CRANK THOSE PANELS #9 Hulk/Modok

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidR

Alrighty then, moving on along with numero nine! Greatly appreciated all the votes, sadly I must take a medical leave and may not be back in time to enter this one. Fortunately there are many talented artists on the Vine and I trust their talents will shine while I am out. I hope the characters I chose will inspire some kick@ss art!!! 

Rules of the Contes
t

Blah, blah, blah.....

You can either follow the layouts and story I provided or make up 1 or 2 pages of your own original art and storyline. Only main rule is to use the characters I chosen. Have fun!!! (8 D  

The focus is for us to get practice at telling a story by competing against each other and working against a deadline. What I wanted to add was, that if there are artists that like the character(s) chosen they are welcome to put their own drawings as a splash page into the mix to highlight their art

The only thing is that, unless it's a full page layout of a story, panel to panel, it will not be part of the voting process but will add diversity and character to the topic. I know most of you do not have time to deal with cranking out a full page of layouts and this will give an opportunity to everyone that has something to show and share.

Contest will end on or around Oct 5th at midnight central time USA,

let me know if you need more time ...

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tonis

@DavidR: haha, I already got a Hulk to work with but I had been thinking about getting a MODOK into the collection, very cool choices.

Best of luck with the down time and high hopes for a speedy return to the lines. :)

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By DavidR
@tonis:    Hmmm, is Tonis eyeing joining this one? That would be ultra cool if u did. Glad you liked the ones I picked. 

What's funny is I want to join this one coz I think I am past my dry spell and I may unfortunately not feel well enough to. Aaah, that's how it goes sometimes.  

Thanks for the well wishes friend! : )
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Raven0207

Love the choices ! Hopefully you will feel up to joining in on this one but I do understand why you may not be .  I "should " be able to throw something down for this. I go on night shift next weekend working 7 - 12's so I will have to get most of it done by then.  

Hope to see you back soon so we can have our rematch !

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DavidR
@Raven0207

If I am not in too much pain or highly doped on meds I will try and throw at least 1-2 Splash pages up. I really hope you get a chance to join in, great starting lineup with you and Tonis on board.

I really wanna see as many versions of Modok and the Hulk as possible,
 everyone has their own take and I WANNA SEEEEE!   (8 P
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ARMIV2
Here's what I've got.  
Here's what I've got.  
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DavidR
@ARMIV2

What a killer surprise, so glad you jumped aboard!!! Great panels, the first two are my faves, good going Bud!!! 

Love the closeup of Modok and the Hulk arm perspective is super cool in the second panel!!! really like how you mixed it up, no boring continuum, nice flow.
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#8  Edited By KEROGA

is hulk breaking the fourth wall???? 
what with that random human hand???
ARMIV2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ARMIV2
@DavidR said:
@ARMIV2:   What a killer surprise, so glad you jumped aboard!!! Great panels, the first two are my faves, good going Bud!!!   Love the closeup of Modok and the Hulk arm perspective is super cool in the second panel!!! really like how you mixed it up, no boring continuum, nice flow.
Thank you!
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DavidR
@KEROGA said:
is hulk breaking the fourth wall???? what with that random human hand???
I don't see walls, I just see Hulk on a rampage, if you are talking about the hand in panel 5, that's Doc's hand reaching for his recorder. He shows it in panel 4.
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By KEROGA

pane 1:MODOK firing a laser downward panel 2: HULK is down,unconscious laying down in a crater panel 3: gotta have that zoom in on hulk's angry eye panel 4:HULK swings at the nothing
pane 1:MODOK firing a laser downward panel 2: HULK is down,unconscious laying down in a crater panel 3: gotta have that zoom in on hulk's angry eye panel 4:HULK swings at the nothing
KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KEROGA
(SORRY HAD SOME TROUBLE) panel1 a high tec screen shows HULK hulk still fighting nothing panel2 DOC SAMSON speaks into a device recording everything he sees on the screen
(SORRY HAD SOME TROUBLE) panel1 a high tec screen shows HULK hulk still fighting nothing panel2 DOC SAMSON speaks into a device recording everything he sees on the screen
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DavidR

@KEROGA:

A slightly different take on the original, I like the way you added a different perspective to it!

Cool version of Modok!

KEROGA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By KEROGA

thx, starting to love these crank those panels ,contests

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#15  Edited By Blizaga101
No Caption Provided

My first attempt at a comic strip, i like the art but had no clue about text, any advice on how to do decent text for future contests?

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tonis

@Blizaga101: very nice job, and yea, lettering drives me nuts too, it's a LOT harder than people realize. I'd say use the style you did on the first bubble with MODOK, that looks the most natural.

I'd also blow up the point size on the narratives to the same as the balloon text. That way when the image resizes on vine everything stays consistent for readability. :)

Blizaga101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By Blizaga101

@tonis: thanks for the great comment and for the advice. The first speech bubble is the better of the two and i was gonna make the narratives bigger but was unsure how it would all fit on the page, but ill probably put more thought into it next time

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By DavidR

@Blizaga101:

Yay! Another entry and another cool Modok!

@tonis:

Aaah Mr Tonis, will you be joining this one? You mentioned you had some Hulk images to work with, sooo looking forward to your take on this. : )

Wondering if Raven is still joining this one....

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By tonis

@DavidR: man I would like to do something for this, I do have Hulk down, but I've been trying to figure how to pull off MODOK for the past few days and that's a super tricky one with what I have for models. If I manage to come up with anything it'll be last minute if I'm lucky.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Raven0207
@DavidR
When's it due again? (Looks at the top ) Hmmm I haven't started anything but I am at work stuck on 3rd shift but sitting beside me is my sketch book ! I think I can roll out something by then ! Are you going to be able to join us this time?
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By DavidR

@tonis:

Well Buddy, I hope it happens, seeing some of your 3D magic on here would be cool!!!

@Raven0207:

I would love to but I am behind on some other personal things due to my surgery and may run out of time. Keeping my fingers crossed that I can since there is still some time left....

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@DavidR:

Sorry that I didn't have Illustrator on this @#%$ computer in time to redo that word balloon on your arm-wrestling artwork. :(

In a couple of weeks from now, I should have that program + all my custom fonts on this thing, so I can letter you whenever you want me to. :-)

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr:

Just wanted to say, thanks soo much. I'm never one to impose and really appreciate the offer for your efforts. I have a small project that I do not know when I would get around to but I will pass it by you once I start or perhaps get close to finishing. Would love to collaborate in the near future, once again thank you! : )

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

Just wanted to say, thanks soo much. I'm never one to impose and really appreciate the offer for your efforts. I have a small project that I do not know when I would get around to but I will pass it by you once I start or perhaps get close to finishing. Would love to collaborate in the near future, once again thank you! : )

Looking forward to it!

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By tonis

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

I gotta say, the idea of your awesome art with Roxy's kick ass lettering is very intriguing indeed. That is sure to look incredible. :)

Hopefully when I get down to Atlanta next month I'll have a new copy of Illustrator to throw on her laptop and we'll get to see that.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By DavidR

@tonis:

.....And if Anna jumped in with the colors we could make Comics all by ourselves!! Marvel who? DC eh?... Hehehe!

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis said:

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

I gotta say, the idea of your awesome art with Roxy's kick ass lettering is very intriguing indeed. That is sure to look incredible. :)

Hopefully when I get down to Atlanta next month I'll have a new copy of Illustrator to throw on her laptop and we'll get to see that.

Now don't get DavidR TOO excited, Pokerface!

If he ends up sending me a 32-page opus, I'll have to insist on being paid!!! XD

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr said:

If he ends up sending me a 32-page opus, I'll have to insist on being paid!!! XD

Dear Roxanne, {sheepishly smiling} With all due respect but I did say I am not one to impose, I believe I added that it would be a small project, maybe 4 to 5 pages if that. I am never one to overstep my welcome.

Now of course if we have guns ablazing, may the companies rollout the Mulah!! Until then I will continue with my humble approach!!! Don't bite the hand that's willing to help on the lettering I say! ; P

tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By tonis

@DavidR said:

@tonis:

.....And if Anna jumped in with the colors we could make Comics all by ourselves!! Marvel who? DC eh?... Hehehe!

hehe, you got it Toyota :)

@Roxanne Starr: not to worry, I'm more interested in seeing a page at the moment, not a book :)

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@tonis said:

@DavidR said:

@tonis:

hehe, you got it Toyota :)

@Roxanne Starr: not to worry, I'm more interested in seeing a page at the moment, not a book :)

And by the time you go back to Connecticut, I'll have you so well trained, that no one will be able to tell if I lettered something or YOU did. LOL!

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr:

Aaaah, she has a master plan, Eeviiil I tell U! Pure Eeviiil!!! Buahahahha... I just don't know why women don't rule the world yet?!

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

Aaaah, she has a master plan, Eeviiil I tell U! Pure Eeviiil!!! Buahahahha... I just don't know why women don't rule the world yet?!

AAAAAH, but we DO!

We always have.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr:

Sneeeeaky, I should have known all along but if it's true, then why isn't there peace globally, Aha! gotcha!

Oh I forgot you just let us think we are in control... (; D

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

Sneeeeaky, I should have known all along but if it's true, then why isn't there peace globally, Aha! gotcha!

Oh I forgot you just let us think we are in control... (; D

Actually, we've been known for causing wars! ;-)

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr:

Naughty girls, the lot of u!!!!

Roxanne Starr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Roxanne Starr

@DavidR said:

@Roxanne Starr:

Naughty girls, the lot of u!!!!

Well, there are still a FEW males, who we don't dare defy.

No Caption Provided
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By DavidR

@Roxanne Starr: I feel those teeth all the way down,,, well u know! Ouch!

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Raven0207
@DavidR said:

@tonis:

I'm all for that !
payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By payno

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By DavidR

@payno:

Absolutely Love it!!!!! (8 D

payno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By payno
@DavidR:  Thanks. 

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By DavidR

Here's a couple of quickie chicken scratch sketches. Wanted to just let it flow. No rules of composition on here just whatever practice formed that's what it became. : P

Think I am gonna run out of time on this contest since the deadline is today. : (

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DavidR

I was looking forward to a couple of entries for this contest and unfortunately they did not materialize. Felt we where kinda slim on this one but super glad we had some great talent show up.

I wasn't planning on entering so if my entry looks rushed, it is. Started it shortly before midnight. Just glad it's done.

Will post the voting later on today after I wake up. (8 P

No Caption Provided