question mark.

After cashing in his life insurance policy, Gorshen moved to Gotham, renting out a warehouse to store all of his gameshow memrobillia. For days, he stared at the junk: Toasters, knives, Tvs, Ski masks, knives, Rice A Roni, Jumpsuits, knives, jewelry, bedsheets, knives, Trays, knives, knives KNIVES! In that instant....Edward broke. Taking one of his computers, he went to the Gotham MCU database. Using credentials borrowed from former colleagues, Edward downloaded the database and began solving the cases, connecting them higher and higher as the ladder of corruption climbed. Like a crazed conspiracy theorist, Gorshen had uncovered secret connections, hush hush conversations and illicit deals made in the highest halls of leadership.

Gorshen also went and erased all evidence that he ever existed. He cut and seared off his fingerprints. Then....

What does he do next? Well, you need to figure that out.....yourself.

WUBQPMJ RBMQQMRGJ PGQ VENDA WMEB EJR FMJV UJ E OGIIGJW QCBMM. EV MENP NBGTM QNMJM PM FUSIR IMEXM E NISM. JUV VU VPM GRMJVGVA UH VPM TSBRMBMB, ZSV VU VPM GRMJVGVA UH EJUVPMB TMTZMB UH PGWP QUNGMVA EJR VPMGB GIIMWEI ENVGXGVGMQ. PM FEQ QPUBVMJMR VU VPM BGRRIMB IEVMB.

M = E

Do I need to say that I like this or is it already assumed?

Very cool (and I would say that even without Eddie...)

#11 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

thak you poet.  riddler is my favorite batman villain. i  was not amused with his new 52 rendition.  cattlebattle...dont laugh... i use crayons   colored pencils   markers and the occasional watercolor. i cant computer color for  crap.  i really want to   but old dogs new tricks and such.

#12 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13417 posts) - - Show Bio

Sweet designs. How long did it take you to come up with these backtories?

#13 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: I love the new additions. The Riddler is one of my favorite characters, and you did a great job with him. Black Vulcan and Apache Chief are cool as well.

#14 Posted by feebadger (1445 posts) - - Show Bio

Absolutely incredible. I am slowly making my way through your back stories and love them so far and your designs are just great. Love Hawk and your Batman redesign the best. Well done, FrischDVH . This is an incredible amount of work.

#15 Posted by Ms. Omega (4505 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow these are great I am loving the Hourman design.

#16 Posted by KEROGA (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

loved the riddler& dodo conceptss!

#17 Posted by photowill404 (105 posts) - - Show Bio

very nice art work love your use of color. didnt have time to read all of the bio's and stories but the ones i read were pretty good.

#18 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Hard to say, I would come up with one which snowballed to another and another and another. I think I have spent about 6 months on it total.

@Ms. Omega: Can I ask a question? When designing Hourman, I wasn't satisfied with it. Something always seemed off. A lot people have said they liked the design. What I want to know is why? I just don't see it. But also thank you for the compliment.

@KEROGA: You'll actually see DoDo in an upcoming pic.

#19 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33920 posts) - - Show Bio

These are sick. Love it.

#20 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

They all look really awesome.

#21 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (7390 posts) - - Show Bio

Lovin' these. Good work.

#22 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Legion of Doom: Part I

CHEETAH

Dr. Barbara Minerva was an archaeologist who had garnered a reputation to go to any lengths to secure an artifact. Her life would change dramatically following an expedition she led into a dense African jungle. She was searching for the legendary lost city of the Urzkartagan tribe. Deep within the jungle, her team was betrayed by their guides and ambushed by the Urzkartagans. Only she and one other, Dr. Tom Leavens, escaped by diving in a river. The two of them found the lost city while it was in the midst of a ritual. One of the other members of their team was sacrificed by the high priest, Chuma. The ritual had been intended to restore to health the ailing woman who was regarded as an avatar for their cheetah god. Before the ritual could be completed, outsiders attacked the village, slaughtering everyone but Chuma, who was saved by Minerva. The two were buried within the cave that was the temple to the god Urtzkartaga by a grenade blast.

Chuma explained that the ritual would have turned the old woman into a cheetah god. The ritual, which could only be performed on the full moon and required a blood sacrifice, restored the woman to youth as well. She had been centuries old at the time of her death. Minerva demanded the ritual be done to her so she could have her chance at power and immortality. When Chuma explained there must be a sacrifice, Minerva murdered Dr. Leavens, who had returned just long enough to free them from the cave in and forfeit his life. After she had killed him and drank his blood, the ritual began. Even as Chuma worked tirelessly, the invaders who had destroyed the temple were returning. The ritual complete, Minerva was transformed into Cheetah and slaughtered all the invaders. After the slaughter, the rest of Dr. Minerva's crew arrived finding the blood covered doctor. They chased her away thinking her a monster.

Soon, there was a reward out for Dr. Minerva for the murder of several people. She was wanted by Interpol. On the run and with no one to help her, she eagerly joined with Vandal Savage in his Legion of Doom.

CAPTAIN COLD

Leonard was a small time crook. Upon getting a tip where to score a load of diamonds, he broke into S.T.A.R. labs, specifically that of Doctor Freis. There he found the diamonds powering a machine used to keep the doctor's wife alive. He steals the diamonds and is found by Doctor Freis. The two struggle and cause an explosion. Both breath in a caustic experimental gas. Len sees the Doctor's skin start to turn to ice, and escapes. As Len arrived home, he was startled by an alley cat. The suprise caused him to emit a beam and freeze the cat. Soon Len finds that he can channel this power through objects. He also found he was no longer affected by the cold.

The police had figured out who committed the robbery and surrounded Snart's apartment. As Len prepared to fight back, a man stepped out of his closet and told Snart to follow him. Snart emerged in the offices of Vandal Savage who offered him fellowship in his Legion of Doom.

SOLOMON GRUNDY

The Seven Unknown Men of Slaughter Swamp have a tale. They recount the death of a miserly pedophile, Cyrus Gold, at the hands of an enraged mob. However, they also mention that Gold could just as easily have been the innocent victim of a misunderstanding, as Slaughter Swamp is a point in space where time means nothing.[4] The same Unknown Man who tells the tale, punishes another of his group, the Eighth Man: Zor, by dressing him in Cyrus Gold's clothing and leaving him for the mob to find, implying that Zor would later become the first Solomon Grundy.

THE RED LANTERN

Guy Gardner was born in Baltimore, Maryland to parents Roland and Peggy Gardner. His father was an abusive alcoholic, and frequently beat the young Guy while idolizing his older brother Mace. Mace eventually became a cop. After years of taking beatings and trying to impress his parents, Guy finally gave up. If he couldn't be as good as his brother, he decided to do the opposite. Guy turned into a juvenile delinquent, frequently getting into trouble and breaking the law. A bad boy and a criminal, he was constantly going in and out of juvenile hall.

After his 18th birthday, his brother finally straightened him out. When Guy stole a car, rather than let him go to city jail, Mace beat the tar out of him, told him to stop making people ashamed of him, get some real clothes and a decent job. He loaned Guy some money, and told him it was the last time anybody else was going to look out for him. Guy started working hard in school again, got a job and paid his way through college. He took his aggression out playing undergraduate football at the University of Michigan. Later, his brother Mace was revealed to be a dirty cop after drug dealers shot him and left him paraplegic. Rather than continue living, Mace committed suicide by drowning himself in a river. Guy Gardner went on to graduate a Liberal Arts Major from college, with degrees in both psychology and education. For a time he worked counseling prisoners, before settling into a more permanent job as a gym teacher for children in special education. Eventually, when Guy's father was dying of liver failure, the two would make peace and spend a week together before the old man passed away. Then a month later his brother passed. Guy was heartbroken and alone.

One day, Guy noticed something zipping around his house. It was red and glowing. Upon catching it, it beckoned him to follow. They went to an abandoned site and saw the dying form of Haggor. Haggor told him "The ring has chosen you be...you know what? Go F!#$ yourself..." And with that he died. The ring attached to Guy's hand and Guy felt anger pour over him. The rage engulfed him and he fell to his knees vomiting blood. Out of nowhere stepped Vandal Savage. Taking measure of the situation, and that someone already had what he was looking for, he offered Guy a place where he could let go of his fury....in the Legion of Doom.

THE PARASITE

Originally a menial laborer, Rudy Jones was transformed into the Parasite while working as part of the clean up crew deployed by Lex Luthor at the accident crash site. Unknown to anyone at the scene, Rudy was cleaning up a toxic spill curiously far from the ship. The spill reached out and grabbed Rudy, absorbing itself into him. The spill was actually a specimen aboard the ship, a parasite that was sustained on the lifeforce of others. Rudy can communicate with the Parasite, also having the ability to retract the parasite and take normal human form again. Jones had gained the power to absorb the energy of others, leaving behind a smoldering skeleton. This power was necessary for his survival as his own body is in a constant state of hunger for energy that it can't sustain on its own. Jones was accused of murder when he absorbed the lifeforce of his girlfriend. On the run, with no other place to go, Rudy gladly accepted Vandal Savage's offer of asylum in the Legion of Doom.

BLACK ADAM

Mighty Adam serves as Egypt's champion for many centuries, but becomes corrupted by the charms of a mysterious woman, revealed to be Shazam's evil daughter Blaze in disguise. The bewitched Adam is convinced that he and his mistress should rule Egypt, so he kills the Pharaoh and appoints himself ruler. Shazam learns of this treachery and strips Adam of his powers, encasing them in a mystical scarab necklace. Adam's depowered body rapidly experiences the aging process that the magic had staved off, and the former hero withers away into a dried cadaver in seconds.

Shazam buries both the body and the scarab in the tomb of Ramesses II, where he plans for it to remain for all eternity. In death, the former hero is referred to as "Khem-Adam" ("Black Adam"). Disillusioned by what he perceived as Adam's betrayal, Shazam waits several millennia before appointing a second champion to fight evil in his name.

Vandal Savage knew Teth Adam, and knew of the legend of Adam. After spending millions of dollars, he found and freed him from his prison. He then welcomed his friend into his Legion of Doom.

MERLYN

This is Lance King, son of the original Merlyn Aurthur King. Lance learned at the foot of his of his father, a member of the League of Assassins. At the age of 18, he was commanded to kill as his initiation into the League. Without a second thought, he shot his father through the neck.

Ra's Al Ghul kicked him out of the League for this undue show of lack of discipline. Waiting for him was Vandal Savage with a spot in his Legion of Doom.

COPPERHEAD

Nathan Prince the criminal known as Copperhead, first appeared in Gotham City in a snake costume. He committed numerous thefts before finally being apprehended by Batman and the first Batgirl. Copperhead then turned to more deadly pursuits as a super-assassin, constricting victims to a suffocating death with his costume's tail. During this time, he would become obsessive about his target and think of nothing until the target was dead, which proved to be a weakness at times as he would ignore anything he did not consider immediately relevant. Copperhead used the travel opportunities his freelance career to gain wealth.

One day he was approached by Vandal Savage who promised him wealth beyond imagination, and so Copperhead became the latest to join....the Legion of Doom.

DR. LIGHT

Kamo Hoshi is the twin brother of Kimiyo Hoshi (the Flash). He was visiting her at the observatory when he was caught in the beam from the Vega Star. His body had been transformed into a being of cohesive light. She thought he had died.

While conducting experiments with a solar powered set of armor, Vandal Savage was able to collect Kamo's dissipated form into the armor. Kamo found he could power and control the armor, Savage found he could control Kamo.

The two struck a deal for Kamo to join his Legion of Doom.

STAR SAPPHIRE

After a fatal collision with The Red Lantern of Earth, The Star Sapphire's tiara fell to the island of Themyscira. It found itself washed up onto the blessed mound of Earth that was used to create Diana daughter of Hippolyta. The energy of the tiara infused with the blessed earth, and viola....Donna was born. The amazons celebrated her conception...until the Star Sapphires came to retrieve her.

The Sapphires and Amazons went to war over the girl. after a decade of battle an agreement was reached. Donna would split time between the Sapphires and the Amazons. It served her well, learning both to use the sapphire and battle like an Amazon.

The day came where she was to chose, she chose niether. She chose to go into the world of man not as a diplomat, not as a saviour, but as a conqueror.

As she arrived in the US, she was met by Vandal Savage, who after some convincing, persuaded her to join his Legion of Doom.

#23 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

PSYCHO PIRATE

Roger Hayden is a disturbed young man, a young twenty-year-old who was sentenced to a year in prison for attacking his emotionally abusive psychiatrist father. His cellmate is Robert Halstead. Halstead's dying wish to have a legacy prompts him to tell Hayden of a secret which he has divined in his jail years, the existence of the Medusa Masks. These golden masks bestow upon the wearer the power to project emotions onto others. Hayden finds these masks, merges them into a single faceplate and uses its powers to become a supervillain. It becomes increasingly apparent that he is addicted to absorbing others' emotions, though it causes him pain, possibly brought by the combination of all masks into one.

It is not long before he realizes that the masks are absorbing his psyche. In his search for a cure, he encounters Vandal Savage who recruits him for his Legion of Doom.

TOYMAN

Winslow Schott was an eccentric toy maker. When he was caught trying to seduce children with his toys, he was fired from his lucrative job as a toy designer. Schott eventually started making gadgets for supervillains, in exchange for...."playmates". He was given the moniker, the Toyman.

The Batman tracked the origins of some of the Mad Hatter's gadgets back to Schott and interrupted one of his play dates. The Batman (Wilson...not Wayne) broke his back in two places, snapped his neck and crushed his orbital socket with his bare hands.

Amazingly, Schott survived, trapped in a prison of his own body. While in the hospital, Schott was met by Vandal Savage. Savage needed him to make equipment for his Legion, and gave Schott the chance to make it. Schott designed their base and vehicles and personal gadgets for the Legion. As for himself, he designed a wind up android with strength and speed and over a 1000 battle ready gadgets. Schott can psychically transfer his mind into the android, but when it winds down his mind automatically reverts back.

IMPULSE

Bart Allen had always been restless, but nowadays, even moreso. His brother, Barry, had been convicted, in absentia, for the murder of Iris West. Bart knew his brother was innocent, but didn't know how to clear his name.

While at school, they had a special seminar "Talking Speed Force Theory" by Professor Eobard Thawne. Thawne theorized that if a person could travel fast enough, they could travel through time. Bart engaged Thawne after the symposium only to find that Thawne had been working on a suit that reacted off of neurological impulses and gained momentum the more it was used. He invited Bart to come see it.

Bart and Thawne went to look at the suit. Thawne jokingly suggested Bart try it on. When he did, Thawne knocked him unconscious. Bart awoke inside the suit while it was being treated with chemicals. Then Thawne threw a switch. Lightning crashed about the lab, spilling chemicals, drenching Thawne. As he went to turn off the machine he was struck by lightning and disintegrated.

Bart ran, and soon found himself across state lines. Amazed at his new abilities, only one thought crossed his mind "Go save Iris and Barry". Bart went to the Hall of Justice to get in help in his endeavor.The Justice League wanted to help, but Bart sensed they wanted him to give up his suit and leave it to them. Bart lashed out and ran away.

As he continued his search he came into contact with Vandal Savage, who promised him what desired in return for joining his Legion of Doom.

BLACK MANTA

Approximately four decades ago, King Thar and his wife Queen Berra became the reigning monarchs of Shayeris, the capital of a group of Idyllist colonies in the Hidden Valley. Radical Idyllists deposed and murdered King Thar and banished his pregnant wife Queen Berra to Poseidonis, the capital city of Atlantis; there she gave birth to Garth, a child with purple eyes. Superstitious Atlanteans claimed that Garth had been born genetically inferior due to his purple eyes and banished him to a barren seabed leagues away from Atlantis. There he was found by the radical Idyllists and taken in as one of their own, and named Garth

Shayeris declared war on Atlantis and after a bloody battle, lost to the Atlanteans. The Idyllists were enslaved. Many a time Garth watched from his shanty as Prince Arthur was given more than he had ever known.

The news came, Prince Arthur had abdicated the throne leaving no heir. The Idyllists revolted and were scattered amongst the 9 kingdoms of Atlantea. Garth took the moniker The Black Manta and has become the number one terrorist/freedom fighter in the kingdom.

While acquiring weapons for his army, Manta was approached by Vandal Savage who offered to pool their resources in the Legion of Doom.

#24 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

A freaking amazing job man!

#25 Posted by OmegaTheDestroyer (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

Great Stuff!

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: Just to give you a few things I particularly like.

Cheetah - I really like the way you did the hair. It's a nice touch and contrast to the suit, which is unique as well. My only critic is that the mask looks a little odd, but not enough to take away from the amazing design!

Captain Cold - I love this. You updated his look for a more modern twist, which is needed for this character. No complaints here.

Solomon Grundy - Once again, flawless. You've made him look fresh, but menacing at the same time. The way you drew his face in particular is breath taking.

Red Lantern - I like this one, but it might be a bit too much armor. With that said, it is well done and the armor has spectacular detail!

Parasite - This look is the best that I've seen for him. It makes me think Parasite, not a weird alien with some powers. Great anatomy for this one.

Black Adam - WONDERFUL. It brings out the warrior in him, and I love that he just doesn't have basic tights.

Merlyn - Once again, I'm in awe of this. It's different from every other archer character around, not to mention screams villain.

Copperhead - I love the more classic take on this. It shows that you know your history and still can spin some twists in there.

Dr. Light - This is probably my favorite of the bunch. I can't express how much I love the flames, chest piece, and overall sleek look of this suit.

Star Sapphire - It's awesome to see her have some actual clothes on. My only critic is that the bottom of the mask seems a little out of place, but it doesn't take away from the rest of it.

Psycho Pirate - A nice design. I don't really know this character much, so I can't really critic it based on the past designs.

Toyman - This design reminds me of the Superfriends. An awesome shout-out to classic cartoons.

Impulse - You continue to impress me with the original Flash Family designs. It makes sense to cover their face, considering the speeds they move at. I love everything about this suit

Black Mantra - My second favorite of the bunch. You've managed to make a dated character look badass and modern. I applaud you.

If you want, I'll back through the others as well, just to give you outside perspective.

#27 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

GIGANTA:

Giganta is Dr. Doris Zeul who suffers from a fatal blood disease. She captures Wonder Woman and plans to put her "life-essence" into Wonder Woman's body using an experimental machine. Interrupted by Wonder Girl halfway through the experiment she ends up with her consciousness in a test animal gorilla named Giganta.

Desperate to return her mind to a human body, Zeul the gorilla abducts a comatose circus strongwoman named Olga with size changing abilities through unknown means, (though Olga was comatose due to a mysterious shaman) and uses the machine to successfully transfer her mind into that body and keeps the villain name "Giganta".

Following her transformation, Giganta allies herself with Queen Clea and the modern incarnation of Villainy Inc. in an attempt to conquer the lost world of Skartaris. Villainy Inc. is defeated by Wonder Woman, but Giganta is subsequently seen as a member of several criminal groups, including the Legion of Doom.

#28 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: I love the shout out to the classic printed costume. Great job and a welcomed change.

#29 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

THE SCARECROW

Allison Carmichael was Stephanie Brown's best friend, until Stephanie's dad went to prison for being the Cluemaster. Stephanie had to move out of Gotham to Bludhaven with her mom. Allison took a part time job as a candystriper at Arkham Asylum (In the minimum security wing).

She came into contact with Dr. Hugo Strange, who became her mentor. In acuality, Strange wanted to test the psychotropic effects of administering the fear toxin created by his partner Johnathan Crane as an internal solution as opposed to a topical absorbent.

Bane, under the command of Ra's Al Ghul, orchestrated a breakout of Arkham Asylum. Mr Zsasz kidnapped young Allison, and fled the hospital. He was found three weeks later in an abandoned farmhouse. Allison was there as well, assaulted and brutalized, barely clinging to life.

She was rushed to the hospital where surgeons attempted to fix her face and other injuries. Time after time, she sent surgeon after surgeon running from the room. They would later deduce that the exposure to the fear toxin had altered her adrenal glands in such a way that when people around her became nervous or anxious, she secreted a fear pheromone, quickly dubbed the Fearomones. Surgery could not be completed and her scars healed as such. She was aptly disfigured, her left hand even put on backwards by mistake.

As she recovered, she heard that Zsasz had escaped again. Allison vowed to bring his and other Gotham criminal's reign of terror to an end. She took her old Candystriper uniform, a sickle, and an old costume hat. She now wanders the streets of Gotham striking fear into the hearts of the evil as the Scarecrow.

THE MONARCH

"Chilli" Dexter Savoy was a lifer at Blackgate prison when Oswald Cobblepott arrived. Most saw Oswald as an easy target. On Oswald's first day he was encroached upon by members of the Royal Flush gang. Now, even the not-so-bright have a stroke of genius from time to time. This was Chilli's time. Chilli a magnificent specimen at 6'5'' 350 lbs and a former streetfighter, handled the members with ease and protected Cobblepott. He thought that while doing so, he would be able to garner favor with the much richer Cobblepott, who would make his stay more comfortable. Cobblepott reciprocated hiring Chilli as his in-house body guard. He even took Chilli with him when he eventually broke out.

Oswald renamed him "Monarch" and stayed true to his word keeping Chilli as his right hand man. After about a year, Ra's Al Ghul descended down upon Gotham. Starting a war in the underworld he sent Bane to kill the Penguin. Monarch and Bane fought fiercely, but Bane eventually overtook him and killed the Penguin.

Monarch was stymied for a bit, unsure what to do. Eventually he decided to honor his mentor. The Penguin had shown Monarch where all the gadgets and goodies were stored. Monarch assumed control of the Penguin's gang and declared war against The Black Mask.

HARLEY QUINN

Born Harleen Quinzel, she had been working as a psychologist at Arkham Asylum where she was assigned to the Joker and fell in love with him. This led to her adopting her own costumed persona, adapting the word harlequin, to assist him escape and cause further mayhem.

Later on, the Joker (trying to build a family much like Batman's), recruited a drug addled young man by the name of Roy Harper. He costumed him and named him the DoDo (a knock on Robin). To the Joker's chagrin, Harley started to fall for Roy, and Roy for her. this led to the Joker shooting Roy in the head and leaving him for dead.

Harley's behaviour became more aggressive as time wore on. The drugs Joker had her on unbalanced by internal stresses a more violent angry Harley arose.

Now she sits as the second-in-charge in the Joker's Suicide Squad. The enforcer willing to drop a foe as easily as a bad habit.

THE CATGIRL

Stephanie Brown was born the daughter of the Cluemaster, one of Gotham City's third-rate villains. Stephanie's father spent most of her childhood in prison or away from the family. Though he claimed to be "rehabilitated upon his return to Gotham, Stephanie was furious to discover that he was actually returning to crime without his need to leave clues behind. She decided something needed to be done. Stephanie tailored a costume for herself, and called herself the Spoiler. She knew where her father was hiding out, found out his plans, and left clues so that the police and Batman could stop him. Robin (Tim Drake) tracked her down, and she joined in on the capturing of Cluemaster. She also became attracted to Robin, and it annoyed her that he knew her identity but she did not know his.

Cluemaster broke out of prison, along with Czonk and the Electrocutioner. Stephanie learned of the breakout on the news. Her mother, suffering from depression, was struggling with an addiction to painkillers. Steph decided to don her Spoiler outfit and go after her dad. She ran into Robin, and he let her work with him, although they got separated. Spoiler helped Robin out and he gave her a kiss in thanks. Before she could find out if she would see him again, the police arrived and they had to part ways.

Stephanie was kidnapped shortly thereafter by the Gully Carson gang, working with Cluemaster, who was still behind bars. Cluemaster got the idea to use her as insurance, but when the Carson gang withheld his part of the cut, he contacted Batman and Robin and told them that he had been forced to orchestrate their schemes because they were holding his daughter. Batman located the Carson's lair and Robin freed Stephanie. She insisted on getting her costume and going with him to bring down the rest of the gang--against Batman's objection. They were successful, and Stephanie decided to pay her dad a little visit in prison. She also made her attraction to the Boy Wonder very clear.

Stephanie returned to Bludhaven, looking for any reason to go back to Gotham. Two weeks later, she learned of her best friend's kidnapping.....and the death of Tim Drake during the breakout at Arkham Asylum. By the time she got to Gotham, most of the smoke had cleared. There was a new Batman, with a new Robin and a new Batgirl. She felt lost. It was then, alone on that rooftop that she decided to end it all....and where she met Selina Kyle. Selina made her a proposition. She was helping Bruce with his WM satellite and Brother EYE initiative. She would be unable to carry on as Catwoman. She offered the role to Stephanie, along with her bank accounts and apartment. Selina confessed she was helpless watching Bruce go through the pain of losing Tim and Barbara, she offered Stephanie a chance to make a difference.....as CATGIRL!

CLAYFACE

In the 1940s a crook named Patrick "Eel" O'Brian was shot by a security guard and struck by a falling drum full of an unidentified acid, some of which entered Eel's wound. He was saved by the Crime Doctor I. The acid bath gave him the ability to change his shape.

O'brien became a foe of the Society and Batman more recently. He was dubbed Clayface as a joke by Wildcat. The name stuck.

Eel was on the set of Basil Karlo's latest film "The Janus Man", a contemporary retelling of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, to kill the director Nolan Kane. Bat man lured Eel unto a platform where covered in magnesium. Batman set the magnesium to flare to try to flashburn Clayface. It worked and clayface dried up, except one red hot piece that hit Basil Karlo in the face, sending him to the hospital.

#30 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

Great character designs!

#31 Posted by Icarusflies (12505 posts) - - Show Bio

VERY cool! :)

#32 Posted by KEROGA (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: AWESOME, your "DCuniverse" is epic lol

#33 Posted by YourNeighborhoodComicGeek (20387 posts) - - Show Bio

@FrischDVH: Oh my gosh these are good.

#34 Posted by grenade728 (748 posts) - - Show Bio

These are AWESOME!

#35 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

BANE

Born to serve the life sentence of his father, Bane's childhood and early adult life were spent behind the walls of Peña Duro, an infamous prison located in Santa Prisca. His mother was imprisoned with him, and remained so until her death when Bane was only six years old; at her 'funeral', Bane was forced to bear witness to her corpse being callously thrown by prison guards from the cliffs of Punto De Tiburon into the shark-infested waters. Though imprisoned, Bane's natural abilities allowed him to develop extraordinary skills within the prison's walls.

Peña Duro with Osito

He read as many books as he could get his hands on, built up his body in the prison's gym, and learned to fight in the merciless school of prison life. Despite his circumstances, he appeared to have found teachers of various sorts during his incarceration, ranging from hardened convicts to an elderly Jesuit priest, under whose tutelage he apparently received a classical education. However, he committed his first murder at the age of eight, stabbing a criminal who wanted to use him to gain information about the prison.

His time in prison served him well as he became the protector of another child prisoner, Talia Al Ghul. When Ra's invaded the prison, she persuaded him to take Bane with him. Bane was an apt pupil to the League of Shadows. As Ra's right hand man, he was both merciless and destructive. After a failed assasination attempt in which Bane saved Ra, Bane was mortally wounded. Ra used an experimental steroid called Venom to accelerate the healing process. Bane became addicted and uses it to fortify his own strength.

BATGIRL

Slade Wilson (Deathstroke) meets Lillian Worth on a search-and-rescue mission a few years after his divorce from Adeline Kane. His mission is to make sure that she escapes war-torn Cambodia safely. After an intermittent love affair with Wilson, Worth gives birth to a daughter whom she names Rose. Believing it to be in the child's best interest, Worth keeps Rose a secret from Wilson. Worth eventually settles down at a brothel in New York City, and during a time when Deathstroke is injured and a fugitive from the law, Worth takes him in and nurses his wounds. Deathstroke's butler Wintergreen discovers 14-year-old Rose and suspects that she is Deathstroke's daughter.

Deathstroke's half-brother Wade DeFarge, using the name Ravager, later kills Deathstroke's friends and family. DeFarge discovers Rose, captures her, and tells her that Deathstroke is her father. Wintergreen and Worth launch a rescue attempt, but Worth is presumed dead after she drives a jeep off a cliff while trying to run over DeFarge. Wintergreen successfully rescues Rose and escapes.

When he is commissioned to become the Batman. Slad finds it a necessity to have people watching his back. He chooses his army adorning them each in garb worn by Gotham's former guardians. His daughter Rose became Batgirl.

ROBIN

Little is known about the man Deathstroke chose to be Robin. It is suspected that it is his son Grant.

POISON IVY

Pamela Lillian Isley grows up wealthy with emotionally distant parents. She later studies advanced botanical biochemistry at a university with Alec Holland under Dr. Jason Woodrue. Isley, a timid shy girl, is easily seduced by her professor. Woodrue injects Isley with poisons and toxins as an experiment, causing her transformation. She nearly dies twice as a result from these poisonings, driving her insane. Later, Woodrue flees from the authorities leaving Isley in the hospital for six months. Enraged at the betrayal, she suffers from violent mood swings, being sweet one moment and evil the next. When her boyfriend has a car accident after mysteriously suffering from a massive fungal overgrowth, Isley drops out of school and leaves Seattle, eventually settling in Gotham City.

She begins her criminal career by threatening to release her suffocating spores into the air unless the city meets her demands. Batman, who appears in Gotham that very same year, thwarts her scheme, and she is incarcerated in Arkham Asylum. From this point on, she has a kind of obsession with Batman, he being the only person she could not control. Over the years, she develops plant-like superpowers, the most noticeable being a lethal toxin in her lips; she is able to literally kill with a kiss.

Lately she has forgone a criminal career to work for Bruce Wayne's Project O.

MR ZSASZ

Victor Zsasz was the head of his own international company and had amassed a large personal fortune in addition to his family's wealth. At the age of 25 his parents died in a boating accident, sending him into a deep depression. He turned to gambling, losing money in competitions around the world. One night, he ended up in a Gotham City casino, where he gambled everything he owned and ended up losing it all to the Penguin; afterwards he saw that his life was empty, driven by desire, and there was no point to his existence. While he was attempting to commit suicide by jumping from Gotham Bridge, a homeless man tried to assault him with a knife after he refused to give him money. Instinctively grabbing the knife, Zsasz saw in the man's eyes that all life is meaningless and that nothing nor anyone matters. He then proceeded to stab the man to death as a "gift" for saving his life. From then on, he dedicated himself to "liberating" others from their pointless existence (Zsasz often refers to victims as "zombies"). He usually preys on young women, but has no qualms over whom he murders. He slits his victims' throats and leaves them in lifelike poses, adding a tally mark to himself each time. He has been diagnosed as insane and is regularly incarcerated in Arkham Asylum courtesy of Batman, breaking out on occasion to carry on killing.

MS FREEZE

Dr. Victor Fries is an expert molecular biologist. As a child, he is fascinated by freezing animals. His parents, horrified by his "hobby", send him to a strict boarding school, where he is miserable, feeling detached from humanity. In college, he meets a woman named Nora, whom he falls in love with and ultimately marries.[1]

A year and a half after Bruce Wayne becomes the Batman, Nora has contracted a disease, while Fries works on a freeze ray. Fries' boss decides to tell the mob about the gun, leading Batman to create a team of specialists to help him do his job better. Fries decides to use the device on Nora, to put her in cryo-stasis, but due to tampering from his boss, there was an explosion which resulted in the death (supposed) of Dr Fries.

The firefighters sifting through the rubble found Nora, seemingly cured, in an atmospheric biosuit. Panicked, Nora stuck out her hand and encased one of the firefighters in ice. She ran, when finally getting her bearings, she tried to take off her helmet and nearly suffocated. The trauma started bringing back memory flashes of when she was in cryo-genic suspension. She saw it all, her husband's betrayal, murder, and his murderers faces.

Nora roams the streets of Gotham, striking terror into the hearts of criminals. Serving a dish, best served cold.....cold as Ms Freeze.

#36 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

THE BLACK MASK

At 26, Harvey Dent is the youngest district attorney ever to serve Gotham City, and is nicknamed "Apollo" for his clean-cut image. He is elected about six months before Batman begins his war on crime.

Dent, Captain James Gordon, and Batman forge an alliance to rid Gotham of crime boss Sal Maroni, who is murdered by Carmine Falcone's son Alberto. Falcone hires the corrupt Assistant District Attorney Fields to disfigure Dent with sulfuric acid. The attempt is foiled by Batman.

In a suprising turn of events, Judge D. Williams throws out the case against Alberto Falcone citing the alleged relationship between a city DA and a vigilante. Dent breaks. In his eye the law fails, justices, and that evil prevails. To this end, he begins his war on crime anew with the old adage: "If you can't beat them, join them."

Dent has a mask fashioned that can only be removed by an operator's code and a polymer solvent. The mask is of a black skull (thought to invoke passions about death in criminals). Dent uses his network of informants and intimate knowledge to climb the crime family tree. Eventually, he replaces the interim leader of the Maroni family, charging all of his underlings to wear similar masks and dubbing them the False Face Society.

Harvey now burns the candle at both ends. By day, he prosecutes rival gangsters as the Gotham City District Attorney, and by night he carries out exacted justice as the criminal overboss, The Black Mask.

TWO FACE

Basil Karlo was one of the first movie monster impresarios of his time. As Lon Chaney was "The Man of a Thousand Faces" at Universal, Karlo was the "Man of a Million Masks" at Warner Bros. A storied actor turned filmaker, he is lauded as a modern era Hitchcock or Poe.

At the twilight of his career, Warner Bros. decided to remake his first movie (and a smash both critically and monetarily) The Janus Man. It was the eerie tale of a man who could change appearance at will. This led him to lead 100 different lives, all with different personalities until one day he is struck with dementia forgetting which face went with which lie. The film chronicled the downward spiral of the man as he desperately clung the hope of figuring it out before one of his personalities murdered again. Basil won the Oscar in 1967 (trust me) for the lead role.

Eel O'Brien was on the set of Basil Karlo's latest film "The Janus Man" remake, to kill the director Nolan Kane. Batman lured Eel unto a platform where covered in magnesium. Batman set the magnesium to flare to try to flashburn Clayface. It worked and clayface dried up, except one red hot piece that hit Basil Karlo in the face, sending him to the hospital.

At home, recovering from the accident, Basil found that he was in better shape than he used to be. In fact, he took off his bandages and looked 50 years younger. He looked as he did in his prime. He looked at a recent picture he took last week, and to his amazement, he took of the form of his older self. He then looked at a picture of his wife, and took on her form. Joyful, he looked at a picture of a bird....but did not change shape. He found, that if he concentrated on the picture of a person (or memory) he could assume their shape. Strager still, when he touched the clothes he was wearing the night of the accident, they changed shape with him (into other clothes). Overjoyed, Basil began his life (lives) anew.

6 months later, he saw O'brien walking with his hoodlum thugs. Taking the form of Two Face (The name given to the killer personae in The Janus Man) he attacked them, killing the hoodlums before O'brien escaped.

Now, Basil lives his life(s) in relative peace, a doctor one day, a sailor the next, a dancer the next. Every so often, when he feels the urge, he takes the form of Two Face. When he does, all of Gotham holds their breath until his reign of terror is over.

THE VENTRILOQUIST

Cliff Steele was born to the Steele family of Star City. A very affluent family, they were stunned to see that Cliff was born, a dwarf. Cliff endured beatings and ridicule as a child. He sequestered himself to a wing of the state, away from all human contact save that of his butler, Gerard Pennyworth.

Cliff's parents both died as the subject of an alleged mob hit on Cliff's 18th birthday. As the inheritor of his family's estate, he was approached by the mob with the same deal they offered his parents. Cliff quickly took the offer and joined the family. Cliff ate up their acceptance and they took advantage of him at every turn, until they told him to give up his butler (who they believed to be an informant). When Cliff refused, they put Gerard in a coma and cut Cliff's throat, severing his vocal chords. When Cliff was able to go home, he found out Gerard had been moved to Gotham to be with his cousin Alfred, and he was still in a coma.

Cliff contacted Dr. Niles Caulder and Dr. Will Magnus to see if transplanting the brain of his friend into a robot body. Cliff arranged for the body to be taken and for the operation to go ahead.

Batman interrupted the operation, making it a partial success. No one knows how much of the mind of Gerard Pennyworth is in the Robot, but the robot does seem to slavishly follow Cliff around. It is also said that they can communicate telepathically and that Cliff can project his voice through the robot via their telepathic link.

To this end, Cliff abandoned Star City and opened up shop in Gotham. With a built in strongman, he now is one of the top crime figures in the Gotham Underworld. He is giving the name the Ventriloquist by his underlings.

THE MAD HATTER

Jervis Tetch is fascinated with hats of all shapes and sizes, as well as the book Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and its sequel Through the Looking-Glass, particularly favoring the chapter 'A Mad Tea Party'.

Tetch reveals that growing up, he never had any friends, due to his appearance. He finds work at Little Stories (an fairy tale themed amusement park), and at some point moves into a boarding house owned by Ella Littleton. There he befriends Ella's daughter, Connie Littleton, and her friends in her junior high school computer club, sometimes helping them with their projects. A few years later, when Connie is in high school, she becomes pregnant. Fearing the reaction of her extremely strict mother, Connie lies to her and claims she had been assaulted by Tetch. Jervis is thrown out to fend for himself. He takes refuge in the Little Stories "Through The Looking Glass" Funhouse.

It was a few weeks later that Connie had gone missing. Most suspected Tetch, but he was cleared when Connie called her mother telling her she had ran off with her boyfriend, the baby's real father. Connie's boyfriend Alex also called his parents confessing he got Connie pregnant and that they were leaving.

Over the next few months, several teens went missing, but all calling their parents within a week or so letting them know they were fine, and that they'd be home. Not much was made of it until Tetch visited a Bludhaven emergency room with an injury to his hand. It seems he had accidentally drilled into his hand.

At the same time, Bludhaven PD came across the person of Tamelia Atwell. Tammy had been reported missing 4 days earlier. She was barely clothed and barely alive with what looked like puncture wounds to her forehead.

As fate would have it, Tamelia was being carted in as Tetch was leaving. In a panicked state, she pointed out Tetch screaming that he did this to her. The police took him into custody and after finding out where he lived....went to the Little Stories Amusement Park.

To date, 317 victims have been identified. It seems that Tetch would invite teens or young adults to the park afterhours to drink or get high. He offered them his own version of "tea" with concentrated Rohypnol and Ketamine. The dose was so high, it could immobilize full grown bears. What happened to the victim next, took a perverse and insane turn. Tetch would take a standard drill and attempt to lobotomize his victim. After that, he would dress them as characters in the Mad Tea Party scene and put them on display in the funhouse without the patrons' knowledge. When they died he stuck them in a tunnel that led from his attraction to the Peter Pan attraction. That is where the police found most of the bodies....half consumed.

Just as twisted, on the victims that were not just vagabonds or transients, he would drug them, and make them recite messages for their parents, telling them they would be away for awhile.

#37 Posted by Captain Mansandwich (8 posts) - - Show Bio

these are awesome

#38 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

THE COMEDIAN

Jason, the son of Willis and Catherine Todd, lives on the East end of Gotham, in the Park Row district called Crime Alley. Todd's mother was a drug addict who died of an overdose some time before he began living on the street. His father Willis was working as hired muscle for Two-Face and had disappeared suspiciously following a botched assignment. Bruce Wayne sees to it that Todd is placed in a school for troubled youths which turns out to be Ma Gunn's School for Crime. Jason earns the mantle of Robin a short while later by helping Batman apprehend the gang of thieves. However, Todd does not wear the Robin costume (an improved version of the classic) until six months of training. Batman notes that while Todd doesn't possess Dick Grayson's natural athleticism & acrobatic skills, he can become a productive crimefighter by channeling his rage. He also believes that if he doesn't help the boy, Todd will eventually become part of the "criminal element."

After his defeat and apparent death at the hands of the Joker, Todd is resurrected by Ra's Al Ghul to serve in his League of Shadows. After the Fall of the Bat, Bruce seeks out Jason at Blackgate, to mend old wounds. He has him releasaed and reinvents him. Todd takes the name the Comedian in defiance to his greatest foe, the Joker.

SILK SPECTRE

Helena Rosa Bertinelli, the daughter of one of Gotham's mafia bosses who, after seeing her fiancee murdered by her father, vows revenge. Bruce saw that she could be a valuable ally in his new battle. Recruiting her, he had her become his intel and recon specialist, the Silk Spectre.

THE NITE OWL

Dr. Thomas "Tommy" Elliot is a childhood friend of Bruce Wayne, and was also born into a wealthy family. The two boys often would play a stratego-like game together, and Elliot would teach Bruce to think like his opponents and to use their abilities against them in order to win, which would prove useful when Wayne becomes Batman. Unlike Wayne, Elliot hated his parents, despising both his drunk and abusive father and his frail mother, who came from a background of poverty and willingly endured every abuse dealt to her and her son to keep her lavish lifestyle. Instead of defending Thomas, she forced him to memorize Aristotle, as a way to deal in a subtle, passive way with his father, something he never forgave her for.

Driven by his desire for independence and wealth, he cut the brakes on his parents' car, causing a crash that killed his father. His mother was saved in an emergency operation by Dr. Thomas Wayne, which enraged young Elliot. While at a summer camp with Bruce, Tommy attacked a boy and ended up in a psych ward. He irrationally blamed Bruce and his mom for his outburst, but he was soon released by an intern named Jonathan Crane.

During the next few years, Elliot tended to his mother and, while at first relishing the irony that Bruce had lost his parents, his anger grew when hearing about Bruce Wayne living a life of (apparent) leisure and travel, just the situation Elliot had hoped to create for himself. Shortly before Bruce returned to Gotham to take Batman's mantle, Elliot befriended, over the common ground of their unwillingly sheltered lives, a young woman named Peyton Riley, a relationship of which his mother never approved.

Elliot's mother herself unwittingly completed their transition to true villains: when she fully recovered from her cancer, she disowned Tommy and cut him off from the Elliot fortune in retaliation for his continuing relationship with Peyton. While denying Thomas what he had sacrificed everything to get, she continued to berate him and compare him to Bruce Wayne. Thomas killed her, while Peyton killed their lawyer and destroyed Mrs. Elliot's new will. As far as the rest of the world was concerned, his mother had died of a mere household accident, spurred by her weakened physical condition. Now the recipient of the Elliot fortune, Tommy abandoned Riley and began traveling the world, as his nemesis Bruce had. Although he went on to Harvard and became a successful surgeon, Elliot continued to hold an irrational grudge towards his childhood friend.

To this end, Elliot created for himself the persona of "Hush". The name fits for Elliot, who prefers to employ guile and manipulation in place of noisier tactics such as gunplay. Hush attempted to destroy Batman and failed. He was incarcerated in Arkham until the events of The Fall of The Bat. Bruce visited Thomas, and they made peace. Bruce got Thomas released into his custody. Thomas forged a new identity as The Nite Owl.

RORSCHACH

Jean-Paul Valley, a university graduate student of computer science in Gotham City, is unaware that he is the latest in a line of assassin-enforcers for "The Sacred Order of Saint Dumas", a sinister religious secret society. For most of his life, he has been brainwashed with The System, a deep level of psychological conditioning.

Upon the death of his father, who was also his predecessor, at which time his conditioning is activated and he is called upon to take up the mantle of Azrael. When he is sent by the Order to kill a weapons dealer, a rogue member of the Order who had turned against the others and killed his father, he crosses paths with Batman, also investigating the death of Valley's father. He works with Alfred Pennyworth to find the weapons dealer after he has captured Bruce Wayne, using the Batman costume to kill the other Order members. As Valley works with Alfred, demonstrating a detective's intuition in tracking Lehah's movements and later risking himself to rescue Bruce despite his traditional mission of vengeance, he is shown the error of his ways and decides to fight alongside Batman against the criminals of Gotham, rejecting his "birthright" and seeking Batman's help in breaking his conditioning to forge his own destiny. He joins Bruce as Rorschach, the human puzzle.

#39 Posted by FrischDVH (617 posts) - - Show Bio

GOTHAM SHRUGGED

Steam hissed as the hyperbolic chamber opened. The lab microphone chirped as a familiar voice came across. "Selena? How are you feeling?"

"Fine Bruce. Can I come out of here now?"

"Of course dear, all of your readings look normal. By the way, you look terrific..."

Did she? The thought crossed her mind as she looked down at her hands, now covered with a light glaze of purple fur. Had she made the right decision? Bruce told her that the gene-splicing would do this, but it would also give her abilities far beyond her wildest imagination. It would also fortify her for the coming battle. Her sense of smell picked up the scent of ozone just before the decontamination stream filled the room. The doors swished open and Bruce embraced her. "Bruce, do you you still find me attractive?"

"My dear, you are more beautiful than ever. My ever stalwart companion.....thank you for taking this step for me. Project O would be nothing without you." Turning around in the former Batcave, he stood before a giant computer. "Brother EyE, active." The screen came on, showingseveral point of views captured from security cams, cell phones, and such.

"Right....about this Project O. Care to be a little more open?"

"But of course, from this point on.....no more secrets. Project O is how I am going to rid Gotham of crime forever. I am forming a team to take on the crime families in Gotham. "

"How do you plan to do that?"

"Allison Carmichael, the girl Mr. Zsasz took last year. He nearly walked on that case because there was so little physical evidence. The defense claimed there wasn't enough to do multiple and control testing. So, I had my higher echelon friends put pressure to keep live DNA samples of anyone convicted of a felony. Gotham has become a war ground for criminals. Black Mask, Monarch, the League of Shadows, ....all of them. While my new team stifles the flow of criminal activity, frustrating the criminal element, Dr. Isley and I will be working on phase 2."

"Okay....but this new team, why not just make good with the Boy Wonder?"

"I don't want him involved in this. This is not his fight. Plus, I need the team to be expendable. I cannot afford to be emotionally invested in their well-being. But I need hardcore professionals willing to follow me down this path."

"And a crack squad you have assembled. Jason Todd? Didn't he try to kill you?"

"He is so much like Dick, but so different. Jason is willing to cross the line that Dick, or even I, won't. He'll kill. With this new batch of criminal element, I'll need someone who won't hesitate, someone who laughs in the face of death.....my Comedian."

"And Thomas Elliot? Hush....he also tried to kill you...."

" Thomas is a genius. He helped me design Brother EyE, and is currently helping Dr. Isley with Phase 2. He is wise. And we can use that wisdom.....My Nite Owl."

" Helena Bertenelli? Oh her father tried to kill you, so I guess she is okay...."

"Her father, Angelo Bertenelli the underboss of the Black Mask, also killed her fiancee...she is looking to even the blood debt. My ghost in the machine...My Silk Spectre."

" And this guy?.....I don't know who this guy is....."

"Jean Paul Valley....one of my last cases. We rescued him from a cult. Bright kid, showed a lot of promise...thought maybe he could be the next Robin, but he can get....violent. He is a human puzzle.....My Rorschach."

"And that thing....?"

"Heh....that was from Waynetech's R&D firm. Designed by a brilliant doctor named T.O. Morrow, the android can replicate the powers of any hero it touches. I theorized that prolonged contact would allow a rewrite of the brain of the construct to its target."

"Who is the lucky....Bruce, you are not seriously going to try to transfer your brain into that...that thing are you?"

"No....not in the least" Bruce walks over to another table. He removes the cloth to reveal the prone body of Tim Drake.

"I thought he was killed...."

"No, just a coma...severe enough though and....." the heart monitor stopped beeping and redlined. The eyes on the android spark as he sits up. He looks at Bruce.

"Bruce?"

"It is good to have you back Tim. "

"What happened? where am I?"

"Tim, you were on the verge of death, I put you in the only place I could to save you. But now you have the power. You are invincible. No one can hurt you again."

"I...." Tim looks at his body lying on the table. " I trust you Bruce."

"Good, son. You'll be Gotham's version of Superman."

"Like Dr. Gotham..." smiled Tim referencing the old pulp hero of the Basil Karlo film 'The City Knight'.

"Dr. Gotham it is...."

"So...." Selena continued "What is the end game of phase 1?"

"Selena?" questioned Tim.

"Phase one....we create a halluciongen using Dr. Crane's study and Dr. Isley's specialization in botanical pheremones. We hypnotize Dr. Hugo Strange to reveal that he knows the identity of the Black Mask. Then we sit back and wait."

"Wait for what?"

"I get it....you wait for The Black Mask to go after Hugo Strange." said Tim "Or for any of the other crime lords to go after Strange to get the info for themselves."

"Wait...wait wait..." Selena said. "Strange is holed up in Arkham Asylum. If all of the crime families go after Strange, they will be breaking into Arkham Asylum. That will cause a full scale riot."

"Precisely." answered Bruce. "Then when they are all in one place, we use our bio-engineered toxin to neutralize the lot of them. After Allison's law went into effect, we had every Gotham felon....including the inmates of Arkham's DNA by which we had a poison tailored to their genetic material. We sweep in and finish them off, and then go after their bosses, who have no protection."

"Wow, you are starting to sound like a supervillain....what makes you think someone like the Justice League won't stop you?"

"My dear Bubastis......" replied Bruce "Stop me? I did it 35 minutes ago....."

Selena turns to see the Brother EyE screen showing breaking news reports about Hugo Strange's press conference about revealing the identity of the Black Mask. Her hieghtened senses picked up the sounds of sirens all over the city.

"Come Tim....Let me introduce you to the rest of Gotham's Watchmen..."

"But" whispered Selena. "Who watches the Watchmen?"

#40 Posted by andrewtheking (960 posts) - - Show Bio

amazing

#41 Posted by KEROGA (1024 posts) - - Show Bio

WATCHMEN!

#42 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome!