Avatar image for inspiringmuffin
InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By InspiringMuffin

Last two DC 2099 were Batman related, so let's try a different approach this time:
King of the seas. Recently resurrected. But now, in the future! 

This contest will run for two weeks, more if needed. So that puts the deadline at  August 6. All mediums accepted, so go wild!

Zombie fish are optional, but not discouraged.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By CaptainCockblock

I'm in.

InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By InspiringMuffin

I'm going to be out of town most of next week, so I'm extending the deadline a couple of days. The new deadline is midnight, August 8.

mighty dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By mighty dude

I am in too.
InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By InspiringMuffin

Here we go, I've got a little story to go with this one, for the fun.

In the year 2099 Thomas Curry, the latest in the Curry line was born without the ability to breathe underwater. When the Queen of Atlantis was attacked by the Manta soldiers, He had air extraction units implanted into his chest that allows him to breathe underwater, but removed his ability to breathe above the surface of the ocean. Now he stays beneath the waves, protecting his queen.

No Caption Provided
DBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By DBed

I haven't enough time lately to play around in these forums, but when I saw an Aquaman redesign, 2099 no less, I couldn't resist the urge to throw something together! 

The drown body of environmentalist Davis Jones becomes reanimated as a vengeful water elemental when it washes up on the shores of a remote energy research facility in the South Pacific!

No Caption Provided
InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By InspiringMuffin
@DBed: Well, Game over for the muffin! That's pretty dang sweet, and I appreciate the Black Lantern-esque symbol. Origin reminds me of Swamp Thing, in a good way.  Very nicely done.
shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

Spectacular stuff dbed & muffin

Avatar image for cuttingedgekomix
CuttingEdgeKomix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CuttingEdgeKomix

frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By frischdvh

In 2012, the Legion of Doom sought to fullfill the Mayan prophecy and bring about the end of the world. The Justice League thwarted their plan and five members of the infamous group sought to escape. Lex Luthor, Circe, General Zod, Black Adam, and Protex.

"Zod you incompetant fool!" scorned Lex. "I told you not to attack until all agents were in place!"

"You do not rule Zod human! " Zod grabbed Luthor by the next and smashed him against the wall. Luthor exposed his kryptonite ring. Zod fell to his knees. Adam stepped in between the two.

“Cease this infighting...we stand together or fall alone.”

“Very well ....” said Lex as he gloved his hand. Zod lept at Luthor smashing his hand and ripping it clean from the wrist. Black Adam slammed Zod to the ground.

“Test me again Zod and find why my enemies usually do not live to do it a second time.” Scowled Adam. “Luthor, can the Braniac unit heal you?”

Luthor gaped at the absence of his hand, gasping half words and stammers. Luthor had merged himself with the Brainiac unit to become more than a mere human. Unfortunately, an EMP blast by Black Lightning had severed the connection earlier in the battle.

Circe turned to her compatriots " I have a way we can escape and get our revenge." Circe began her explanations and smiles crawled across the face of the men. She quickly opened a portal and as they made their way through, Zod tossed Luthor out.

"Sorry, Alexander" said Zod "Your services will no longer be required. “See us again when you get a new hand.....HA!”

As the portal closed, the JLA descended upon Luthor staring where his former compatriots disappeared. “Time to go Luthor,” said Superman “Maybe this time in jail you can focus that rage on something more constructive.”

“Yes....” said Luthor through gritted teeth. “Rage.....”

Flash forward to 2090, superheroes had lost their way. While some had continued to fight the good fight, most turned to ugly violence. Ends began to justify the means when stopping the bad guys. Often times, when the battle was over a clear cut victor could not be determined. Until the arrival of the new Justice League. Like lightning called from the Heavens they struck at the heart of the criminal underworld. They took on the names of the heroes of old. Zod-El: the son of Superman. Protex: The last Martian. Black Marvel: The latest avatar of the power of Shazam. Queen Circe: The Amazonian Sorceress. They were supported by one time Robin and heir to the cowl Damien Al Ghul. Within five years they pushed the criminal element into near extinction. They were welcomed as heroes by all but one.

Arthur Curry sat on his throne in Atlantis. He had not set foot on land since he left the Justice League. The reappearance of Damien Al Ghul troubled him. He recalled to his son Arion about the circumstances that led to his abandonment of the land dwellers. Batman had asked for his help on a case involving the Penguin and human trafficking on the Gotham River. As Batman battled Killer Croc, Robin persued the Penguin, and Aquaman followed. Arthur lost Robin and Penguin for a bit until he heard the screams. As he bust into the room, he found Robin beating Penguin to death. He threw Robin aside breaking his back, and tried to save the Penguin....to no avail.

Subsequently, Aquaman brought charges against Batman within the Justice League. The League ultimately sided with Batman and Aquaman quit in frustration. He left the suface world to its own devices.

The new Justice League had each set up their own base of operations. They started training “heroes” to follow their different agendas. In Metropolis stood the House of El. In Gotham, The Empire of Knight. The Pantheon reigned over Washington DC. In Los Angeles, the Alien Nation found roots. Finally the Kingdom of Thunder floated high on the Rock of Eternity. The new setup allowed them to further their reign. So much so, they expelled the Green Lantern Corps. From Earth. Soon, instead of stopping crime, they were instigating fights and intimidating those who stood against them, which were few and far between.

Until the day that King Arthur Curry of Atlantis once again came to land. His arrival was lauded by the masses that were feeling the pressure from this new League. Curry arrived on the East Coast with the Royal Atlantean Army. He was met by Zod and Damien Al Ghul and their respective forces.

“Silly little fish man, kneel before Zod,” whispered Zod. “And you can join the elite. Otherwise perish.”

Aquaman looked at the hopelessness in the people he once defended. He saw an anxious wave sweep over his army who were not quite confident in their ability to defeat the new League. He saw the courage well up in his son. Arthur fell to one knee to the gasps and cries of the onlookers. Zod began tto laugh. Damien turned away, as he did, Aquaman thrust his trident into his back, impaling him upon it. Turning to a suprised Zod, Aquaman shocked him with a volley of strikes. Damien sputtered then laughed. As Aquaman struck Zod, Damien’s form shifted to that of Protex. Aquaman took the battle to Protex. Zod looked at the Atlantean Army and struck at super speed. Within minutes the army was decimated. Zod grabbed Arion by the throat.

“Son of silly fishman, kneel before Zod!”

“ Go to Hell....” gasped Arion.

“Very well.....fishman!” screamed Zod. “Witness what happens to those who defy Zod!” With that, Zod snapped Arion’s back.

“NO!” cried Arthur. Zod tossed the limp body back into the arms of the waiting army. They then fled into the ocean.

Arion’s broken body was brought to Garth, the Atlantean Shaman. Garth looked into his eyes, “Do not worry tadpole, we can fix this.”  

“They still have my father! He needs my help.”

Arthur was taken to Metropolis. It was announced that he would be executed at the end of the week.

Back in Atlantis, Arion was adjusting to his new abilities. Garth had healed him and allowed him access to ancient Atlantean abilities such as being able to transform into a Merman. “Garth,” asked Arion. “I need to save my father, can you help me?”

“I know some…..people who would like to help.” With that four people entered the room. “Arion, let me introduce my friends; Garrick West, Lian Harper, Todd Grayson, and Donna Troy. Garrick, Lian, and Todd have been working on a suit of armor for you. Garrick?”

“The suit will streamline your movements allowing full fighting capabilities while not hindering your movement. This will increase durability and speed on land. Todd will explain the bells and whistles.”

“We have developed a toy called the Riptide effect. You will be effectively invisible in water. The coating allows for increased deflection of blunt force and direct energy attack absorbtion. Lian will explain the trident.”

“Arion, this is not your ordinary trident. It has a strobe effect, sonic burst, photon burst, and….”

“It is endowed with magic…”said Donna Troy. “Blessed by Posiedon himself. As well as these….(tossing a pair of bracelets to Arion) They will aid you against Zod.”        

Garth replied. “Superman was always vulnerable to magic. Zod will be likewise.”

The end of the week had come. Aquaman had been brought to a public stage in the middle of Metropolis. Zod began listing the charges against him. Then, a slight tremor, followed by a strengthening rumble. Water burst forth from the ground at the feet of Zod. Up from the ground erupted, the new Aquaman.

“Let him go…..”

“Well Son of silly fishman….let’s end this…PROTEX!”

The white martian lept at Aquaman. Striking his trident into the ground (and an underlying gas main) fire ripped through the air at Protex. Consumed by the conflagration, Protex fell and whimpered. Routed, he flew away.

“You impress me fishman. I will kill you slowly….” Zod joined in thunderous battle with Aquaman. Each using their varied skills to attack one another. Slowly, Zod’s power rebuffed the advanced assault of Aquaman. Closing in, Zod snatched him up by the neck holding him above his head. “If you will not kneel before Zod, you will die!”

Suddenly, a red beam burnt through the air and obliterated the hand Zod was using to hold Aquaman. Taking advantage of the distraction, Arion dropped into the water they were standing in, went invisible, grabbed his trident and impaled Zod, killing him. As Arion helped free his father, to the roars of the crowds, he looked for a source of the energy.

Later, back in Atlantis, Arion was lauded for his heroic deeds in the face of danger.

“What plans have you now, son?”

“I’m going to become the new Aquaman, with your blessing father…..”

“Go forth and do me proud son, let Atlantis and the world cheer the new Aquaman!”

EPILOGUE: (The Moon)

A blank computer screen activates. “Mission accomplished, Brainiac desgnate: Red Lantern Lex Luthor. End Mission?”

“No computer, said the construct, my rage is not yet sated.”

The End. 

No Caption Provided

From left to right: Zod, Protex, Circe, Damien Al Ghul, and Black Marvel.

Avatar image for cuttingedgekomix
CuttingEdgeKomix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By CuttingEdgeKomix
@FrischDVH:
overload of coolness as always.
Avatar image for aman_about_town
Aman.About.Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Aman.About.Town

Though the original Arthur Curry is long dead, his consciousness lives on, telepathically bonded to a school of fish and their descendants.
InspiringMuffin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By InspiringMuffin
@CuttingEdgeKomix: Interesting. Is this a feral Aquaman? What's going down here? Backstory!
@FrischDVH: Sweet pics, sweet story, all in all: Sweet. 
 @Aman.About.Town:  Great Design, Great colors. On a side note, have you read Umbrella Academy: Dallas? I just ask because it has the kind of fish in a jar head character, If you haven't had a look, go check it out (It's a great story to boot)! I get the feeling those fish are looking to mess someone up!
Avatar image for aman_about_town
Aman.About.Town

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Aman.About.Town
@InspiringMuffin: Thank you! :) ...I have not read Umbrella Academy: Dallas, but I will have to check it out. I actually had Mr. Freeze from Batman Beyond in mind when I came up with this. And the tentacles were a happy accident because I got frustrated trying to fit an arm in at that angle. :)
gallagher410

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By gallagher410
@FrischDVH: 
 Damien WAYNE haha nice art man