Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By Press Oblivion

No Caption Provided

Written by JOHNATHAN GEOFFRIES; Art and cover by LEE JAMES and WILLIAM SCOTT ; 1:25 Variant cover by SPARROW DAVID

Comics newcomers Johnathan Geoff  and Lee James make history! In a universe where super heroes are strange and new, Mr. Terrific has discovered a dark conspiracy that requires him to unite the World Greatest Heroes! 

DC Universe | 40pg. | Color | $3.99 US

On Sale September 28, 2011

Didio admits to DC's HUGE oversight:

DC's attempt to wow their patrons, and comic book newbies, in September of 2011 has the industry on the edge of their seats in anticipation for what's to come of the world's most iconic characters. Re-imaginings of pop-cultures greatest icons will hit the ground running with all new number 1 issues featuring new looks and new adventures with a contemporary flavor. 

This particular  taste may not be to everyone's liking as it appears that the comic community is divided on a multitude of issues from history of stories of tenured characters to the whereabouts of some of fan-domes most beloved heroes. The question that burning at the lips of  the loudest detractors is that of the Justice Society of America.  The long time companion title of the JLA has been sewn into the hearts of many DC readers over the years, to the point that the JSA (published in the early part of the century) outsold it's counterpart for consecutive months running before being relaunched in 2006, minus the acronym. With this kind of track record supporting the JSA title, in every incarnation, one would think that DC might want to have a powerhouse title of this nature solidifying its relaunch foundation,  alongside the JLA and peripheral solo titles. Yet DC has lead everyone to believe that this is not the case.

I met with and employee of the industry giant in an undisclosed location where the image above and the roster within was revealed to me and thusly  the world. This employee recounted details of top secret meetings where Didio and Johns would hash it out over the future of the title and their place in DC going forward. In the later part of 2010, Didio was adamant that the title and the characters should be placed in limbo while the JLA built it's prominence, with nothing to overshadow it. But now due to creative and public outcry, the upper tier was forced to reconsider the standing of this title and team.  

In a haphazard fashion the creative team of Johnathan Geoffries  and Lee James was assembled based on a 3 year old pitch from the unknowns at the behest of Geoff Johns himself, sighting the potential that he saw in the synopses to build great characters and adventures on. The work began and within a day of receiving the assignment the team had the roster and 2 years worth of plot lines to the DC leaders. This source says that when the creative team was asked about their choice of characters for this line-up, they said that their decision was based on internet feedback of the DC announcement and discussions on DC's impetus at their local comic shop, sighting that there were a lot of folks concerned about Power Girl, Captain Marvel and a multitude of other characters that have been nixed or diminished to a point of oblivion, or seemingly so.  

The roster has been seen before in the pages of the JSA minus the anomalous  additions of Mera and Sister Superior. This image carries a deafening  homage to Jim Lee's cover for JLA #1from layout to team roster. It's speculated that the creative team wanted to doppelganger the JLA roster for a proposed event in the summer of 2012. Crazier things have happened but this looks like it would be one hell of a fight, rivaling the great match-ups against the Crime Syndicate.

This source also mentions that, miraculous and surprising,  support of Didio and other figureheads have made this venture fluid though no official announcement has been made for the book. So this raises the question of will this book be published or is this just posturing by Didio and others to appease or quiet the outcry of fans and professionals alike? This was the major concern of my source, a comic fan who's intention to filter this to me was to get the public behind the project before it's snuffed out. 

Spread the word about this if you're a JSA fan,a DC fan, or just a comic fan. Regardless of your taste for this title or the state of this project, let your voice be heard and perhaps you can help make a difference in the future of DC's new era.

This is a complete fabrication. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy the drawing. :)
TheRedRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By TheRedRobin

LIAR

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By Decept-O

This is in the wrong Forum.

Avatar image for turoksonofstone
turoksonofstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 24

#3  Edited By turoksonofstone
Gorgeous Art 
Gorgeous Art 
My guess for the title of book 53 was "Digital Crisis ©" but I guess your book is better. lol.
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

You sir are evil...

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DavidR
@Decept-O said:

This is in the wrong Forum.

Hey Bud, I think this posting was just a premise to show his art. Great stuff from Press Oblivion as usual!
PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PrinceIMC

Damn.....but I love the art.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decept-O

@DavidR: It is spelled "premise". I didn't see the "Hidden Content" when it was first posted. He could have just shown the image, which indeed is beautiful. I thought this was some kind of Fan Fiction or who knows what.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DavidR
@Decept-O

Your funny, you are right, I typed it and the auto correct gave me an option when I missed the "e" at the end of premise. Then I didn't pay attention to the word it replaced it with. My Bad.... ; P
the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

.... My Hopes= crushed

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Decept-O

@DavidR: Sorry I am being crabby. I have been on a spell check kick of late and I should stop. Despite that the artwork here is great even if I missed the boat so to speak regarding the intent.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DavidR
@Decept-O

Understandable, my spelling for the most part is pretty good but I'm not perfect and at times I make mistakes, thanks for pointing them out to the whoooole world!!! Just kiddin'!   (8 P
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Decept-O

@DavidR: No one is perfect, that is for damn sure. It is just spelling, and I should have left it alone.

Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Press Oblivion
@TheRedRobin said:

LIAR

That I am sir, and a fabricator . . . . . if I do it too much will I go blind?
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Thanks for the comments guys and calling me a LIAR, it only means that my efforts have touched you deeply. I thought that I would shore up my JSA homage with Jim Lee's original drawing for JLA #1. There are two formats, one is widescreen and the other not widescreen at 1600x1200. 

Thanks again for looking and I do apologize for the let down on this title. I would have loved to see what they do with a current JSA book in the relaunch era but if Superman is to be the world's first Superhero then the lineage of characters  like Alan Scott and Jay Garrick just doesn't fit into that scenario.  
I'm a little disappointed at the idea that characters like Power Girl and Captain Marvel will not be featured at the inception of this new era but I'm elated that Mr. Terrrific is finaly getting his own title!

I'm looking forward to what the future will bring for the JSA and DC as a whole! Perhaps one day I can contribute in a real way. 

Thanks again!
batman_is_god

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#15  Edited By batman_is_god

did you draw that yourself?
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Press Oblivion
@aztek the lost said:
I wish this were real just so I could have that as a finished comic cover

Awesome comment ! I really appreciate that.  I'm working on getting it to that level, though it will never be a real comic.

@batman_is_god said:
did you draw that yourself?

Yes I did. I lightboxed Jim's figures and dew in my pick for the JSA roster. I'm working on the inks now.
MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#18  Edited By MrUnknown
@Press Oblivion: Wow you're an awesome artist! I thought it was by Francis Manapul XD
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Press Oblivion
@MrUnknown said:
@Press Oblivion: Wow you're an awesome artist! I thought it was by Francis Manapul XD
Thanks! that is a really awesome comment and a great compliment. Thank you!
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided

Took me a minute but I did what I could with the inks on this one.   As some of you more experienced inkers might might be able to tell, there are a lot of little details that I put in here that are obscured in the scan. I hope to do more ink work though so I can get the hang of not over rendering with impossible details that will never see print. 

Not that I'm ever going to be a professional but I would like to get a sketch book or two together for shows and what not. I'll post a large format file at my website if anyone is interested in taking a crack at inking or coloring this one for themselves. 

I didn't notice until I started the inking process that as a penciler, I left a lot of ambiguous areas that I thought were complete that  weren't , which forced me to create on top pf the drawing to find a resolution for the problem. 

Thanks again for looking.  Onto the color.
EJ
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#21  Edited By harleyquinn12

That is gorgeous. Looks even better with the inks. And is that Sister Superior from the Justice league Elite days?
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided
@harleyquinn12 said:
That is gorgeous. Looks even better with the inks. And is that Sister Superior from the Justice league Elite days?
Thanks for the compliment, that's really nice of you! That is in fact Sister Superior :) You should read the bogus article that I put together for this piece and let me know what you think.  

In the meantime, here's another little update on the road to Title 53! I slapped on the logotype based on the Justice League heading that appeared on the latest previews solicits. I don't know if the bottom of the title is where DC is going to place the logo but that's were it is for now. I don't like that it's obstructing so much of the drawing btu Se La Vi. :p

Thanks again. :D
hpwaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By hpwaz

This is absolutely amazing! I knew it was a bogus article, but the art looks like it is actually from a cover. You sir are amazing, and deserve to be working at DC!
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Press Oblivion
@hpwaz: Thanks, that is very kind of you. Perhaps one day I'll get the chance. :)
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided
Been trying to get some time to put some flat colors on this one, I think that I'm about done with the faltting.

I hope to get to some color stuff over the next couple of days. 

Let me know what you think  . . . .if anyone is still looking at this thread.
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#26  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Press Oblivion: Suh-WEET!

gunjin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gunjin
@Press Oblivion: i think honestly that your character redesigns look a lot better than some of the stuff the pros have done. i went through some of your other work, it's not as obvious here, but do i detect a little bisley influence? or maybe fabry?
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Press Oblivion
@Icarusflies: Thanks, this coloring thing is a lot harder than it looks man . . . . wow pain in the arse. . . 

@gunjin: Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it. Yeah, man, I'm a big Bisley fan, I love his intensity and energy. I wish that I could paint as well as he and Fabry do, truly masters of the craft!!!!

As for doing better designs than some of the pros, I'm glad  you like them but I'm free to do what ever with these characters since I'm not bound by what ever restrictions DC has in place for their new run. I'm sure Jim & team would have done some really outstanding stuff if given free reign. :)

I always thought that the Alan Scott Green lantern desperately needed a new look so he was fun to redesign but was really the only one that it played with at all. The oters are still pretty much the same as they ever were, I just gave them the Jim Lee colar. 

Thanks again guys! I hope to have more for you to look at soon :)
Press Oblivion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Press Oblivion
No Caption Provided

OK, so this has been a really long process, but mostly because I haven't made the time to work on this like I should. My control over the coloring thing is a little lame at the moment but I have hope that I will improve in with time . . . though I have to make that time. 

OK, so not quite DC New 52 but the effort was made and I had some fun doin' it. 

Thanks again for looking :)  

P.S. In honor of Wonder Woman's bare legs, I guess that I'll have to give Power Girl some more skin in her outfit ?
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#30  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Press Oblivion: Oh man, that's AWESOME! Fantastic work!