GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By GODofART
@Decept-O said:
" @GODofART:   Maybe you should contact DC comics or Ed Benes if that is the case.   Ed Benes is a talented artist and doubt he'd bother going to DeviantArt to "swipe" someone else's ideas.   When did you post your art?  Check when those issues of Teen Titans were published.  Also, just to add, it could simply be coincidental, and unintentional. 

@MitchW192:
I like that, nice action and pose.  I should remember to specify, though, that the DC 2099 Contest concept is for anyone to take the DC character and give him, her, or it, a "futuristic" change-over.   

This was user Caligula's initial idea, a bit of a play on terms.  Marvel Comics published several comic books years ago featuring their futuristic versions of characters, called "2099", set in the near future.  Like Spider-Man 2099.     What this Contest is doing, you take a DC character instead and make them futuristic, or "2099".    If you have any questions, please PM me or post in this Contest thread.  Just so you know what this Contest is about.    You did a nice job, don't think I don't like what you did!  "
Thats what ive been trying to do. Ive calmed down since yesterday. Im not angry at Ed Benes! I just want to know wtf was he thinking? Thats all...
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By tonis
@Fennewalde: very well said :) 

@couzinit99: very nice, so it's 2088 I gotta watch out for :) 
Great back story. Your art continues to fascinate and treat my eyes with each new piece.

@Decept-O: some things aren't intending to rile you up, you're just letting them. It's all good buddy, I do know what your saying ;) 
 I'm not getting on you for your opinions, I agree if we were writing a comic here, that'd be good advice. We're not though, it's a free contest with no prizes, certainly not the place to get so clenched up over 'thinking' out loud. I'm honestly not saying this to argue with you over, but to remind of that fact before people go thinking they shouldn't share and enjoy the great ideas we all have in here. 

@GODofART: chances are, he was thinking a lotta the same things you were when you did yours :) 
although they're are some freakishly similar aspects across both, especially with the birds. The pose, ground and sky are generic enough that you could probably find 10 pictures close to it if you were to hunt enough. Same character though is kinda weird. Who knows, maybe you guys both tune into the same channel when you zone :) 

@spawndon:
 yes, one should try to incorporate the 'future' into their pictures here, but should we not take a submission someone feels doesn't do that? 
More so, for a first time submitter who might not be as familiar with the protocols should we give them too much crap and make them fix it before welcoming them in, or just appreciate they're interest to wanna jump in and just help them comply more the next time? 

Personally I've had entries in here I know where teched out to the max, and have lost on more than one occasion to an entry that had no tech whatsoever. It's obviously just a theme idea, and not the main one on the voters minds when they're choosing anyway.
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#53  Edited By Decept-O

In the future, Tara Markov's DNA was used to create another clone, and the creation was a success.  Having similar Earth moving powers as the original Terra,  this Tara can manipulate sound waves, which creates a solid aura about herself and which also enables her to move telekinetically, any type of soil or rock from the Earth's surface.   

She needs a device to amplify sound waves and which also amplifies her power.  She often uses an advanced ionic powered guitar, and when she plays it, increases her power.   

Thus, she truly is an Earth mover and a ROCK QUEEN, playing songs of yesteryear like "I Wanna Be Sedated", "Rock the Casbah", and "Welcome to the Jungle".
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By tonis
@Decept-O: epic friggin concept my friend. extremely original.
It was only a matter of time till you got a guitar in there with those sexy punk rock chicks eh.

oh and Rock Queen, very punny :)
MitchW192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By MitchW192
@Decept-O: Love it man, Lines are really clean (i wish mine were like that), and a good concept too. 

This is my replacement submission for this contest - 

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By tonis
@MitchW192: very cool, great example of her power again. 
ship looks pretty futuristic to me, welcome to 2099 :)
MitchW192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By MitchW192
@tonis: Thanks Man.
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By soundbite

I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place for this contest.  I definitely don't want to take it for granite, but I'm drawing a blank slate.  I might start off with a dirty sketch, but I want something that will blow the dust off the competition.  I'm in a stonecold predicament.  I guess I'll have to quarry some ideas from this marble sized brain of mine and find a diamond in the rough.  I don't want to be sitting around, leading a sedimentary life.  I'll just chalk it up to "spirit of the competition".
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59  Edited By spawndon
@soundbite said:
"something that will blow the dust off the competition"
so you think there is dust on this competition?
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By payno

At the moment of

Terra

's death, her consciousness leaves her body and is absorbed by the earth. This gives Terra the ability to construct a new body for herself from the materials found in the earth. She can use the surrounding rock or soil and also the elements and minerals found within them to create a body. Each body she makes will have different properties, depending on the material it is made from. Terra can construct bodies in various shapes or sizes but prefers to take a form closely resembling her human body. 
Terra's consciousness will live on indefinitely within the earth (essentially giving her eternal life), meaning she will be alive well into the future.

Here are a few examples of the the materials she can use to construct a body:  

ROCK

SAND

IRON

DIAMOND

MOLTEN ROCK

GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By GODofART
@tonis: I think you right. In more ways than one. Ive already let it go. Im not worried about it at all and in fact im very flattered that Ed Benes would do that! Thanks Tonis.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By tonis
@soundbite said:

" I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place for this contest.  I definitely don't want to take it for granite, but I'm drawing a blank slate.  I might start off with a dirty sketch, but I want something that will blow the dust off the competition.  I'm in a stonecold predicament.  I guess I'll have to quarry some ideas from this marble sized brain of mine and find a diamond in the rough.  I don't want to be sitting around, leading a sedimentary life.  I'll just chalk it up to "spirit of the competition". "

oh man, you and Decept-O need to have a pun off for the ultimate universal funny bone award :) 

@payno: great concept to extend off her powers, well done. 
Good chance to use all those great natural textures in PS too :) 
not that I actually care personally but given the earlier debate, where's the 'future'? 

@GODofART said:
" @tonis: I think you right. In more ways than one. Ive already let it go. Im not worried about it at all and in fact im very flattered that Ed Benes would do that! Thanks Tonis. "
good man, wouldn't wanna have that be the cause of an ulcer.
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By payno
@tonis said:
@payno: great concept to extend off her powers, well done. 
Good chance to use all those great natural textures in PS too :) 
not that I actually care personally but given the earlier debate, where's the 'future'? 

The 'future' part of the character is the fact that her consciousness will live on indefinitely within the earth meaning she will be alive well into the future. 

(I should probably add this fact to the character description).    
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By tonis
@payno said:

" @tonis said:

@payno: great concept to extend off her powers, well done. Good chance to use all those great natural textures in PS too :) not that I actually care personally but given the earlier debate, where's the 'future'? The 'future' part of the character is the fact that her consciousness will live on indefinitely within the earth meaning she will be alive well into the future.  (I should probably add this fact to the character description).     "
actually I got you in the initial description pretty well, was enough for me :) 
Also think it's as legit for someone to explain it in instead of visually, at least to cover the whole 'requirements' thing. 
Only thing that sucks is we don't typically include any of the artists write up, which in the character creation should be a 'must'. Would help here sometimes too as we get some really cool ones. Moonie had a few monumental descriptions. 

Also kind of side with your fashion mentality that she's probably not gonna go too far from the original threads, they do look much cooler though when you can stone em up :)
GODofART

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By GODofART
@tonis: Whats an ulcer?
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By tonis
@GODofART said:
" @tonis: Whats an ulcer? "
lol, if you don't know your probably better off :) 
it's a condition one can bring upon themselves from worrying too much and such.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By IcePrince_X

Aargh!  
Payno beat me out with the concept of Terra being truly part of the Earth though my story line and appearance would be a bit different but power wise its the same. 
Nevertheless, as always nice work Payno! 

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Decept-O
@payno:
Fantastic concepts.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By IcePrince_X

Here is my take on Terra. 
When she died and turned into dust, her consciousness has remained because of her total control of the earth. It took her almost two hundred years to master her full control of her consciousness and can now take in any soil, minerals and limited control over life forms that are dependent of the earth to form her body.  
Though she has complete control, it takes a lot from her concentration if she wants a more defined form... like shaping herself to a near human body like form - but it is in this form she becomes her most lethal and invulnerable state... since her near human form is created by her highest level of concentration, her mass and compactness is so tight she can weigh more than 100 tons and a single concentrated punch can break the bone of Doomsday and even Superman... unfortunately, it only takes her less than 15 minutes to maintain this form or less if she is moving alot after which she needs a long period of rest. 

No Caption Provided
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Decept-O
@IcePrince_X:
Holy Pepperoni!  That is incredible work.  Beautiful. 
Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#71  Edited By Magian
@IcePrince_X: Great work.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X: wow, she looks incredibly good for a 100 ton chick :) 
love the story, great idea putting a time limit in there. 200 years sounds about right on getting it all together, so in 2099 she's kinda still stuck in the mud. 
Great stuff in the pic too, I like how you blended the flowers, plants, stems and trunk all into a pretty lady. NOW THATS SOME GOOD NATURAL AMALGAMATING.
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By IcePrince_X

@Decept_O, ComicMan24 
 Thanks for appreciating guys! 

@tonis 
thanks for noticing, I want her to still have a weakness, in fact, I forgot to mention, she is also limited in her body construction with the earth materials around her but can easily travel where there is land, so even with in depths of the ocean floor, she can exist. If she is to be brought out of the land, she can put her consciousness into a mass of soil or even in a single tiny rock or pebble.

Strafe Prower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 16

#74  Edited By Strafe Prower

Amazing job Ice!

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By IcePrince_X

thanks strafe!

Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#76  Edited By Caligula

No Caption Provided
soundbite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By soundbite

If I can get some time this weekend I'm going to enter my piece.
frischdvh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By frischdvh

Lilian Isley was 19 when she went to Gotham University in the year 2099. She was a global environmental major. She had taken an internship as a paralegal at the Gaia Corporation. Lillian was a quiet sort. She kept to herself most of the time. She was truly passionate about the environment, a fact that Jason Woodrue, a founding partner, picked up on. He made her his personal assistant and over the next 9 months she was his veritable right hand. One day, Jason asked her if she knew her grandmother. Lily answered no, that she had been removed from her parents custody at a young age and put in foster care. Jason revealed that he knew her grandmother and could introduce them if she wanted. Lily was excited, she agreed and off they went.

After about 40 minutes of driving, Lily was growing impatient and scared. When she turned to ask Jason where they were headed, he attacked her, knocking her unconscious.

When she awoke, she was strapped to a table being bathed in green light. She frantically looked around the room and caught a glimpse of a lanky woman garbed in black and green. Her hair was flush red, much like Lily’s.  Was it her grandmother? She then saw Jason, who went to the lady and began to speak.

“She has shown no abilities thus far…”

“We have already activated the fire, wind, and water creations, she has to be the Earth one!”

“But none of the plants have reacted to her…..” replied Jason. “I’m putting an end to this….” Jason drew a small dagger from his coat and approached…..

“NO!” screamed Lily as a pillar of earthen rock shot up through the floor forming a hand and grappling Woodrue.  Stone tentacles snapped the bonds holding Lily on the table. The earth seemed to ebb and flow at her command. “Stay back….” She warned the lady.

The lady let out a laugh as she glided effortlessly across the floor.  “Darling, don’t attempt threats when you aren’t willing to follow through. “

“Are you my grandmother?” Lily asked.

“I’ve been called many things love, Scandalous…..Notorious…….even…..Poisonous. No I am not your grandmother. I am your creator. Like your sister and brothers, I created you to serve in the coming ecological apocalypse. After the human race is obliterated, we can shape the world to our whims and designs. “

“No, “ she replied under her breath….

“No? Hmmm then we’ll just have to do better……next time!” Vines whipped out from under her cape as she lunged at Lily. Lily erected a stone dome for her safety. She felt the earth rumble beneath her feet. Lava spewed up dancing through the crevices in the room. The building started to shake and crumble. The lady picked up Woodrue and retreated as an explosion of volcanic proportions occurred.

When the smoke cleared, Lily stepped from her stone cocoon. She felt different, more attuned to the Earth’s natural vibration. She felt alive and not burdened by human constraints, then it hit her….an apocalypse was coming. She didn’t know when or how, but she knew she had to do something. As she began walking, she noticed a rock was floating and following her. She looked at it, and it reacted like a small puppy. She named him Igny. As she sat on Igny, he began to fly away until her eye caught something. It was the burnt remnants of a file cabinet. She voraciously dug through, finding the names and last known addresses of her “siblings”. This is where she would start. Forming a costume of minerals from the ground, she took on the name of Terra: protector of Mother Earth!    

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By IcePrince_X

Love the story....even so, I love the way you drew and painted her!!!  

WTG, FrischDVH!!!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X: sneaky getting that color in there, gorgeous upgrade. Really starting to bring out those pretty petals and accessories. 

@Caligula: very nice, I really like her face and using vines for bangs, way slick :) 

@FrischDVH: always blow me away. I truly can't tell which is your more superior skill, the visuals, or the creative writing behind them. Both massively compliment each other.
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#81  Edited By Caligula
@tonis: thanks
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By IcePrince_X

No Caption Provided
I may not be able to finish her but this will be my official entry.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X: oh you finished her, that's an epic natural evolution you did as best as could be done. Wow are the skills growing. You shifted everything exactly in the right places color wise.
Its got earth, both brown n green, with a sweet fiery sky and the slick touch of a strategically place rose and some day-glo petals. Bitches be swooning over this when you present :)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#84  Edited By sora_thekey
@IcePrince_X: That sort of reminds me of Poison Ivy... Still that is an amazing entry! Kudos!
IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By IcePrince_X

@sora_thekey 

now that you mentioned it... she does look like Poison Ivy... should have stuck with just the earth and left the plants as it is.... oh well ;-) thanks for looking :-) now where is your entry? hmm....

sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By sora_thekey
@IcePrince_X: I don't think a futuristic Terra would be my forte. I'm working on my Joker vs Green Goblin one now.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By tonis
@IcePrince_X said:
" @sora_thekey  now that you mentioned it... she does look like Poison Ivy... should have stuck with just the earth and left the plants as it is.... oh well ;-) thanks for looking :-) now where is your entry? hmm.... "
naw, nothing wrong with looking a little like another character (besides Ivy is HOT), especially if your talking earth powers like that. I absolutely LOVE how you upgraded her, I liked the earlier version a lot, but you definitely topped it with these touches. This would make a great painted statue. 

@sora_thekey said:
" @IcePrince_X: I don't think a futuristic Terra would be my forte. I'm working on my Joker vs Green Goblin one now. "
hey, glad to hear you got a battle pic cooking, can't wait to see your take on Joker :)
sora_thekey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By sora_thekey
@tonis said:
" @sora_thekey said:
" @IcePrince_X: I don't think a futuristic Terra would be my forte. I'm working on my Joker vs Green Goblin one now. "
hey, glad to hear you got a battle pic cooking, can't wait to see your take on Joker :) "
Totally not what you would expect... my entry might even be dull.....
Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Decept-O

Could a Moderator please step in and start the Voting Thread?  I'd asked Sora The Key  but it appears he hasn't been able to start it.  Thank You.