#1 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Since we are in that time of month where Halloween fever is becoming more notciable every day, therefore that is the theme for this contest.

I would like to see artists draw either single characters or an entire team from either DC or MARVEL in halloween/horror variations of their current costumes :P

Just go all out with your designs, turn our favourite heroes or villians into the embodiement of Halloween and Horror. Cant wait to see your interpretations and what you creative people come up with!

Contest will end OCTOBER 31st 12:00 (the witching hour)

HAPPY HALLOWEEN :D

#2 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Could you pin this please :P

#3 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeeaaah...!

I just hope I can get that scanner before Halloween though...

#4 Posted by Icarusflies (12246 posts) - - Show Bio

:D

NICE!!!!

#5 Posted by htb106 (1641 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: You could just take a picture on your phone and upload it to your computer.

#6 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@htb106 said:

@ARMIV2: You could just take a picture on your phone and upload it to your computer.

My phone's camera is...okay, but if I was gonna do that I would just use my actual camera.

#7 Posted by deadpool1109 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Just use your camera. My scanner never works. So I just shoot it with my camera or my phone (depending on where I am) and upload.

#8 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool1109 said:

@ARMIV2: Just use your camera. My scanner never works. So I just shoot it with my camera or my phone (depending on where I am) and upload.

I've been doing that while I'm still staying at my aunt's place. The only problem with that is the dark lighting throughout the house.

#9 Posted by deadpool1109 (423 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Open a window, use natural light. you'll get a fairly decent picture. if not, lower the exposure on your camera and take another one.

#10 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@deadpool1109 said:

@ARMIV2: Open a window, use natural light. you'll get a fairly decent picture. if not, lower the exposure on your camera and take another one.

It is because of natural light that the house is so dark. With the way the neighbors have their trees, the way the windows all seem to be built away from the sun's rotation...

But yeah, I've yet to experiment with all of the exposure/lighting techniques on my camera. Maybe something can help out.

#11 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: Hey Bud I have a Mustek scanner that I never used but can check and see if it works. It's yours if you need it. It used to be an XP OS it worked with but if you have Windows 7 or Mac I can see what drivers are available, It's grey and I believe still should look like new.

#12 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@RamsIllustrations said:

@ARMIV2: Hey Bud I have a Mustek scanner that I never used but can check and see if it works. It's yours if you need it. It used to be an XP OS it worked with but if you have Windows 7 or Mac I can see what drivers are available, It's grey and I believe still should look like new.

Thanks a bunch man, but I ought to be getting one from my folks since my dad's computer no longer works.

#13 Posted by RamsIllustrations (1007 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2:

NP, it's here if you need it it just in case. I will check it out anyways, I'm kinda curious if it works with Win 7. I just have 2 others and one is a large format one so this one has been in a box for a while. :)

#14 Posted by Mad_Wolverine (221 posts) - - Show Bio

Great contest idea! I'll get to work. I have about 3 ideas at the moment, so I'll see what works well...

#15 Edited by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101:

"Behold, 'tis I, Thor Odinsblood - God of Vampires!"

Happy Halloween :-)

#16 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selinaky: NICE! :P

#17 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

oh? i didn't notice it's a costume contest so i don't changed the looks costumes so much,maybe i'll change my entry

#18 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@artiom1q2w: Nicely done either way.

#19 Posted by KEROGA (935 posts) - - Show Bio

maaan,drawing up blanks, hate it when that happens

#20 Posted by KEROGA (935 posts) - - Show Bio
finally hit me, the doom patrol!..(NOT MY OFFICIAL ENTRY, JUST A SKETCH)
#21 Posted by bennyq (405 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Selinaky (677 posts) - - Show Bio

@bennyq: Haha, made me laugh, awesome

#23 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Hhhh... Cool and funny

#24 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry. I started with the first one and thought, meh too pretty lol so I did the zombie version which will be my official entry. Witch Phoenix and Zombie Witch Phoenix.

#25 Posted by KEROGA (935 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: always digged your style

#26 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: The dead witch one is beautiful.

#27 Posted by KEROGA (935 posts) - - Show Bio
so the entire doom patrol was a bit much for me, so its just negative man & beast boy!
#28 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's my entry, finally.

Catwoman as a Cat-Witch.

#29 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

Sexycool!...

#30 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: reply blizaga tis lovin it :P also love the wee darkseid

#31 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101 said:

@ARMIV2: reply blizaga tis lovin it :P also love the wee darkseid

Thanks for liking it. And that pumpkin Darkseid was actually my second choice for this contest.

#32 Posted by SteveRodgers (728 posts) - - Show Bio

its Plastic Man dressed as Reed Richards

#33 Posted by EGoD (1494 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower: @KEROGA:

#34 Posted by Decept-O (7270 posts) - - Show Bio

@EGoD: Beautiful. Both! @ARMIV2: Love the rendition, nice twist. Eet's a twist!

#35 Posted by Isobel (90 posts) - - Show Bio

Emma Frost is dressed like a spooky ghost for Halloween ;D

#36 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

@Isobel: hah like what you did ere "spooky ghost" :P nice work

#37 Posted by Isobel (90 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blizaga101: Thanks! Happy Halloween :)

#38 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decept-O: Thanks!

#39 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok even though I really didn't want to I'm gonna extend the deadline by 2 days, so that if people haven't entered yet they can, no need to rush. Bringing the end date to the 2nd of Novemeber

#40 Posted by Strafe Prower (11573 posts) - - Show Bio

@ARMIV2: I like the fun of it. Great job!

#41 Posted by ARMIV2 (7665 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strafe Prower said:

@ARMIV2: I like the fun of it. Great job!

Thank you!

#42 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been juggling ideas for my entry for weeks but from the start its always been Justice League Dark which im loving too fricken much :D

So ive been into my alice in wonderland lately so i decided to try and give my favourite members of the team an identity from Wonderland for there halloween costumes; Amythst - Alice, Constantine - Hatter, Black Orchid - Rabbit, Madame X - Red Queen, Zatanna - White Queen, Deadman - Chesire and Frankenstein - Knave.

#43 Posted by artiom1q2w (338 posts) - - Show Bio

it beautifully magical work

#44 Posted by Blizaga101 (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay contest is officially closed, neat entries from all those no participated! The voting pm shall be posted tommorow or the day after :D Hope you all had am entertaining Halloween !!!