creat art contest with prizes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thewrathtake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thewrathtake

As an appreciation for many of comic vine artists why aren't their any art contest with prizes. You would get more artists to join and it would show artist you appreciate them. Not a big deal but something you should think about. I would be more inclined to join if I could win something worthy at least some comic books.

IcePrince_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By IcePrince_X

it would be at the contest area.

ironmanheroone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ironmanheroone

That contest forum is barely looked at by members. I know it exits but its a failure. What I'm saying for one of the artistshowoff contest offer prizes. Each winners are picked by voters not a moderator. Each new contest a prize is offered. I said comic books but that just a lame prize. At least offer a video game or at least 20 brand new comic books not some old used comic book someone has read already, since comicvine is making a lot of money.

Not that I'm desperate for prizes but that would help comicvine expand its artist members and site. Deviantart has contests but they offer way too much in the prizes and barely so they have few contests but they get about a thousand entries.

I know smaller sites like writing songs/lyrics that offer prizes about each month and their are a lot of entries and members.

This wasn't whether some artists here like to share art only for fun anyway and do tone down on the attitude.

ironmanheroone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ironmanheroone

@M.S. Feather: I can see you still have an attitude problem or else you wouldn't be responding in harsh ways and accusing people and it still looks like you don't like the idea or else you wouldn't be relying in a negative way.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

#7  Edited By Decept-O

@ironmanheroone: I don't want to feed anything here but M.S. Feather has a point and a very valid one. She does NOT have an attitude, and in fact is one of the nicest and most awesome members on the site. I am sad you feel that she has one but I will say in her defense she rarely if ever has an attitude or anything negative to say. She is making a point and isn't trying to be argumentative. The same can be said for other users on the site.

Plenty of us in the artist forum are happy to have someplace to show off our efforts. Whether it is in the contests, or in blogs, or other threads, this alone is quite adequate. Additionally receiving comments for our efforts are also welcome.

Would prizes be a good idea? Sure. However, who would offer them and how often? Are you saying Comic Vine should offer them? Winning artists and 'Viners decide the content of the contests, as well as the Moderators from time to time. It would be too much to ask us to offer any prizes, but I know a couple of 'Viners who have. You must have missed those contests.

Perhaps if you'd like a contest with prizes you should ask the Comic Vine Staff directly.

We've simply offered our input in the matter to give you info and I hope you would talk to fellow 'Viners a bit more respectably because no one was giving you an attitude.

shatterstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By shatterstar  Moderator

@ironmanheroone said:

That contest forum is barely looked at by members. I know it exits but its a failure. What I'm saying for one of the artistshowoff contest offer prizes. Each winners are picked by voters not a moderator. Each new contest a prize is offered. I said comic books but that just a lame prize. At least offer a video game or at least 20 brand new comic books not some old used comic book someone has read already, since comicvine is making a lot of money.

Not that I'm desperate for prizes but that would help comicvine expand its artist members and site. Deviantart has contests but they offer way too much in the prizes and barely so they have few contests but they get about a thousand entries.

I know smaller sites like writing songs/lyrics that offer prizes about each month and their are a lot of entries and members.

This wasn't whether some artists here like to share art only for fun anyway and do tone down on the attitude.

So start a contest and offer a prize. Maybe vote with more than one account amirite?

Also locking thread.