CRANK THOSE PANELS #6 IRON MAN

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DavidR

Interpret the layouts with your own redefined version of this page. Choose any Iron Man armor that you want, or create your own. Have fun!!!

Deadline is June 11

No Caption Provided
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By tonis
@DavidR: hmm, I do have several armors I've been itching to try still :)
HarlequinKiss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By HarlequinKiss

Oh man I would do this one if I weren't so busy!!! ARRRGH! Dx

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 10

#4  Edited By Raven0207

I was just thinking about doing another IM piece. I like the idea of this page so why not ! I'm in !
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DavidR
@Raven0207 said:
I was just thinking about doing another IM piece. I like the idea of this page so why not ! I'm in !
Looking forward to your entry!!!
Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Raven0207

I've spent the last few nights here and there working on mine. I ended up turning it into a 2 pager. Hopefully I'll finish it up in the next day or 2 and throw it up.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By DavidR
@Raven0207 said:

I've spent the last few nights here and there working on mine. I ended up turning it into a 2 pager. Hopefully I'll finish it up in the next day or 2 and throw it up.

Hoping to see it soon, hope it's not regurgitated.  : P
Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By Red Rum

This was a doomed venture from the beginning.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DavidR
@Red Rum said:
It seems that way, why would u say so? Subject? What suggestions do you have? Just curious....
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tonis

@DavidR said:

@Red Rum said:
It seems that way, why would u say so? Subject? What suggestions do you have? Just curious....

subject can be a bitch with the contests without a doubt, and with a panels contest that can be amplified as it takes more commitment to make a page of pictures than a single one.

I think with what I've seen in submissions over the past month in all the contests though we've definitely had a 'light' month across the board. It makes some sense as the summer season starts to come in, People get out and do things.

Personally I like the panels contest for what it encourages, so I would say nothings ever gained without venturing ;)

What I might suggest if anything to open the entry opportunities is maybe trying a 'character' approach, where instead of saying do these specific pages, you offer the artists to pick their favorite scenes from a selected character.

So if we had a Batman one for a month, you might see someones take on something from the Dark Knight, or A Death in the Family, etc.

It gives the artists some leeway on what they wanna do but at the same time defines an arena to play in for the month.

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DavidR
@tonis

Sounds good to me. I thought of that but opted for a pre-drawn page to follow so that they had something to go by and interpret it their own way and make it easier.

I felt that by choosing their own it might create more work but I may try it for the next go round. 

Having the winner picking a character and having the artist choose a story already printed or create their own plot for a page or two. Thanks for the feedback Bud!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By tonis

@DavidR: it's a tricky balance between order and chaos indeed.

That does sound good though giving the winner something to pick and at the same time allowing the artists to pick within that limit on their favorite moment (or possibly making their own 'moment')

It actually will be interesting to see what some artists pick or do for a specific character :)

DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By DavidR
@tonis

I'm game but I agree with summer rolling around, it may be more difficult if the project is more complicated and time consuming...
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DavidR

Alright, this contest sadly was a dud but I managed to rush this one and at least have something for the Viners to look at. Hopefully it gets your approval. Still hoping  Raven0207 gets his in. Since I ran out of time due to 3 other projects I am working on, I didn't do a more technical aspect to the layout. Wanted some cool diagrams in his helmet and was gonna use his newer armor instead but opted for the easier faster older one. 

No Caption Provided
spawndon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By spawndon
@DavidR: ooooooooooo, this is good stuff!
tonis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By tonis

@DavidR: yea that came out killer, and I like the older armor. Nice job with the action and repulsor ray too :)

Also like the panel layout you went with, compliments the content and helps it flow smoother.

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Raven0207

Well here is mine. After David asked me to finish mine up I had too but I forgot too so the last panel is a rush job.  

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
Red Rum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By Red Rum

Finally!

Raven0207

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Raven0207
@tonis@DavidR: I'm game for the new approach to this contest. I personally will more than likely be limiting what contest I do but this is the one I really want to do every month but cause of the others I never have a chance to. I'm going to focus on my Sketch Blog, this contest and maybe one more of my choosing every month just so everything gets more attention.
DavidR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DavidR

Glad there was a little stimuli in a a flat-liner of a contest, we got some life pumped into this one thanks to Raven0207. Great post!

Will get the voting going later on today.

@spawndon
@tonis
Thanks for the comments guys. Glad you liked!