custom action figures or diorama

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Rotten gun

im a hopeless drawer and i have a collection of marvel legends (cough... cough...) so i try and customise sets for them. there are some great artistists out there but here are some of mine.

Prodigal Son

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Prodigal Son

Crickey!

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3  Edited By Methos

Dark Alpha says:

"Ohhh, my god. I'm in love with a stripper."

heh, i know the feeling ;)

the other one's he did for supergirl was really cool as well but he's not doing them anymore, apparantly he only does one of each character at any one time...

pity because i'd love to get a collection of all the ones he's done...

M

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

That's pretty cool.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Methos

those are extremely cool...

the best custom model i've actually seen was a supergirl one (no surpise there ;)

the guy makes these to order using a she-hulk model, another model that i can't think of the name... she-dragon or something? for the torso, and then does the rest using milliput and 'green stuff' (moddelers will know what i'm on about.)

mines on order :)

M

Avatar image for thee_arch_angel_micheal
Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ohhh, my god. I'm in love with a stripper.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Methos

they're all custom builds... some of the best work i've seen on models for a long time

M

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Rotten gun

thats so cool.... i want one!

jayran

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jayran

duz he have a web sight?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Methos

gotta admit... the one labled 'duality' looks pressy cool :)

M

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

This one is really really cool!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By gmanfromheck

Thought you would like one with more boobs...

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe not though, when we were kids older adults thought toys were to much but we didnt, it was the price we grew up with. Now were older adults and think toys cost to much, but kids may think its normal, its the price there growing up with.

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish I was young enough to still play with toys. "I wanna be a Toys R Us kid."

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By gmanfromheck

With the prices attached to some of these "toys" a kid could never get their hands on one.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Rotten gun

the toys now are so much better than i had as a kid... i still have some gi joe's and masters of the universe from my child hood, they're crap compared to now... i try to get my kids to like marvel etc but they are both girls and dont like it :(

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rotten gun

woops! i mean when i grow up i'll have kids... eh? ah? yeah. gotta go mum says i gotta do my homework

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Methos

lol bit of a freudian slip there?

just don't let you're 'kids' watch JLU cartoon... you should see the screencap i got of something naughting appearing in the pilot...

M

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The original Transformers were better toys when I was a kid. Megatron was a Nazi pistol, you couldnt get away with that now a days. It was all chrome looking, it didnt have anything to let people know it was a fake.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Rotten gun

Dark Alpha says:

"The original Transformers were better toys when I was a kid. Megatron was a Nazi pistol, you couldnt get away with that now a days. It was all chrome looking, it didnt have anything to let people know it was a fake."

ha really... i just remember always wanting one.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck

Rotten gun says:

"the toys now are so much better than i had as a kid... i still have some gi joe's and masters of the universe from my child hood, they're crap compared to now... i try to get my kids to like marvel etc but they are both girls and dont like it :("

My girl will be 4 this summer. She's into the Disney Princesses but also is into superheroes because of me. I don't push it but she gets that I'm into it. She loves watching the 1967 Spider-Man cartoons and was into the Krypto, Superdog cartoon. She's well educated on superheroes and even knows a lot of their "real" identities. There's hope, even if it's a girl. She even asks me to read her comics. Of course I won't read her something dark or violent. Just getting her ready.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rotten gun
Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wrong thread.
Post Edited:2007-04-28 04:51:08

Hagane Enna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Hagane Enna

G-Man says:

"Rotten gun says:
"the toys now are so much better than i had as a kid... i still have some gi joe's and masters of the universe from my child hood, they're crap compared to now... i try to get my kids to like marvel etc but they are both girls and dont like it :("
My girl will be 4 this summer. She's into the Disney Princesses but also is into superheroes because of me. I don't push it but she gets that I'm into it. She loves watching the 1967 Spider-Man cartoons and was into the Krypto, Superdog cartoon. She's well educated on superheroes and even knows a lot of their "real" identities. There's hope, even if it's a girl. She even asks me to read her comics. Of course I won't read her something dark or violent. Just getting her ready. "

Gentlemen, gentlemen...I've beeen lurking up until now but I can't let this pass. What does having two of the same chromosone have to do with liking comics or not? Why sell your girls short? Speaking as one of the gender, I've been a comic fan all my life, mostly Marvel but a few DC as well. Sounds like they're too young for stereotyping. Of course there's hope.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Nameless one

Dark Alpha says:

"I wish I was young enough to still play with toys. "I wanna be a Toys R Us kid.""

Dude you are never to old for toys I saw an action figure of Demo Goblin at Wal Mart and I swear it will be mine!

and then the collection shall start!

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Your half right, your never to old to collect toys, but what happens when your boys come through the cut to pick you up, and your not ready cause you've been waging war with Series 4 of Marvel Legends.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Nameless one

invite them in and tell them to choose a side and get back to playing what else?

tell me when you buy a new villan or hero action figure you don't get that urge to pit them against each other in battle!

Thee Arch Angel Micheal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I havent bought a toy since, god, its been so long. I do catch myself checking out the toy section when ever I go to Wal-Mart.

Tawa Pax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Tawa Pax

Invite them to play because you know they're big kids too? Ain't nothing wrong with toys.

Nameless one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nameless one

why resist the true nature of every inner child dude I played with toys all the way up till I was about 19 and if I had enough Army men or Action Figures I probley would play with them again

its the battle urge man BATTLE! BATTLE!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By gmanfromheck

Hagane Enna says:

"G-Man says:
"Rotten gun says:
My girl will be 4 this summer. She's into the Disney Princesses but also is into superheroes because of me. I don't push it but she gets that I'm into it. She loves watching the 1967 Spider-Man cartoons and was into the Krypto, Superdog cartoon. She's well educated on superheroes and even knows a lot of their "real" identities. There's hope, even if it's a girl. She even asks me to read her comics. Of course I won't read her something dark or violent. Just getting her ready. "

Gentlemen, gentlemen...I've beeen lurking up until now but I can't let this pass. What does having two of the same chromosone have to do with liking comics or not? Why sell your girls short? Speaking as one of the gender, I've been a comic fan all my life, mostly Marvel but a few DC as well. Sounds like they're too young for stereotyping. Of course there's hope. "

I'm not sure if this is directed totally to me but I've never sold Lil' G-Girl short. Sure the stereotype is that girls don't like comics as much as boys. Comics are also geared more towards young hormonal boys (and men) with the exagerated portrayal of women in comics. My girl has seen my comic stuff. My "office" has actual comic pages and art on the walls, I have a dispaly case with my prized comic statues. I have a Captain America shield hanging on the wall. And there's always comics laying around (especially with me working on the New Comics page). I just never shoved it in her face. She has taken an interest because she knows it interests me. Right now I'm at work (giving a Statistics test to my class) and I told her I only had time to watch one show with her this morning (we usually watch 2 on Saturdays). She, of course chose Spider-man. Will her interest stick? Maybe. As I said, she's also into the princesses (I did tell her that Wonder Woman was a princess so she could play with her Belle and Cinderella toys). If she decides to give up comics someday, sure I'll be sad but hopefully she will see the enjoyment of them. And if she does, I can keep buying her comic-related toys.

Rotten gun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Rotten gun

Hagane Enna says:

"G-Man says:
"Rotten gun says:
Gentlemen, gentlemen...I've beeen lurking up until now but I can't let this pass. What does having two of the same chromosone have to do with liking comics or not? Why sell your girls short? Speaking as one of the gender, I've been a comic fan all my life, mostly Marvel but a few DC as well. Sounds like they're too young for stereotyping. Of course there's hope. "

i'd love for my girls to take an interest... i try and get them to play with warbird or shadowcat because its more similar to the toys they like... all their little boy cousins jump right in. its funny that i want my girls to play with my so called "boy toys" but if i had a boy i dont know if i'd like him playing with "barbie" lol. my youngest does like thor so theres a start.

The WeatherMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By The WeatherMan

I had a big collection of Batman figures. Two different Batmans, three different Robins, Poison Ivy, Selina Kyle and Catwoman, Harley Quinn, and the pride and joy if my set was a 2 feet tall Joker figure. I always use to make him stomp on Batman's face. Ahh... all left back home in Russia now. Makes me sad.

Bane_delete

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By Bane_delete

ok so supergirl has to come to my modal shelf!

wolverine9981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By wolverine9981
@BullyBoy: Awesome stuff!