#1 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio

So this round I thought we could tackle one of my favorite comic events, Crisis on Infinite Earths.  Or to be more specific, the death of Barry Allen in issue #8.

"In this issues dramatic finale by writer Marv Wolfman and artist George Perez, Allen gave his life in order to destroy an antimatter cannon created by the Anti-Monitor. Literally running himself to death, the Flash was reduced to merely an empty costume. But once the Crisis had been won, Wally West would accept the legacy of his mentor and begin the adventures of the new Flash."

Feel free to portray or re-imagine this event in any way you'd like.

Deadline is March 18th, 12:00PM Eastern Time.
#2 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: oh man oh man oh man, next to the death of Gwen Stacy and Supergirl this is my third most tragic moments in comics. A most excellent choice :)

#3 Posted by Raven0207 (1303 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: Major Epicness ! Will be really hard not to do this one.

#4 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis: "Have to keep running...no matter how much it hurts."

Gets me every time. T_T
#5 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather said:

@tonis: "Have to keep running...no matter how much it hurts." Gets me every time. T_T

Yea, both Kara and Barry's deaths were handled so noble and dramatic in that series. I still get shivers to this day reading it. Those two months back in the 80's left me completely floored as a comic fan.

#6 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

oh this is going to be cool...

#7 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

am so in a flash drawing mood,just finished reading road to flashpoint and flaspoint

#8 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

omg Omg OMG !!! I am definitively doing this.. sooooo excited :D

#9 Posted by TheWitchingHour (1340 posts) - - Show Bio

Great choice for the segment. One of the most iconic moments in comic history and one of the least artistically explored. Lots of potential.

#10 Edited by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont know if this will work. had to use a crappy shot from my phone.
#11 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge: whoa dude, crappy phone pic aside that looks spectacular. Very very nice :)

#12 Posted by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio
@tonis
Thx I had fun with this one. My wife loves Flash and hated that I killed him. Ha. But I told her it was Barry not Wally, and she was ok then.
#13 Posted by Sky_Jokiel (304 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge: Terrific man!!!

#14 Posted by batkevin74 (10415 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge: Nice work!

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14456 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge: Really cool man.

#16 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_razors_edge:

Great stuff! Powerful drama! : )

#17 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

PANEL1&2:Jay Garrick is trapped in the hands of the Anti-monitor

PANEL3:Barry Allen rushes to the rescue,moving and replacing Jay

PANEL4,5,6,7:Jay realizes what just happened and sees Barry die before his eyes

PANEL8&9:Kid Flash runs away knowing what just happened

#19 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

BLAST! I wish I could still draw :(

#20 Posted by The Poet (8291 posts) - - Show Bio

I would try to do this, but I already have a little piece I want to do...oh well!

#21 Posted by The_razors_edge (55 posts) - - Show Bio
@KEROGA: Man thats epic the whole story on one page. nice job!
@RamsIllustrations: Thx Glad I had some time to join in on this one.
@TDK_1997: Thx
@batkevin74: Thx
@Sky_Jokiel: Thx
#22 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

When Feather announced this as the next crank subject I knew I wasn't gonna be able to resist. The Flash's death in Crisis #8 was truly one of the most heroic and well handled deaths of any comic character.

This was not an easy one to pull off, in the comic the whole sequence of events took 9 pages and 92 panels. I squeezed it down to 6 pages and had to edit it to the essentials but I feel I got the basics in there :)

#23 Posted by M.S. Feather (1514 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_razors_edge: Wonderful!  Great detail and the scream flowing through the center of the pales says it all.

@KEROGA: Awesome idea having all three incarnations involved. ^^

@tonis: So glad you entered!  ...And with a lovingly crafted six page tribute at that.  I salute you, sir!
#24 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@M.S. Feather: hehe, well I tried to get it down to less pages but after reading and re-reading the event there was just SO much there. It was really tough deciding what to edit cause everything seemed relevant and I wanted it to explain the moments leading up to his sacrifice.

Really made me appreciate the massive job they did with that series, and how epic this moment was. :)

#25 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis:

Lot's of work, really shows the effort you put it in. Liked it to the point I had to download it and appreciate all the detail by zooming in. I did notice on the first page 3rd panel that Psycho-Pirate was reaching for something on Thunderer below the waist, was that intentional there tonis? Hehehe! JK

All in all I am impressed at how well your story panned out!

@KEROGA: Lovin' it buddy, keep it up!!

#26 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: lol, only you would notice that. If I'd raised the Flash up another foot it woulda looked even funnier :D

Yea downloading it is a bit of a trial, originally I had it all in 1 big vertical file, till it got to 15,500 pixels tall.

#27 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Actually I only noticed it because Egod kinda got me on that a while ago on my Hulk and vampire kids pic I posted.

On here it just didn't get big enough for me to appreciate all your work on each page, downloading was an option. : P

#28 Posted by tonis (6202 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations: lol, leave it to EGoD to spot a crotch grab or other oddity, the man has eagle eyes for stuff like that :D

#29 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1030 posts) - - Show Bio

@tonis: Yeh, one of the kids looked like he was going for the Hulks business, it was just a distance perception thing. Egod would notice! : P