• 171 results
#1 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Since others had some art threads up I thought I'd make my own. I will update it regularly :]

So the above pic is some fanart of Ravager (DC Comics) and Booster Girl (Booster Gold's daughter--fan character thought up by a buddy of mine :P). BG is the type of gal that carries around cameras a lot and attacks people with them. Rose is less then amused.

#2 Posted by Selkirk (600 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome...great expressions and colors-post more please

#3 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Rose Wilson AKA Ravager.

#4 Posted by G'bandit (13689 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome :D

#5 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Great job

#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice =D

#7 Posted by Constantine (16059 posts) - - Show Bio

cool

#8 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

One of my characters, Blast-o-man! This is without his costume :P Yes, he's a cowboy.

Blast in his costume being a badass ^.^! Gotta love him :P

#9 Posted by inferiorego (26770 posts) - - Show Bio

I think your pencils and ink are pretty rad, not too keen on the coloring, needs some work. It feels bland

Staff
#10 Posted by UnAmerican Hero (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

tight stuff

#11 Posted by Mutant X (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

What do you use to color?

#12 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
inferiorego said:
"I think your pencils and ink are pretty rad, not too keen on the coloring, needs some work. It feels bland"
Totally agree. I fail at coloring but something is better than nothing in my opinion ^.^! I'm still learning but really I'm just happy with creating the idea of a character and letting someone else color it xD!

Mutant X said:
"Awesome.What do you use to color?"
Photoshop :B

#13 Posted by sora_thekey (8178 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome art Pan!

#14 Posted by Super avengers (39 posts) - - Show Bio
Crazy Pan said:
"Since others had some art threads up I thought I'd make my own. I will update it regularly :]

So the above pic is some fanart of Ravager (DC Comics) and Booster Girl (Booster Gold's daughter--fan character thought up by a buddy of mine :P). BG is the type of gal that carries around cameras a lot and attacks people with them. Rose is less then amused."
We don't think they are alike.
#15 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
Click to full view!
Click to full view!
#16 Posted by Nibiru (689 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome. :O

#17 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

I used an Aquaman picture for reference :) Loved the pose :D

#18 Posted by Donovan Montgomery (5449 posts) - - Show Bio

That is some nice drawings there, very good work.

#19 Posted by lonefang6x6 (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome

#20 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

#21 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

This is a white tiger kung fu dude. Bruce Lee photo used for pose reference :3! Free hand drawn though.
#22 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Images like this almost make me regret giving up art almost

#23 Posted by Eyz (3095 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art! Love your stuff^^
That Booster Girl & Rose pics is specially awesome! :P

#24 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Eyz:  Thanks :D! You can see more of my art on bunnyravenmerek.deviantart.com :)
#25 Posted by X-23_2513 (416 posts) - - Show Bio

Great art work

#26 Posted by nightcrawler1212 (532 posts) - - Show Bio

good art

#27 Posted by Fastforward! (174 posts) - - Show Bio

So, I'm assuming you do your coloring digitally, and you do a really amazing job of it. But do you do the drawings themselves on the computer too, or are they done on paper and then scanned in? Because I've tried to color my scanned in drawings on my computer, and it's really difficult. And when I try to draw with a tablet, I tend to do a real bad job. So how do you do it?

Sorry if I'm asking too much, I'd just like some tips is all. Keep up the great work!

#28 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fastforward!:  Dude I'm such a cheater :P! Draw your art, ink it the best of your abilities, and then go into Illustrator and apply a "live trace" effect. This smooths out your lines. Take the image back into photoshop and color it by making new layers and setting said layers to multiply. OR you can keep them at normal and make your line art layer on multiply. I WISH I had a tablet -.-...
#29 Posted by Fastforward! (174 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan: Huh. That is quite interesting. Is illustrator a free program?
#30 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Fastforward!: Only if you get it illegally which I do not recommend :P
#31 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Great stuff! :D

#32 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by Buaku (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice...you have some cool stuff in here. XD
#34 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

#35 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Please note! In some of these (not all mind you), a reference pose (mostly from stock photos although one or two were from drawings) was used however NONE of them were traced and ALL were HAND DRAWN. Thanks and please comment!

From top to bottom: Bade, Sam, Omegaman, Pound, Halie, Omegaman again, Vein, Sam, Halie again (human), and Pound again :) Various characters of mine.
#36 Posted by Omega-Man (766 posts) - - Show Bio

Wooo I love them ALLLLLZZZZZ

#37 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega-Man said:

" Wooo I love them ALLLLLZZZZZ "

*tackle make out*

*looks around at everyone starring* ....WHAT!? Is my fiance! O:<
#38 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

some hidden gems, very nice Pan, the Bruce Lee morph is really slick and I really like the drama going on in that panel one with the girl going down the alley. Nice transitions between the painting, to the gun, then the face.

#39 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

cool new art!... love the wolfman

#40 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

Winning art of Character Creation Contest #31 :)
#41 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

#42 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan:
sweet ones Pan, long have I thought about making a death in the family tribute. Great choice and job on both.
#43 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

The logo for my comic book universe.
#44 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan said:
"Please note! In some of these (not all mind you), a reference pose (mostly from stock photos although one or two were from drawings) was used however NONE of them were traced and ALL were HAND DRAWN. Thanks and please comment!

I really like all of these, especially Vein and the guy in the hoodie.  Vein looks like a lot like a character of mine called Stalemate. 

#45 Posted by soundbite (463 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan said:
"
The logo for my comic book universe.
"

really like this as well. clean, simple design that gets right to the point. if you remove the text, you still have a reconizable icon. font is perfect for the subject matter.
#46 Posted by IcePrince_X (4865 posts) - - Show Bio

cool!

#47 Edited by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio

My personal studio (and personal logo). Everything from Ionic Comics to my Graphic Design works comes from this studio :)
#48 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan: was gonna mention it earlier after learning your ionic logo was original, your desktop publishing skills are as sharp as your pencils ;)  

I've sometimes found it's actually harder making effective, original logos than to make the sickest picture I could possibly make. Between font choices, placements, and space constraints along with the need for it to stick and say the message it should. It's a lotta sweat to take on for most. 

Well done, the Ionic, is Iconic :)
#49 Posted by Crazy Pan (708 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: Well I didn't spend $30,000 at WKU for nothing lol. I'm a graphic design major. 95% of my graphic design works are done entirely in Illustrator, the other 5% edited somewhat in Photoshop. But I'm glad you like my logo designs :D! I love Happy Doodle because it really is a good representation of me. The serious and thick black HAPPY is in your face while Doodle is playful and fun, then studios is meant to look more professional and clean :)

With Ionic Comics, it's special to me because both fonts used are original fonts you get with any computer. I edited the Ionic part so it would be rounded but other then that I just wanted something that stood out and was simple. My fiance (http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/omega_man_/) suggested yellow as the color because it is the primary color that separates DC and Marvel. DC being blue, Marvel being red. Not saying that we're going to be a top 3 in the comic book world but it was just his reasoning behind the yellow. I stuck with it because I thought it looked pretty...you can see who the brains of our relationship is ;)!
#50 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@Crazy Pan said:
"
"
Hachi machi!  You certainly have a knack for drawing studs, don't you.  Heheh. ^^'