• 71 results
#1 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

I asked for an assist with this incarnation of the DC 2099 contest by contacting the imaginative Comic Viner The Dark Huntress. She came up with a suggestion I think is great and relevant to DC.

BATGIRL. 2099. Barbara Gordon's incarnation as BATGIRL.

Batgirl by Marcio Takara
Batgirl by Ty Romsa
Batgirl #1 cover - Adam Hughes

Deadline will be September 10th, 2011@ Midnight Central Standard Time USA.

Have fun and any medium accepted.

EDIT: To avoid any problems, please don't use Barbara's incarnation as Oracle, avoid using Cassandra Cain's Batgirl costume. Just Barbara Gordon as Batgirl, please. Again, please have fun!

#2 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

uhh....hm, ok, roger. on it.

#3 Posted by Mercy_ (92501 posts) - - Show Bio

WOOT! :D Thanks again for letting me pick ^__^

#4 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll throw my hat into this ring.

#5 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: haha, yea I do like this one. Although I don't totally get the using Barbara or Cassandra thing, I figure your saying Batgirl 2099 for the most part right?

Unless your wanting Barbara 78 years from now, actually being batgirl. Neither person would likely be the one kickin it then. (although a grand-daughter with the same name would explain it - or a 'proxy' android she invented)

I'm not really familiar with most of the other characters other than Barbara so I wouldn't even know if I was 'going there' with an idea. So if there is a rule, what should one actually be avoiding? Are we making Barbara 2099 or Batgirl 2099? What exactly would be considered rejectable?

I know with my current schedule I won't have any more time than to stab at this once so it's best to figure this out before I start ;)

#6 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Dark Huntress: No problemo says Decept-O.@tonis: Simply avoid using Cassandra Cain's Batgirl costume. It is significantly different than the classic Batgirl one. That is the main thing here. Its Dark Huntress' choice.

#7 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:. I am saying Barbara Gordon that version as Batgirl as the base idea. Yes, anything off her, granddaughter, what have you, its just the costume idea with her red hair. Cassandra has a different costume. EDIT: Batgirl 2099. Not the Cassandra Cain version.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio

man I love that first image by Marcio Takara

#9 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@CaptainCockblock: Cool, looking forward to it. @danhimself: Indeed, it is awesome.

#10 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: I've never heard of this person before...I love this style of art...it's very similar to Sean "Cheeks" Galloway's work....deviantart here I come!!!
#11 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Have to admit I don't recall his name either its just the images uploaded with the captions and the respective names of the artists. I didn't want to remove the names this time because all these images are beautiful. Yeah I think I will have to do the same thing!

#12 Posted by danhimself (22276 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O: apparently he's been doing work on Incorruptible
#13 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O said:

@tonis:. I am saying Barbara Gordon that version as Batgirl as the base idea. Yes, anything off her, granddaughter, what have you, its just the costume idea with her red hair. Cassandra has a different costume. EDIT: Batgirl 2099. Not the Cassandra Cain version.

ok, I got the avoid a certain costume and shy towards another.

red hair a requirement? cause if I do Barbara actually in there it aint gonna be red no more (and I think it could be still possible that she's out there even then) :)

I don't mean to sound like the stick in the mud but let's establish what criteria would get 'rejected' cause we don't need to repeat past incidents. The jist I got is we're looking for a Batgirl 2099 with a Barbara'ish tinge to her. If there is something that's an actual 'rule' let's hear it before anyone submits a picture cause I gotta say afterwards blows donkey balls.

#14 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Red hair not a requirement. OK. Dark Huntress asked to use Barbara Gordon as Batgirl. She was Batgirl then Oracle and will now appear as Batgirl again with DC's revamp. Please avoid using Oracle. Please avoid using Cassandra Cain's costume. Avoid using the recent "Tron" version of Batgirl as recently seen if possible. Just work off the "classic" Batgirl costume, that's the main thing.

What would get rejected mainly is a Batgirl with Cassandra's costume design. Any medium accepted. Hoping this is OK.

#15 Posted by Icarusflies (12457 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Tonis, they're asking for a 2099 based on Barbara Gordon's Batgirl.

#16 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio

cool, can't wait to see all to come =)
#17 Edited by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

So this is like if she quits being the Commissioner and becomes Batgirl again? 

#18 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg: No, all that is being asked is to do a 2099 version of Batgirl. The 2099 contest is about "futurizing" the look of a DC character. Not asking to have Barbara Gordon as being elderly. The goal is to "2099" her costume design and if anyone wants to write a story using Barbara Gordon, that is the idea here. Its her costume and not anyone else, like Cassandra Cain.

JUST BATGIRL. I must not have been clear enough. Sorry.

If anyone has any further questions, please PM me or ask a Moderator.

#19 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio
@Decept-O said:

@fodigg: Not asking to have Barbara Gordon as being elderly.

Now I'm sad. That could've been awesome.
#20 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:
man I love that first image by Marcio Takara
Me too
#21 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

If I can't get a colored version in on time, this'll be my entry, but I hope I can. 

#22 Edited by Thepowercosmic (940 posts) - - Show Bio

I cut one hand and a eye off just for fun. 
#23 Posted by Thepowercosmic (940 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: Nice job.
#24 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

And I know, my drawing looks a little more like Cassandra Cain, but the Barbara Gordon side starts to come out in the color scheme.

#25 Posted by Bestostero (5618 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome idea!

#26 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thepowercosmic: Thanks!
#27 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
#28 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@Decept-O said:

@fodigg: Not asking to have Barbara Gordon as being elderly.

Now I'm sad. That could've been awesome.

hehe, well with the initial origin idea I've been having I think it's 'doable' in a freaky futuristic way :)

Hoping the power cooperates this weekend with this hurricane and I can do this before heading out next week, actually itching to try this idea out.

#29 Edited by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

my entry: 

to be entered.

edit: this didn't happen.

#30 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

holy crap the ideas are coming in fast and furious, that's some serious awesome sauce for the first 24 hours peeps. We got much BG love here :)

#31 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: yeah... i prolly should read all the comments before i posted haha. i aint trying to ruffle no feathers. i'll just do another one. when's yours due man?
#32 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

ARTISTS: The idea here is to use Barbara Gordon's Batgirl guise. Dark Huntress isn't asking to show her elderly. This is being taken too literal. The 2099 contest is about "futurizing" a character and/or costume. You don't have to be literal nor anything else and make her elderly. You don't have to come up with a story, its just the concept, the image of Batgirl in a futuristic guise!

Subsequently I have asked Mods to help with this one and when it goes to voting. Looks my effort to do something fun and a bit different isn't receiving a good reception. I really thought I was doing something relatively simple on Dark Huntress' behalf.

Will be off the site for awhile to cool off due to many reasons and the efforts of some have worked. Congratulations.

#33 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: huh? breathe man. This is a great idea and there's already 4 kick ass ideas. What's the problem at this point?

@gunjin said:

@tonis: yeah... i prolly should read all the comments before i posted haha. i aint trying to ruffle no feathers. i'll just do another one. when's yours due man?

actually dude, that's pretty damn close to my initial idea too, I don't know why you'd worry about anything, that's a freaking brilliant idea to conceptualize as a future BG.

#34 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: either way partner. it bothers the op of the thread, i ain't bout to spit in his house. the drawing's a little messier than i intended to begin with.
#35 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom
That is so cute yet hot in so many ways. I like it!
#36 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@DomDom: Love it. 
#37 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024
@mfundo:  

Thank you! =)
#38 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio

Workin' on colors.

#39 Posted by payno (959 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my Batgirl 2099. 

She wears hi-tech armour on her arms which contain an arsenal of offensive and defensive weapons and equipment which replaces her utility belt. The energy blades on the gauntlets can be used for different purposes, by setting them to different intensities; on low settings they can stun an opponent, high settings can cut through solid steel. 
#40 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@payno: Incredible !!! This work is incredible!!
#41 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio

my second attempt at an entry.  

figure this woulda been a natural progression for carrie kelly anyways as she got older. or it could be her (grand)daughter - barbara gordon wayne-kelly (?)

#42 Posted by gunjin (716 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptainCockblock: really dig the futuristic rogues. hopin for colors. 

@DomDom: with all your entries so far, i've always really liked your poses. this isn't an exception. nice butt. 

@payno: very cool coloring. costume is solid and shoes are awesome. also like how there's little hard line work on the bottom half.
#43 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Barbara "Hershey" Gordon Grayson 
aka BatGirl 2099 

Daughter of Dick Grayson and Barbara Gordon, Hershey as her parents call her, is a beauty queen, model and all-girl girl! She is playful, seductive, a-bit clumsy and super strong (she once taken out twenty-one gorillas in rampage single-handedly without her usual weapons!)   

She actually took in the cape as a joke and even made fun of creating her costume (skirt, exposed abs and fishnet thights) but sticking to her mom's red and black theme and a mask, almost similar to her dad but changed the design to resemble the bat, ode to her favorite Great Uncle Bruce Wayne. She is akin in using a bob laced with a variety of tricks but the shocker is always her favorite feature. 

Hershey is still questioning if she wants to be a full-time vigilante hero or just be her beautiful and fabulous self. 

#44 Posted by Vortex13 (12223 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin said:
my second attempt at an entry.  

figure this woulda been a natural progression for carrie kelly anyways as she got older. or it could be her (grand)daughter - barbara gordon wayne-kelly (?)

That is awesome!
#45 Posted by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin: @IcePrince_X: Beautiful pieces!!!
#46 Posted by CaptainCockblock (3672 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin: Wow! I can really see an inspiration from the Dark Knight Returns "Anti-Superman" armor. Nice work! 

@IcePrince_X: That's pretty damn cool, man!
#47 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

@maxicere, captaincockblock

thanks! will try to bring her to color if I have the time.

#48 Posted by DomDom (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@gunjin
haha, thanks! =) 

Dang! there are so many wicked entries flooding in here fast! love 'em!
#49 Posted by IcePrince_X (4849 posts) - - Show Bio

Here is my painted version and my official entry of Hershey 

#50 Posted by mfundo (1622 posts) - - Show Bio
@IcePrince_X
Nice me likey! Like a lot.