#1 Edited by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok guys! The moment you've been waiting for is here! The long awaited team up of the artist show off and the fan fic forums!

This month's script was written by @batkevin78

Panel one: Azrael chasing after Captain Boomerang.

Panel two: Captain Boomerang throwing “Go back to Gotham!”

Panel three: Azrael ducking, explosion behind him

Panel four: Azrael drawing swords or popping arms blades (depends on which Azrael you draw)

Panel five: Azrael leaping tackle at Captain Boomerang

Panel six: Azrael coming down hard on Captain Boomerang, blades through shoulder blades, blood, sparks etc. SFX: SHUKT!

Draw a one page comic based on this script. The winner will be voted upon and will then choose another script to base the next competition on.

Entries close 9th November.

@shatterstar could you pin this please?

#2 Posted by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry, it was submitted by @batkevin74

#3 Edited by Shatterstar (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice, hope this works out.

#4 Posted by BumpyBoo (10973 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool, it'll be interesting to see what people come up with for this!

#5 Posted by batkevin74 (11279 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq:

Such a massive response....oh well!

#6 Posted by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Edited by redscare (489 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what... I'll give it a shot.

#8 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (1170 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm in..! Trying to balance my time to enter a few challenges that are going on with other work on my plate, but this should be fun!

#9 Posted by batkevin74 (11279 posts) - - Show Bio

5 or so days left, seems the dream of Artists & Fan Fic'ers working together was just that. Oh well, next time gadget

#10 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1190 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly this gets doomed by the amount of time and effort that it requires. Also the trick starts with the hook, the hook being the motivation of the theme subject. That was a challenge for me every time I started one of these things. I tried to simplify the theme and leave the artist as much room as possible to express his or her creativity. I also removed myself from this to see if it would breath some life on it's own but sadly I think The Crank Contest days are numbered. It was a good idea for giving artists a place to flex their story telling muscles but the interest in this just doesn't seem to be enough.

#11 Posted by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a shame because pretty much all of the work a comic artist will do is sequential and story telling so this was a good way to experiment in that form. But yeah I get that it takes a lot more time than a pin up.

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (11279 posts) - - Show Bio

48hrs to go give or take. It was a bold idea

#13 Posted by Shatterstar (4499 posts) - - Show Bio

Well unfortunately this thread despite a month's timeframe and a different twist on the contest's concept didn't pan out. Any ideas on what can be improved/changed to generate more interest in this contest or should it be retired?

#14 Posted by batkevin74 (11279 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatterstar: Let it go. Try again another month with someone elses script

#15 Posted by bennyq (410 posts) - - Show Bio