#1 Edited by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

EGoD won the last contest and is MIA, presumably tending to real world affairs (or maybe non-real world affairs... really, I'm guessing here). To keep the contests rolling out, I'm posting the next contest in his absence.

And so I present... Costume Contest# 78: WONDER WOMAN

A major character missing from past re-design contests, Wonder Woman's past costumes have sometimes be met with fan rage. Jackets and jumpsuits. Pants or bikini bottoms. Choker or armor. Whatever you think makes for a great and iconic interpretation for the Amazon Princess.

Deadline: October 19th @ midnight (Eastern)

@shatterstar - can you please pin this?

#2 Edited by explodingpineapple (837 posts) - - Show Bio

This could have alot of entries.

#3 Posted by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

gasp i get to be a part of redesigning 1/3 of the trinity!

#4 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone give me idea of how this works... What exactly are these threads and how do they work?

#6 Posted by Shatterstar (4520 posts) - - Show Bio

Can someone give me idea of how this works... What exactly are these threads and how do they work?

Post your artwork on whatever the subject of the thread is; art must be created within the time-frame of the contest and the guidelines set up by the thread's poster. Once the time limit on the thread expires a voting thread is posted that lasts for a day or three, whoever gets the most votes wins and gets to start the next contest thread. Anyone can enter their art, anyone can vote in the voting threads.

#7 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@shatterstar: ok cool... So if I'm understanding this thread topic, the idea with these ones is to draw wonder woman, but in an original costume design?

#8 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman - That's correct. You're putting your own spin on Wonder Woman. And the art has to be original.

#9 Edited by EGoD (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare: WW was one of the people I was considering for the next contest so it's all good.

#10 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@egod said:

@redscare: WW was one of the people I was considering for the next contest so it's all good.

Awesome... hope you'll enter a piece!

#11 Edited by artiom1q2w (344 posts) - - Show Bio

#12 Edited by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Ooooooh wow, this one feels really tricky...

#13 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

Some rough lines for my entry.

#14 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by BumpyBoo (7646 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: Very vigilante, almost Military in design. Nice take!

#18 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o said:

@armiv2: Very vigilante, almost Military in design. Nice take!

Thank you kindly! I wanted to go for a look that read "warrior" but without doing it in a way that looked too much like the other ways I've seen it.

#19 Posted by EGoD (1512 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my Wonder Woman design

#20 Posted by Decept-O (7274 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: I think you succeeded. Will you color it?

#21 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@decept_o said:

@armiv2: I think you succeeded. Will you color it?

I'm planning on doing so if school work doesn't congest all of my available time.

#22 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

I was planning on entering this....but I'm now seriously reconsidering.

#23 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

I was planning on entering this....but I'm now seriously reconsidering.

What's stopping you?

#24 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: the quality of work submitted... You guys are doing just awesome stuff, won't even be a competition. Might still post what i've been working on, just outside of the comp.

#25 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman - Look at it as a showcase and not a competition. Your work may see more traffic on the contest thread and inspire someone else... you never know. Personally, I hope you'll post something here.

#26 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: the quality of work submitted... You guys are doing just awesome stuff, won't even be a competition. Might still post what i've been working on, just outside of the comp.

Well I still wanna see what you do here. One big thing I learned about art and design and stuff is that it if it is supposed to be capturing an idea, which for this contest would be a new outfit for a very iconic character, it really isn't so much that it looks like the best thing ever, but that the thing as a whole "speaks" what you were aiming for.

#27 Posted by WIshIWasSuperman (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2: @redscare: I appreciate the encouragement guys, one of the best things about this part of the forum. If I can get it done I time I'll probably put it in. Thing is I'm something of a perfectionist, so if I don't absolutely love something I do (or just don't think it's passable) I tend to just scrap the entire thing. But I'll see how it goes. There's still 8 or 9 days left right, so hopefully I can finish off what I wanted to do in time.

#28 Posted by wildcats25 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

this was tough!

#29 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: Hey man steel sharpens steel. I have been at this for over 30 years and I am still never satisfied with my stuff. What I have found on this site is, win or lose, you get exposure and feedback. You also see takes that other artists have and grow from the experience of participating in the community (as an artist and a person). The exposure helps make it easier to share your stuff and the feedback (from artists and non-artists) is usually (there are some jerks) helpful. I look forward to seeing your stuff.

#31 Edited by KEROGA (972 posts) - - Show Bio

Tough redesign....Photo is kinda tilted.

Shes more of a rebel teen. ("My sis is a cheetah and my cousin is a gorgon,so yea I can take care of myself")

#32 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

#33 Edited by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio

#34 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Great entries so far. Reminder... there's only 2 days left to get your entry in!

#36 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (980 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope I made the deadline...enjoy!

#37 Posted by MarvinTheMartian (27 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

#38 Edited by FrischDVH (597 posts) - - Show Bio

#39 Edited by Mrnoitaull (30 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry I couldn't finish this further.

#40 Posted by Mrfuzzynutz (980 posts) - - Show Bio

damn this is going to be a tough voting period, so many cool entries!

#41 Posted by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish I had the time to color my entry.

#42 Edited by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

@armiv2 - I won't be able to post the voting thread until tomorrow afternoon... so if you can slap some color that before then...

In fact, anyone that adds an entry by 3pm eastern tomorrow I'll add to the voting thread. My Kindle isn't the best for posting the vote stuff and I'm on the road right now.

Tomorrow. 3PM Eastern.

#43 Posted by redscare (431 posts) - - Show Bio

Also, beautiful entries everyone... you guys really came through for this one!

#44 Edited by ARMIV2 (8279 posts) - - Show Bio

@redscare said:

@armiv2 - I won't be able to post the voting thread until tomorrow afternoon... so if you can slap some color that before then...

In fact, anyone that adds an entry by 3pm eastern tomorrow I'll add to the voting thread. My Kindle isn't the best for posting the vote stuff and I'm on the road right now.

Tomorrow. 3PM Eastern.

Then I'm gonna have to get some of this modeling stuff done and try a last minute color job.