Daily Sketch Blog Day 14 (June 15, 2011) The Fastest Man Alive

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

Edited By Raven0207

If you follow me on Deviant Art you would have already seen this one posted first thing this morning (and tomorrow's sketch). I had to step away from Marvel for at least 1 day so I keep myself out of a rut. With 10 hours to waste at work I have been roughing out 2 to 3 sketch cards a day and this is one I started yesterday at work and finished late last night to post today. I'm overall happy with this one.  

No Caption Provided
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Raven0207
@M.S. Feather
I guess EVS made them popular all over again but I was trying to channel Francis Manapul in this one. I'm glad you like it. I'm trying to figure out now which sketch cards to send scans of for my submission cause I was told only send 5-6 scans. Which do you think they should be so far?
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Raven0207
@M.S. Feather said:

@Raven0207: My personal faves so far are Cyclops, Gambit, Punisher, Flash, M.J. and War Machine.

The War Machine and Gambit are going 100%. I'm still deciding on the others.
DragonflyBoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By DragonflyBoy

Nice one!
I see you're a Barry Allen fan though. :(

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raven0207
@DragonflyBoy: I never said it was Barry or Wally ! Thats why its titled The Fastest Man Alive. I personally like Wally more than Barry. Barry to me should have kept to the rules and stayed dead. #1 Rule in Comics - All Characters come back from the dead unless your name is Uncle Ben, Barry Allen, and Bucky Barnes.............. well we know 2 of those 3 are back so we can throw that rule out the window.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By tonis

@Raven0207: I caught this on deviant last night along with Hal, a perfect combo to do. I always liked when these two worked together. Apparently the plans on the Flash movie will be to tie in Barry's friendship with Hal into the story. :)

I have to admit, I had a LOT of reservations about his revival too, his was one of the most noble deaths in comic history in my opinion and I really hate for them to mess with that.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Raven0207
@tonis said:

@Raven0207: I caught this on deviant last night along with Hal, a perfect combo to do. I always liked when these two worked together. Apparently the plans on the Flash movie will be to tie in Barry's friendship with Hal into the story. :)

I have to admit, I had a LOT of reservations about his revival too, his was one of the most noble deaths in comic history in my opinion and I really hate for them to mess with that.

Yeah when I started It was going to be a Combo of both Sketches on the same day titled The Brave and the Bold but then I remembered Green lantern comes out Friday so I'm saving Hal for Friday. But I did just finish up another GL and posted him up on DA that is going to be tomorrows sketch. See people follow me on DA and you see a whole day early what I might be putting on here. No guarantees though ! :) 

I love Geoff John's works. They are some of the best stories in recent years. I love how he brought Barry back, it was a great story in itself and really stuck with the character that it could have happened that way. I just wish they would have left him dead. Wally finally made the character his own.
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis

@Raven0207: I do love DA for the early previews :)

Part of my reservations with reviving Barry were exactly because of Wally. He did manage to successfully carry the Flash torch after crisis and really became his own hero. Although Barry had been the Flash I grew up with, and his death hit me just as hard as Karas, I came to accept Wally as the modern Flash.

I can imagine readers who started with Wally and only knew him as the Flash must be even more confused with the whole thing.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Raven0207
@M.S. Feather said:

@Raven0207: Can I have a link to your DA page?

@tonis: The Flash television show was my entry into the world of comics and Barry was the first superhero I ever fell in love with. So I was a little confused when I read my first Flash comic and people were calling him Wally. :P

Since then of course I've read a lot featuring both of them and I grew to like Wally even more than Barry. He earned the title of Flash and was thankful to his hero and mentor Barry every step of the way, even in his bumpy early days. *sniff* It was beautiful.

My DA page is http://raven0207.deviantart.com/ 
My Blog which I just started is http://raven0207.blogspot.com/
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By tonis

@M.S. Feather said:

@Raven0207: Can I have a link to your DA page?

@tonis: The Flash television show was my entry into the world of comics and Barry was the first superhero I ever fell in love with. So I was a little confused when I read my first Flash comic and people were calling him Wally. :P

Since then of course I've read a lot featuring both of them and I grew to like Wally even more than Barry. He earned the title of Flash and was thankful to his hero and mentor Barry every step of the way, even in his bumpy early days. *sniff* It was beautiful.

Loved that show, it's a shame they never gave it more of a chance. They really focused on the police and crime investigation side of Barry which I always enjoyed in his books. Although I was always itching to see more Flash and special fx they did manage to stick to solid stories and good drama. I'm gonna have to do a marathon and watch those this week now that you got me reminiscing :)

I have to admit as much as Barry is my 'original' Flash, Wally became my favorite too. His occasional humor, and honor towards Barrys memory made him a stand up guy and quality hero in his own right.